Carol Appreciation Week Day 6 : Top Five Favorite Moments
1. “The Grove”.
I absolutely entirely love this episode.
2. “No Sanctuary”, but especially the reunions with Daryl and Rick (even though I still didn’t forgive him) and the reunions between the Grimes family and Tyreese and Sasha. They would probably never reunite without Carol.
The Walking Dead 5x01 Carol & Daryl Hug / Rick reunites with Baby Judith
Daryl Dixon (x)]
3. The deleted scene with Merle. I will always be upset about the fact that they didn’t decide to put this scene on the episode. She cares so much about her people, and especially about Daryl’s well-being that she’s not afraid to threaten Merle, a “dangerous” man. She’s always been a badass ;)
Disney XD in the US has a Doctor Who / Tenth Doctor weekend starting today
Starting at 12pm today, Disney XD in the US has a Doctor Who / Tenth Doctor weekend as they will broadcast ten episodes of David Tennant’s first series as the Tenth Doctor.
The episodes will also be shown from 9.30am tomorrow too, as well as on the Spanish language channel Disney XD en Español at the same times.
The schedule for today is:
12pm – New Earth
1pm – Tooth And Claw
2pm - School Reunion
3pm – The Girl In The Fireplace
4pm - Rise Of The Cybermen
5pm - The Age Of Steel
6pm – The Idiot’s Lantern
7pm – The Impossible Planet
8pm – The Satan Pit
9pm – Love And Monsters
How would you have felt if the writers had the reunion between the sisters and Prue and the first meeting between Prue and Paige happen off-screen? This could have solved any problems of bringing Shannen back and they could have dedicated an episode to how each of the sisters reacted and dealt with seeing Prue for the first time after her death without having to show her directly. I'm just curious about your opinion after seeing a confession on the way Prue's death was handled.
I feel like that would be even more of a slap in the face than her not being showed at all. I don’t see what the point would be even mentioning Prue and Paige meeting if the viewers never got to see the actual interaction between them. Fans wanted to see them meet and interact and to have them meet off-screen wouldn’t be satisfying, at least not to me.
probably a pretty boring couple of questions so feel free just to pick out what you like. If Ian or Susan came back in New Who, what do you feel would be essential to happen? Best episode to watch on a bad day? Favourite setting of a One Era story? What is Barbara's finest moment among many finest moments in your opinion?
Not boring at all, thanks for asking. Oh gosh, Ian and Susan coming back would be very tricky. Essential would just be a meaningful reunion between them and the Doctor with the right amount of punch but not too angsty. Susan and the Doctor’s meeting would be very emotional, and Ian’s would have to have reference to Barbara. Ian’s would have to be set at Coal Hill and show some sort of link to where it all began for him.
Best ep to watch on a bad day? Ooh the Romans, The Chase, Keys of Marinus, Unicorn and the Wasp, Love and Monsters, Delta and the Bannerman, Battlefield, Invasion of the Dinosaurs, the Gunfighters.
Favourite setting of a One era story? Probably Vortis. That planet was just so good. We really love the French Revolution as a setting too.
Finest Barbara moment, that’s tough, there’s so many. Here’s two we particularly like. 1. the ‘you check your history books Ian’ moment from Reign of Terror’ and 2. Barbara protecting Safiya in the Crusade. She was so brave and selfless in that whole story. :)
in the extras section of miracle mask there’s an episode where descole and randall are, just, hanging out in the reunion hotel planning their next nefarious scheme. so i choose to believe that between dark miracles, these two were just, chillin, watching tv, and ordering expensive room service because its absolutely h i l a r i o u s to think about
The greatest thing in being an artist is if I want to see a thing “happen”, I can just draw it. Har har.
Soul of Gold and its Camus/Milo drama revived my interest for them because I don’t get what I wanted to see…yet??? I’m curious about the next episodes, though. The series is loaded with WTFities but it also brings us-well ok it brings ME and some of my friends many good moments. I’m hoping for a warm reunion full of manly tears UoU
Et la conclusion: On n’est jamais si bien servi que par soi-même!!! Allez, Camus, un bisou et on n’en parle plus!
S.H.I.E.L.D. Stars Chloe Bennet and Brett Dalton Have Animated Reunion on Disney Junior
Brett Dalton and Chloe Bennet are back together, but not on Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., where they play estranged sweethearts Ward and Skye. The popular sci-fi stars are reteaming on the Disney Junior hit cartoon Jake and the Never Land Pirates—as singing parrots! Their episode, “Flight of the Feathers,” airs Monday, June 29 (9am/8c), and finds four feisty birds—Eagle-Eye (voiced by Lost vet Nestor Carbonell), Talon (Dalton), Skully (series regular David Arquette) and Swifty (Bennet)—joining forces to find a platinum feather that could lead them to a hidden treasure.
