So, after answering the request for Villain!Deku and reading headcanons by @bnha-villianous-imagines for Villain!Deku (Which by the way, you guys should totally check out), I got really inspired to write out some headcanons of my own! Maybe I’ll even write a fic based off these headcanons? Idk, but I just really loved the concept, so here it is!
- With how much Izuku wanted to become a hero, to me, it’s not surprising that he’d become a villain. Those desires of his had ultimately led to him going down the wrong path, much like being on a balance beam.
- First and foremost, one of the key factors that led him to become a villain would be the constant bullying and jeering from Katsuki. Midoriya may be timid and reserved, yes, but there has gotta be a point where too much is really, too much.
- Personally, I think his sense of rationality was like a wire. Though his desires to become a hero like All Might was strong, but being constantly told by people that he will never make it, has resulted in that wire to fray.
- We all know that a fraying wire is dangerous, and by that point, Izuku has already had several villainous notions running through his head, but he tries his best not to think of them, much less act on them.
- The breaking point was when All Might broke the truth to him, where someone quirkless wouldn’t be able to become a hero.
- In his head, he wipes away any thought of becoming a hero, and began to despise and loathe heroes and aspiring heros alike.
- “Heroes are never there when you need them, are they? This is why I loathe and despise them, they are, after all, just hypocrites, merely serving to upkeep appearances.”
- Midoriya is very resourceful, so he would know about the existence of the League of Villains. He wouldn’t join them immediately, but as more news articles on heroes saving the day kept surfacing, his thirst to take action was just growing stronger.
- He re-watches the videos of All Might saving civilians, and the only thought that crosses his mind was, “God, how I wish I could take him down. Symbol of Peace, at my mercy?”
- Instead of joining U.A as he originally intended, he would enter a normal highschool, but his collection of various quirks and its disadvantages would expand. One thing to note, however, is the two quirks circled in an angry red. One for all and Explosion.
- At this point, he has established the fact that he has two people he wants to kick off their high horses. Bakugou Katsuki, and All Might. It would bring him immense pleasure to take down these two. His personality would suffer as well. He would definitely be crazier, cockier and extremely teasing.
- His mom would come to realize that Izuku had changed, and had strangely, not spoken of All Might recently. It’s around the time when she realized something was wrong, that Izuku took the plunge and joined the League of Villains.
- Though, Izuku didn’t like Shigaraki Tomura. In a sense, villain!Izuku resembled Stain a great deal.
- Naturally, his notebook full of different heroes quirks and weaknesses would come in handy. So when the opportunity to attack USJ presented itself, he took up the offer eagerly.
- Unfortunately, All Might wasn’t present at USJ like he expected, but Bakugou was. And boy, was he excited to meet his arch nemesis.
- “Hey, Kacchan~ Cat’s got your tongue? Aren’t you glad to see an old friend?”