There are 365 days in a year
And you and I both know from many unfortunate personal experiences,
That not all of those days will be good.
For some, the majority of those days will be a breeze
For others, each day will be a trial.
The world is a difficult place.
The world is an interesting place.
I am here to give you a few reminders
To keep up with this trying world we live in.
1. Follow your own heart and dreams. Don’t ever let anyone else tell you what you can or can’t do.
2. If you want something enough, you will find a way to make it happen.
3. You will meet people who hate you, and you will meet people who love you, and you will meet people who you think love you. Don’t be fooled. Some people are just passing by in your story called life. They’re there to teach you something, so always be aware.
4. Always remember that bad things and situations you don’t like will end. It may take minutes, hours, days, or years, but never forget that they will end eventually. You can get through anything.
5. You are your own person, not anyone else’s. Don’t let people take control of you and change your beautiful self.
6. The people in your life who make you giggle and smile in the darkest of times are ones you need to keep with you forever. There is always the potential for hard times, and you’ll need someone to cheer you on.
7. You do not have to live up to any standards or expectations. Family and peers and society are constantly telling us that we have to be a certain way, or else we aren’t good enough. Tune out of that thinking and just be yourself. That’s the best thing you can be.
8. Don’t be afraid to step outside of your comfort zone. Being out of the box can bring on so many amazing new opportunities you never even thought existed.
9. A lot is going to happen to you during your lifetime, so let yourself feel anything and everything. Always feel as much as you can. It makes you experience things at a higher level and you can say, “Yes I know this feeling. I’ve been here before.”
10. A good cry cleanses the heart and mind and soul.
11. Appreciate the small things. They can teach you to love and be at peace with everything around you.
12. It’s okay to take a break from everyday duties once in a while.
13. Travel whenever possible, it opens the mind. Go on adventures in new places and learn about the world. You will come back a new person.
14. Get up the courage to talk to strangers. That’s how you meet people. Who knows, the next person you meet could end up being your new best friend.
15. Stand in the rain and breathe in the wide open air and absorb everything you can about the earth.
16. Long walks are something that can clear the mind and resolve many issues.
17. It’s okay to lay in bed with a book all day.
18. Look out the window and watch the snow silently fall. It’s one of the most peaceful and relaxing things you can do.
19. Remember that everyone is living their very own life with their own problems, so always be kind and respect others.
20. Keep and open mind and listen to people’s thoughts. You might discover more than you think.
21. You are not defined by your weight or skin color or career or the number of friends you have or your grades in school or your decisions. You are so much more than that.
22. Everyone makes mistakes in life, so don’t judge a person based on their decisions.
23. Keep your own limits and morals. Don’t give them up for anyone.
24. Live a little. Be spontaneous and experience all that you possibly can.
25. Aim to live a life that you will be proud of and content with when you’re 90 years old.
26. Things in life will tear you down, but time heals everything.
27. Rumors don’t help anyone. Don’t start or spread them.
28. Your soulmate is out there in the world searching for you too. Don’t lose hope. You’ll find each other one day.
29. Treat yourself once in a while.
30. Random acts of kindness can make someone’s day and it can make you feel good too.
31. You’re going to have to work if you want to live a truly happy life. Don’t cheat or make someone else do the work for you. That will only make an unfulfilled and empty life for you in the end.
32. Be proud of everything you do.
33. Self love never hurt anyone.
34. Find things to look forward to. It will keep you excited and more hopeful for the bright future.
35. Leave a piece of you in every place you go and with every person you meet.
36. Always listen to people. Everyone just wants to be heard and understood and feel like they matter to someone.
37. Do what is best for you in the long run, even if it hurts at first.
38. Love with all your heart and soul at every opportunity.
39. Never settle for less. You deserve the best and whatever makes you truly happy.
40. Don’t feel bad if someone doesn’t like you. It’s their loss because they won’t get to experience your magnificent presence.