“This is much more me—lighter, funnier, goofier—than the grim badass thing I do on S.H.I.E.L.D.,” Dalton says. “I’m glad the Disney Junior people were thinking outside the box but I don’t think anyone will be asking me to sing again. Thankfully, they had all these Disney geniuses in the recording studio working their magic dials. No matter what wrong note I hit, they saved me!”
Bennet is an old pro at this musical stuff—she started out her career as a pop star in China—but felt sorely lacking in her Mouse House history. “Somehow I managed to grow up without ever seeing a Disney princess movie,” she says. “Crazy, right? But hey, I was the only girl in a family with six brothers. I was always outvoted.”
No worries. What Bennet lacked in Disney knowledge, she made up for in enthusiasm—and plenty of sugar and caffeine. “It was a great excuse to eat lots of candy, down a couple of cups of coffee and go in with my energy up and have a nutty, fantastic time,” she says. “I have no idea how Brett and I wound up in the same episode. Nobody ever told us, but it can’t be a coincidence. There must be a big S.H.I.E.L.D. fan somewhere at Disney Junior.”
Adds Dalton with a laugh: “It was great to have this little reunion with Chloe, though I’m sure it’s not the reunion a lot of our fans want. They want Ward and Skye back together romantically. Check out some of the fan fiction on the Internet! It’s pretty wild.”
Both actors are new to this voiceover stuff. “Hayden Panettiere and I did Until Dawn, a teen horror video game where my hand gets bitten off,” Dalton says. “But Jake is my first cartoon and I loved it. It’s the only job where you can show up for work in your pajamas.”
He’s looking forward to watching the episode with his 3-year-old daughter, Sylvia. “She’s crazy about the Jake show but I don’t know if she’s old enough to grasp the idea that I’m the voice of a parrot,” Dalton says. “She’ll probably be, like, ‘Huh? What?’ and think I’m just pointing at some random bird and claiming it’s me.”
Check out this clip from the episode. (FYI: Dalton is the purple bird; Bennet is the pink one!)
(See part 1). Disclaimer: This is meant to be a post in support of Crystal, and not meant to bash other incarnations of SM. I do make a few comparisons, but this isn’t meant to be a “Crystal vs, Classic” debate. I myself love all versions of sailor moon, and wanted to make an appreciation post specifically for Crystal. Also, this is all strictly my opinion. :) Please enjoy!
21.Showing us Luna in her human form!
22. Heck, the whole reunion scene at the end of the Dark kingdom arc was beautiful.
23. This specific piece of character development from Usagi:
24. Episode 14′s title-le petit étranger: In French, this translates literally to “the little stranger.” A “little stranger” is commonly used as a euphemism for a fetus or an unborn child. As Chibiusa is Usagi and Mamoru’s daughter from the future who has yet to be born, this is a brilliant bit of foreshadowing her identity.
25. Ami’s backstory being expanded upon in episode 15 during the chess match provided some delightful insight into her character.
26. Usagi cheering her on during said match was very heartwarming to watch.
27. The Tsukino Family: One more minor thing I really like about SMC is their portrayal of the Tsukino family: Before SMC, I’d hear people go on about what a great mother Ikuko is, and I’d just be like:?But SMC actually does a really good job at portraying her as a strict but very caring and loving mother, so yet another thing to give them props for!:) As for Shingo, he and Usagi have a realistic brother-sister relationship without being excessively mean to one another. They fight sometimes, but certain things are left out; that cutaway gag in the manga where he acts shocked at the idea of Usagi being considered aesthetically attractive is cut out, and he’s notably less critical of her intellect and clumsiness than he is in other incarnations, although he still teases her about these flaws occasionally. Also, Usagi’s family generally seems to be more accepting of who she is, instead of constantly comparing her to other girls, particularly her alter ego, Sailor Moon. This I know was done several times in the 90s anime in particular for irony/comedic effect, but-imo- it grew old after a few episodes. Smc doesn’t have anyone lament she’s not like Sailor Moon or other girls anywhere near as often, which is nice.
28. No fat-shaming or appetite shaming: This is actually-unless I am mistaken- the only incarnation of Sailor Moon in which there is truly no body shaming of any sort, nor is there any bullying Usagi about her appetite. Unlike the 90s anime which was rife with teasing Usagi about her love of food, or the pilot episode of PGSM in which Mamoru insinuates that Usagi’s too chubby to become a model(that scene in which she’s comparing her figure to a model’s dress and looks upset that she’s not skinny enough to fit it, and Mamoru comes by, stares at her waistline, and tells her no one would mistake her for a model, for those who are confused about what I’m talking about) or even the manga-that scene where Sailor Chibi Moon says another girls’ thighs are too fat for her to be Sailor Moon technically qualifies- , SMC truly has no shaming of any sort in it…and that’s great!
