This isn't sad but I thought you might like it. Lance has ADHD and Keith wants to help him study. He leaves Lance’s favorite candies at the end of each paragraph in their textbooks, and even brought him a rainbow glitter pen set for him to write his notes in.
Other things Keith + The Team have gotten/done Lance so he can focus;
-Pidge got him a pair of headphones designed to block out sound, or if Lance has an ADHD like my case and needs niose to function, create sound in certain environments and even protests when hes told he cant wear them in class.
-Hunk, Beautiful baby boy Hunk, teaches him methods of zoning in on one thing like he has to do when his ADD gets a little too distracting, it doesn’t work as well for Lance but he’s touched by the effort.
-Shiro* gives him a thing that helps manage time, and while Lance doesn’t really like it, he’s still touched that Shiro gave an effort. He just… didn’t exactly do a good job, you know? Because its not a time management thing, its a ‘I keep getting distracted and have too move constantly because I have too’ thing.
- this creates a small rift between them
- Don’t get me wrong, Lance is touched that Shiro is putting in the effort, but Shiro doesn’t really get it.
- And he low-key treats it as if its just a thing that can be fixed if you try hard enough, even though its really, really, really not.
- And that’s fine Lance guesses, he just doesn’t want Kieth (His super protective boyfriend that does everything and anything to help with his ADHD) too know that that’s how Shiro is treating this whole thing, because Shiro is Keith’s adopted brother and he really doesn’t wanna cause any fight.
- Spoiler alert, Shiro accidentally says something low-key offensive, and Keith is like, “What the fuck Shiro?”
- Cue big fight.
- However, when Shiro comes back from his time at the army, after his arm blew up, and he got a prosthetic, He cries and tells Lance that he gets it now- you can’t just shut it off. His PTSD can’t just shut off, neither can Lance’s ADHD, or Hunks ADD, and he finally gets it.
-Keith almost punched someone who said Lance should just get over the whole ADHD thing, and that person was a teacher. The comment wasn’t directed at Lance, but since Keith was an office aid, he over heard them, and lets just say he is not an office aid anymore.
- Lance is touched
-Allura, by extension her uncle Coran, haven’t moved down here yet, as they come after Shiro comes back from war.
*Note Shiro is not the bad guy in this story, rather he doesn’t really get it until he has to go through something like PTSD.