41. Never fear love. Love can make you grow and blossom and teach you so much. Don’t fear it, but proceed with caution. Broken hearts will heal with time, but they are never fun.
42. Dancing silly to your favorite songs will guarantee some giggles and smiles.
43. Always sing in the shower, and when you’re home alone, sing as loud as you can.
44. Put effort into everything you do. It makes it all worthwhile and you feel better about it in the end. You can reflect and say “Look at this. I’m proud.”
45. Exercise makes you feel good and you’ll feel accomplished too. Try it sometime.
46. You are beautiful exactly how you are. Don’t deny yourself of your own loveliness.
47. You may not be perfect, because no one is, but you’re hella radiant, which is near perfection.
48. To grow as a person and expand your mind and soul, learn at least one new thing everyday.
49. Don’t beat yourself up about things you have no control over.
50. Happiness is not a goal or a point on a map. It is a state of being that everyone deserves.
Now my friend, I hope you can carry these things with you in your heart
Because every time you are down
You can always get back up.
Every time you are afraid
The fear won’t last forever.
This world and the people in it may knock you down
But you need to keep getting back up.
You have to.
Live, live, live.
Live your dream life. Make things happen.
It will be hard and it may seem hopeless and pointless sometimes,
But just remember that things really do get better.
The world is a difficult place.
The world is a beautiful place.
But only if you believe it to be.
“You were right to think it wasn’t your place to say anything, Tudor, and it certainly isn’t your place to get protective of me.” Rummaging in her handbag for her keys, even though she could see that Henry already had his own gripped in his hand, she carried on her voice gaining a shrillness. “You’re not my dad, not my brother, my boyfriend, or hell, even my friend. You’re my flatmate. So do me a favor, and back off.”
I hate to bother you ! but the download on your icon post isn't working ! c:
you’re not, love! i’m so sorry, dropbox can be awful, so i just decided to upload it with two more borders in a zip file to media fire. it can be found here. please like or reblog if you’re using. i hope i’ve helped! xx
Could you do a tutorial or give me some tips on how to digitally paint hair is the hardest for me thanks for your time:)
*Never color black hair with pure black, it makes it look bad and you cant put shades on it and, its very difficult to make good lights too. Its much better if you put like a dark gray or something like that but never paint it black.
*Is more preferable if you do not use very saturated colors for the hair, it’s just too bright and make it difficut to watch, putting away the fact that it makes it look very ugly if you dont know how to use that kind of saturated colors.
*Have fun painting it, take your time. I do, and tbh one of the best parts for me its painting the hair, it makes me feel relaxed.
I hope it helped a little bit at least (?)
also sorry again if you didnt understand, my english is a little crappy and my handwriting is very confusing for some people <:0
A comic, a real comic, would easily be able to indicate various movements, and small gestures like shrugging, and pair it with dialogue in one or two panels that takes Ava’s Demon the course of three to five.
This is because Ava’s Demon isn’t trying to follow a comic format, and IS intended for animation. When you consider that, absolutely everything makes sense.
Instead of looking at AD like a comic, I think it’d be beneficial to a lot of the people frustrated with the “lack of action” to consider the “panels” as cinematic stills. That’s really the most accurate description of any image regarding the story.
The entirety of Ava’s Demon is written to be presented as film script, meaning details of small, yet characterizing gestures, like Gil holding his ID card for so long with Nevy in the background.
It’s so many panels because to fulfill its purpose as a movie script, Ava’s Demon needs to be clear on practically every detail.
Remember Olai’s computer room? From the screen view the next shot is the computer, then the camera zooms out and pans across the room and stops on Merita.
or when Ava says “If I were an ugly alien ghost, what would my host look like?” after she gets the glasses
The camera starts solidly on her face, then pans down, zooming out a bit and before the last third of the sentence is done and focuses on the markings on the floor at her feet.
