There are 365 days in a year
And you and I both know from many unfortunate personal experiences,
That not all of those days will be good.
For some, the majority of those days will be a breeze
For others, each day will be a trial.
The world is a difficult place.
The world is an interesting place.
I am here to give you a few reminders
To keep up with this trying world we live in.
1. Follow your own heart and dreams. Don’t ever let anyone else tell you what you can or can’t do.
2. If you want something enough, you will find a way to make it happen.
3. You will meet people who hate you, and you will meet people who love you, and you will meet people who you think love you. Don’t be fooled. Some people are just passing by in your story called life. They’re there to teach you something, so always be aware.
4. Always remember that bad things and situations you don’t like will end. It may take minutes, hours, days, or years, but never forget that they will end eventually. You can get through anything.
5. You are your own person, not anyone else’s. Don’t let people take control of you and change your beautiful self.
6. The people in your life who make you giggle and smile in the darkest of times are ones you need to keep with you forever. There is always the potential for hard times, and you’ll need someone to cheer you on.
7. You do not have to live up to any standards or expectations. Family and peers and society are constantly telling us that we have to be a certain way, or else we aren’t good enough. Tune out of that thinking and just be yourself. That’s the best thing you can be.
8. Don’t be afraid to step outside of your comfort zone. Being out of the box can bring on so many amazing new opportunities you never even thought existed.
9. A lot is going to happen to you during your lifetime, so let yourself feel anything and everything. Always feel as much as you can. It makes you experience things at a higher level and you can say, “Yes I know this feeling. I’ve been here before.”
10. A good cry cleanses the heart and mind and soul.
11. Appreciate the small things. They can teach you to love and be at peace with everything around you.
12. It’s okay to take a break from everyday duties once in a while.
13. Travel whenever possible, it opens the mind. Go on adventures in new places and learn about the world. You will come back a new person.
14. Get up the courage to talk to strangers. That’s how you meet people. Who knows, the next person you meet could end up being your new best friend.
15. Stand in the rain and breathe in the wide open air and absorb everything you can about the earth.
16. Long walks are something that can clear the mind and resolve many issues.
17. It’s okay to lay in bed with a book all day.
18. Look out the window and watch the snow silently fall. It’s one of the most peaceful and relaxing things you can do.
19. Remember that everyone is living their very own life with their own problems, so always be kind and respect others.
20. Keep and open mind and listen to people’s thoughts. You might discover more than you think.
21. You are not defined by your weight or skin color or career or the number of friends you have or your grades in school or your decisions. You are so much more than that.
22. Everyone makes mistakes in life, so don’t judge a person based on their decisions.
23. Keep your own limits and morals. Don’t give them up for anyone.
24. Live a little. Be spontaneous and experience all that you possibly can.
25. Aim to live a life that you will be proud of and content with when you’re 90 years old.
26. Things in life will tear you down, but time heals everything.
27. Rumors don’t help anyone. Don’t start or spread them.
28. Your soulmate is out there in the world searching for you too. Don’t lose hope. You’ll find each other one day.
29. Treat yourself once in a while.
30. Random acts of kindness can make someone’s day and it can make you feel good too.
31. You’re going to have to work if you want to live a truly happy life. Don’t cheat or make someone else do the work for you. That will only make an unfulfilled and empty life for you in the end.
32. Be proud of everything you do.
33. Self love never hurt anyone.
34. Find things to look forward to. It will keep you excited and more hopeful for the bright future.
35. Leave a piece of you in every place you go and with every person you meet.
36. Always listen to people. Everyone just wants to be heard and understood and feel like they matter to someone.
37. Do what is best for you in the long run, even if it hurts at first.
38. Love with all your heart and soul at every opportunity.
39. Never settle for less. You deserve the best and whatever makes you truly happy.
40. Don’t feel bad if someone doesn’t like you. It’s their loss because they won’t get to experience your magnificent presence.
41. Never fear love. Love can make you grow and blossom and teach you so much. Don’t fear it, but proceed with caution. Broken hearts will heal with time, but they are never fun.
42. Dancing silly to your favorite songs will guarantee some giggles and smiles.
43. Always sing in the shower, and when you’re home alone, sing as loud as you can.
44. Put effort into everything you do. It makes it all worthwhile and you feel better about it in the end. You can reflect and say “Look at this. I’m proud.”
45. Exercise makes you feel good and you’ll feel accomplished too. Try it sometime.
46. You are beautiful exactly how you are. Don’t deny yourself of your own loveliness.
47. You may not be perfect, because no one is, but you’re hella radiant, which is near perfection.
48. To grow as a person and expand your mind and soul, learn at least one new thing everyday.
49. Don’t beat yourself up about things you have no control over.
50. Happiness is not a goal or a point on a map. It is a state of being that everyone deserves.
Now my friend, I hope you can carry these things with you in your heart
Because every time you are down
You can always get back up.
Every time you are afraid
The fear won’t last forever.
This world and the people in it may knock you down
But you need to keep getting back up.
You have to.
Live, live, live.
Live your dream life. Make things happen.
It will be hard and it may seem hopeless and pointless sometimes,
But just remember that things really do get better.
The world is a difficult place.
The world is a beautiful place.
But only if you believe it to be.
I JUST WANT GOD TO TALK TO ME. I JUST WANT GOD TO TALK TO ME. I JUST WANT GOD TO TALK TO ME. I JUST WANT GOD. I JUST WANT.
There is a swallowing
Coming from the garden.
I don’t know where my brother is
But I think he went there.
I think he heard it too.
In my dreams I went there,
To the garden,
To the swallowing.
My mother sinks her teeth
Into a purpled plum
And her mouth comes away RED.
She bites into it anyway.