29. The Title cards of the episodes: Not only are they super pretty, sometimes they’re even in French, which I like.
30. When Demande tries to touch Usagi without her consent, he is (almost) struck by lightning, which is a product solely of Usagi and Mamoru’s love. Needless to say, this not only demonstrates the power of Miracle Romance, it also was wonderful seeing Demande’s shocked expression once he realized his attempt at “seduction” failed. And speaking of Demande….
31. The non-romanticized depiction of Prince Demande: Demande is a heinous creep, and Crystal makes no attempt to glamorize or cover up that fact. Although he breaks away from the rest of the Black Moon Clan, there is no last minute, romanticized, naive redemption arc in store for him. He is still clearly as evil as he was initially, and tragically truly seems to has lost his sanity by the end of Act 24. Because Demande is a tragic villain: He has been corrupted by the Black Moon Clan’s promises for power, as well as his own unhealthy lust. However, he is by no means a hero, or Prince Charming, and Crystal does not pretend otherwise even for a second. His “love” for Neo-Queen Serenity is possessive and objectifying, and more likely to be pure lust rather than genuine love: He does not care about her needs and desires, he simply wishes to have her for his own, even if it means destroying her planet in the process. Crystal neither romanticizes him nor his behavior, and to that, I applaud Crystal immensely.
32. Usagi verbally shutting down Demande in episode 24. People are not things indeed!
33. The non-romanticized incest: I like to think of Black Lady as more of a symbol than a character. She represents Usagi’s and Chibiusa’s deepest fears and insecurities. Her relationship with Mamoru(read: making out with her dad) is disturbing, and it is supposed to be. Not just on an incestuous level, but also playing on and exaggerating Usagi’s fear of losing Mamoru after the two have just been reunited. Nothing about Black Lady is romanticized, it is all intensely disturbing for a multitude of reasons, and I think Crystal has done an excellent job with it.
34. Wiseman’s true form: He is terrifying, as he should be.
35. Baby Pluto:
36. Diana: Diana herself is adorable, but her offering to guard the door of time for our favorite(well, my favorite anyway) sailor senshi? Precious.
37. Sailor Pluto’s relationship with Chibiusa is especially endearing in this version, which is definitely saying something!
38. No Chibiusa fanservice! Seriously, all those pantyshots in Classic were kind of creepy, don’t you think? I like Classic too, but that was a little too much for me!
39. Sailor Pluto’s relationship with Endymion and Serenity: She clearly seems to have an unrequited crush on Endymion, but it doesn’t sour her opinion of Serenity in the slightest, nor does she at any point flirt with Endymion.She simply strives to protect them both, and is very sweet to their daughter. You go girl!
Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll Official Episode Descriptions (1x01-1x03)
Episode 1 / Production #101 - “Don’t Wanna Die Anonymous” (Airs July 16, 10:00 pm e/p) - Watching a sold out Afghan Whigs reunion show leads Johnny to try and get his old band back together. Written by Denis Leary; Directed by Michael Blieden.
Episode 2 / Production #102 - “Clean Rockin’ Daddy” (Airs July 23, 10:00 pm e/p) - Gigi and the band want Johnny to write songs without using drugs or alcohol. Written by Denis Leary; Directed by Michael Blieden.
Episode 3 / Production #103 - “Lust For Life” (Airs July 30, 10:00 pm e/p) - Johnny dies. On the internet. And decides to stay dead for financial reasons. Which leads to a big break for Gigi. Written by Denis Leary; Directed by Michael Blieden.
Because there’s a lot of overlap between Doctor Who, Torchwood, and the Sarah Jane Adventures, and I can’t seem to find a good list of what order they were aired in, I’ve decided to make one. So here it is, every episode of Doctor Who, Torchwood. and The Sarah Jane Adventures in order:
Does Alex Hirsch realized the pain the fans are going through right now.
A (about) 5 month break between cliffhanger episodes (though that was not his fault).
Confirming the Twin Theory, only to not know ANYTHING ELSE ABOUT IT FOR MONTHS!
The AMA telling us about Stanley’s name!
The Freakin’ leaked episode(s?)
A flashback episode is coming. Releasing some pictures of the new episode.
July 13th air date!
CAVE JOHNSON voicing the author!
The G4G Theory
THE DRAMATIC AUTHOR MEME!?
How are the Stans’ reunion going to be?
A no-break, 30 minutes episode full of flashbacks and double the Stans!?
A lot of it really isn’t his fault, but ours. But we are all slowly losing our sanity. We need this!!! Come in Disney!