(or not! im not a camera person! but I hope you get the idea)
This “comic” is a detailed, colorful, note-lacking storyboard for a movie and for you all who understand that you’re only reading a comic, none of it makes sense because of how oddly its presented in relation to the format that you’re used to. It feels slowly and unnecessarily frustrating and you think the visuals are pretty but you want content.
The problem with that is that there’s plenty of content, but this is the first, what??? 15 minutes?? of a film.
Consider that, and there’s plenty.
Even the “chapters” are Acts. All of the scene changes and the characters are pushed into the next stage of the story.
Gil’s ship was a transitional scene, a lot like how the interior of airplanes in action movies are a place where a viewer’s eye rests before the real action. In Ava’s Demon, after we pass through the big doors, we slowly build upnin chaos up to Ava’s panic attack, stop suddenly with Maggie as a sense of relief, and we get some insight as a viewer the rest of the situation before Ava does.
The storytelling in Ava’s Demon is largely cinematic and people who expect a comic experience won’t find it here.
Hey 😃Maybe a Bellarke Fic were something dramatic has just happened and they go back to their room and suddenly everything is silent and calm and they clean each other's wounds? Maybe in cannonverse ? Your blog is amazing and you are a blessing thank you
Omg thank you :’) I’m sorry it took me forever to get to this but I hope you like it. Not TOTALLY sure if the title is 100% applicable but it’s super bellarkey anyway so. ALSO! This is 4x06 spec
Fandom: The 100 Pairing: Bellarke Rating: G, I guess Words: 1,441
On her forehead there’s a slash from which blood trickles in a
steady flow into Clarke’s eye. She feels a bruise blossoming across
her cheekbone. Her head pounds in her temples and between her brows,
a sharp ache that rears its ugly head with each second that passes.
But Clarke has jumped hundreds of feet into violent waters. She’s
opened her own stitches and slit her skin to cut deals. She wrestled
a damn jaguar and survived.
She’s dealt with worse.
Bellamy has too, but that doesn’t quell the fear bubbling in
Clarke’s gut like a waking volcano when she looks at him now.
His jacket is thrown onto the bed, leaving him with only his t-shirt
to veil the gash sliced along his bicep. Blood drips in a curtain
down his arm, staining the fabric of his shirt and falling in thick
drops to the floor. With his opposite hand, Bellamy tries rolling up
his sleeve to get a better look at the damage. When he fumbles,
frustrated, Clarke crosses the room to help him.
It’s the first time since Trikru attacked them on their way to
Becca’s lab that Clarke has seen the injury, and when she does, she
can’t help the shallow breath she sucks in. Bellamy tenses. Clarke
knows the blood makes it look worse than it actually is, but even so,
she can tell slapping a band aid on this one won’t fix it.
Over the lump in her throat, she says “I need to clean this,” and
hurries to the attached bathroom to wet a cloth. “And stitch it.”
She grabs her first aid kit from their traveling bag. “And probably
I am sorry you had thst experience. It's a hard situation. For my part, me and my abuser ended up throwing accusations at each other like cowboys in a quick draw. I haven't forgiven people who didnt believe me, but I can't blame them either. It's an impossible situation which feeds off our desire to do good; and uses our own strongest ideals as a weapon against us. So ugly. I hope you are doing ok x
(2)(cowboy abuse accusations anon) edited to add, that person was not only big on consent, but was a consent educator and activist in town and rather prominent in local campaigns. So it goes. I’m having some trust problems, and a lot of feminist or social justice buzzwords still read as red flags to me - including ones about abuse and survival. Oh blimey, it’s tough. I hope you are doing ok.
Thanks, and I hope you’re doing okay too. It’s a really impossible situation when abuse accusations are the abuse, and not at all a rare one. But then you get into “saying my abuse accusations are abuse is just reinforcing abuse” and oh my God it’s turtles all the way down.
In the end, all we’re left with is that it’s really hard to know from the outside what a situation is. "Believe everyone” ties you in knots, “believe no one” is heartless, “believe the more respectable party” is very dangerous, “believe the less privileged party” is hopelessly naive, even “trust your gut” is just a gateway to the inner prejudices of your gut. It’s really hard.
I’m not going to claim I know what to do now, but at least I know a little bit more about how tough the problem is. Hopefully.
This is a really adorable request and I am so so so sorry for posting this so late!!!I hope whoever it was that requested this reaction likes it! Enjoy 😊 and Happy Reading!! (apologies because this isnt my best writing)
I think Jin would be very calm and he would try his best to comfort you. He would leave one of his plushies with you so that you could always feel his presence next to you.
“Baby stop crying. Please?” He said as he wiped your tears away. You were both sitting in his car enjoying your last moments together before he had to leave. He wanted to cry too but for you he stayed strong. “Look at me”he tilted your chin up. Then he brought his favourite Mario plushie from behind his back and smiled his special smile. He brought your hand forward and placed the plushie in it. “Keep him safe okay?I will miss you so much baby, but please don’t cry. We will see each other in a few months” When you nodded your head he showered your face with kisses and embraced you in a hug (pretend you are jk in the gif)
I dont think Yoongi would really do anything except for letting you hug him and cry. He would feel sad seeing you cry but he would let you have it.
His hands found their way to your waist and he pulled you into a hug. You tightly wrapped your arms around his back and cried into his chest. He gently patted your back. “Baby, if you cry like this do you think I can go?” He asked you. Your arms tightened even further at his question. “I will only be gone two months babe. When I get back, all my time is yours I promise you that.” He kissed your forehead, and took your hands in his and kissed the back. As he was leaving you grabbed his wrist to stop him from going. He mouthed an I love you to you, and turned towards the airport to leave. He looked back a few times and waved at you, and gestured for you to smile.
He is emotional and very sensitive so no doubt he would cry with you, but at the same time he would try his best to make you smile.
Both of you stood near the airport departure gate, hugging each other. You let a few tears spill on his shirt and he could feel it. “I am going to miss you so so so much” he said in a hoarse voice as he had been crying. You sniffled and nodded your head. “How will I sleep without my boo?” You asked him. He chuckled. “I will facetime you every night, and then we can both fall asleep while talking to each other. Sound good?” Both of you let go of each other. He wiped your tears as you did the same for him. “You will watch the concerts right?” He asked. You chuckled and nodded trying to hold back the tears. He touched his forehead with yours “I love you” he smiled. “I love you too" you replied in a raspy voice
He would be totally calm and logical about it, but he would feel sad seeing you cry and he would try his best to lift your spirits up before leaving.
You were cuddling on the couch with your head on his chest and his arm around you. You were playing with each other hands just enjoying the silence. “I am going to call you and text you everyday” he said breaking the silence. The tears you had been holding finally welled up in your eyes. You tried to blink them away but to no avail. “Babe don’t" his arm tightened around your shoulder. “I will miss you Joon” you choked out the words. “I know. I will miss you too” he kissed the top of your head. “Be strong for me baby. Otherwise I will feel guilty for leaving you like this.”Once you had promised him you wont cry, he wrapped the blanket around both of you and snuggled closer to you.
He would just make you laugh. He would hate seeing you cry and deep down he would feel bad that he had to leave you.
You and Taehyung were taking your nightly walk together. “Do you want me to bring anything back from tour?” You shook your head. “Just bring yourself back safe and sound” you smiled warmly at him. His smile stretched even further across his face. You wrapped your arms around his shoulders and he hooked his hands around your waist pulling you further into the hug. You started crying as soon as he hugged you.One of his hands tickled your side. You jumped away from him. “If you don’t stop crying, I know all the ticklish spots y/n” he threatened. You ran away from him and he chased you around. He caught hold of you by your forearm and spun you around to face him. “You always know how to make me smile” you kissed his nose. “Always” he whispered and leaned in for a kiss.
I think Jimin much like Jin would try his best to comfort you. He would hate to see you cry and he would say soothing words to you to get you to stop crying.
He had asked you on a date before leaving. Like the first time he had said. You were standing hand in hand on the pier with him watching the sunset. “We won’t be able to watch the sunset together” you said absentmindedly. He diverted his gaze from the sky to you. Your eyes were glossy and he knew you were going to cry. “Yes we can baby. We can FaceTime and watch it together” he proposed the idea. It didn’t help because you broke down in his arms. “Please don’t go. I will miss you way too much.” “I am going to miss you more than you’re going to miss me” he scrunched his nose. He lifted your chin up and leaned in. “I love you so much baby” and with those words he pressed his lips onto yours. “The rest of it, after I get back from tour” he smirked. “Actually just go for as long as you need to. No rush” you replied and he chuckled while enveloping you into a hug again.
I have no doubt that he would try to make you laugh by pulling random faces at you, doing aegyo, and even just bringing out his meme side. He would try everything to make you laugh because he would hate to see you cry.
You had been sulking in your room all day refusing to come out. “y/n” you heard a knock on the door. It was Jeongguk. “Open up babygirl/boy” You opened the door for him and he entered. You went back to your spot on the bed and hid yourself under the covers. He was going on tour and you hated it. You tried to choke back your sobs. “Dont do this y/n” he said as he rubbed your back. “You know it makes you look ugly right?” He laughed. You shot up from the bed and hit him on the head. “Theres my girl/boy. Cheer up. For me? Please? he asked. You shook your head in reponse.“You leave me no choice, sunshine” he sighed. He stood up, tapped his fingers on his phone, and cleared his throat. Twice’s cheer up played and he proceeded to show you his girl group dance, in an effort to make you smile which he succeeded in doing so. (Its not cheer up but pretend it is)
**apologies for any spelling errors**
I hope you liked this reaction anon! Hope you have a wonderful day ahead 😊
EXPLAINING COMMON SENSE TO ANTIS AND OT8 STANS (1/??)
fact: when working on a film or a drama, the person hired does not work under the group’s name but as an actor, as an individual person. this is not only the case with yixing, but also with chanyeol and kyungsoo. where was the outrage then? or is it only bad when it’s a Chinese member?
lol i did it with those 4 colours lol ,, this was the MCM challenge and requested by Arashi Senpai ;;u;;
I hope you like it Senpai >u< ,, sorry if its kinda ugly lol sorry if it took long too :’D
his hair is such a pain lol ;;u;; school has been keeping me busy lol ,, and yes i just did this with the #50 colour palette lol ,, i have used all the luminosity and multiply as i can ;;u;; i kept on mixing red , blue and yellow lol ,,
now my hands are itching to play ;;u;; oh and resident evil 7 biohazard had just been released ~ bless ;;u;;
I've always been scared of having "too much exaggeration on emotions" in my drawins and for the past few months my art has always had a dulled, neural look. It was really bumming me out. But after finding your blog and all your amazin pieces, I love your bnha btw lmao, I've been really inspired to branch out and break the mold I've set myself in. Idk, it may sound silly or weird but I just wanted to say thank you for that and for showin me how emotions really bring out every art piece. Rock on!
Im glad youre pushing yourself to give characters more life in your art!
I think sometimes people worry that by contorting characters faces with intense emotion that they somehow make them “ugly” or “embarrassing”–but I find beauty in characters who’s faces crunch and twist and become almost monster like. So much power comes from feelings that “destroy” the face, and I personally flock to art styles that aren’t afraid of that ugliness, like:
Horikoshi (as you know)
One (Studio BONES)
Kei Sanbe (A-1 Pictures)
Kazue Katō (A-1 Pictures)
Atsushi Ōkubo (Studio BONES)
This…ended up turning into a show-and-tell post abt the kinda of faces I like lmao BUT!! You get the point.