And suddenly I am all hands
A prayer dropped in my lap
Like a baby
Or a disappointment.
I am both.
I DID NOT MEAN IT. I DID NOT MEAN IT. I DID NOT MEAN TO. OH, GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE?
He is not an angel.
They loved him holy.
They loved him divine.
They loved me earthly
Like the dirt they told me to work
But I did not mind.
There is peace in the fields.
I was made for it.
My feet are sproutlings,
Hands like sage.
The day before it happens
You call me a lamb
While your hands still glisten
From your SACRIFICE.
I wonder, did your slaughter
Feel this filthy?
They called him angel,
But I have known angels.
Baring Eden with flaming swords
And burning eyes.
They would have ripped
My heart out
Without a second thought.
WHY DIDN’T THEY LOVE ME? WHY DIDN’T THEY LOVE ME? WHY DIDN’T THEY LOVE ME? WHY WAS IT ALWAYS HIM?
Why am I the one to toil?
To live bloodless, to be clean,
And somehow you are the martyr now?
Oh the swallowing
My brother followed the sound
Like a fawnling.
This was my mistake.
WHERE IS MY PARADISE NOW?
I am always the villain.
But did anyone ever ask
If my brother had done me
Remember that I brought fruit for sacrifice.
He was the first to taste the slaughter.
In my dreams
He still licks
From the moon.
FATHER FORGIVE ME FOR EVER BELIEVING YOU COULD SAVE ME. I DON’T NEED TO HEAR YOUR VOICE. I HAVE MY OWN.
My fall began far before you marked me.
Am I not my father’s son?
Am I not tragedy in conception?
I WANT. I WANT. I WANT.
Freedom. Softer hands. A mouth that is not a mouth, but a river- an opening. Something holier than myself. Something holy. Shoes that fit my feet. Feet that do not wander, but dance. Fruit bright and unspoilt. A better dream. A garden garden garden. Eden, but filthier. The world, but more like me. A life- an afterthought. A heart that does not beat in the space that another should. A heartbeat that was ever mine to begin with.
AM I HOLY ENOUGH FOR YOU YET?
Listen, we both know my name was never
In your books to begin with.
This isn’t slander.
It’s the truth.
You have always had a favorite son.
How longs have I wandered,
I only ever found humanity
God is not kind.
So I take this
As a complement.
@nightwing-rules asks: “Can I request a story where Jason and his S/o spend some good quality time on his day off?” I hope you enjoy this!
Sun shines in from the small window in your bedroom.
It’s a welcome feeling, there aren’t many sunny days in Gotham, you rarely ever
feel the sun on your skin. Turning around you look at your boyfriend Jason. He’s
pure perfection in this moment, his face is peaceful, not worried or
preoccupied for once in a long, long time. The white streak in his messy hair looks
yellow due to the glow of the sun in the room, and you wish you could run your
hands through it, but you knew that he needed rest. It wasn’t often that Jason
got a day off, so you decided to let him sleep as long as he wanted, although
you did have some plans for today.
“You know, it’s not polite to stare
Y/N.” Jason murmured, his morning voice holding the most beautiful gravelly
tone. You chuckle, because of course he doesn’t say good morning, or that he
loves you, he reprimands you for staring. Things like that were one of the many
reasons you loved him though.
“Well then Jaybird, don’t be so
beautiful and I won’t be so impolite.” You replied, running your fingers
through his hair as you did. Your eyes may have deceived you, but you could’ve
sworn that he was blushing as he buried his head in the pillow. “C’mon love, if
you’re awake we have to get going.” You urge him, slightly tugging on his arm.
“Why? Can’t we just lay in bed all
day and do nothing? I haven’t done nothing in forever.” Jason whines, turning
his head to face you. You contemplate his request, he really hadn’t done
nothing in forever, but what you had planned was better than nothing, as least
in your opinion. Maybe a bit of persuasion would convince him to get up…
“Well, I had plans for us today
baby, and the first item on the list was supposed to be ice cream and breakfast
from IHOP but, if you really wanna stay here…” You trail off, waiting to see
his reaction. And it doesn’t disappoint. Jason whips his head up from the
pillow, mouth open slightly and eyes wide as saucers from what you think is
“We can get ice cream before
breakfast?” He asks, still in shock. “Well, I was thinking ice cream during
breakfast. You know, like we order pancakes and ice at the same time, and then
we take turns eating both?” You answer, smiling at the man who had basically
just turned into a child in front of you. Your play to get him to do anything
was ice cream, Jason really, really, loves ice cream.
“Okay let’s go, let’s go, hurry up
and let’s go!” Jason exclaims, jumping up from the bed and rushing to grab some
clothes from the closet you two shared. His reaction made you go into a
laughing fit, because here was this 6’4, extremely well-built man, who also
happen to be the Red Hood, and he was jumping about the house at the promise of
ice cream. He was really just a living, breathing contradiction and you loved
“Oh Jesus, this is the best idea you’ve had in a long
time.” Jason moans through a mouthful of strawberry ice cream and blueberry
pancakes. You giggle, watching as he puts a scoop of the ice cream into a slice
of the pancake, making a sandwich of sorts, before he stabs the thing with his
fork and eats it. You had opted for a less complicated way of combining the two
foods that Jason had labeled as “God’s gift to this wretched world”. Your
method was taking a bite of the pancake, then shoveling a spoonful of ice cream
in your mouth.
“Thanks, I figured you’d enjoy it. Oh and if you want
a small tip on how to make the pancakes even more, how should I put this, ice
creamy? Well, if you’d like them more ice creamy spread a small piece across
the pancake, sort of how you would with butter.” You suggest, as you steal a
spoonful of his strawberry ice cream. You had gotten pumpkin spice ice cream as
an experiment, against Jason’s advice, and it didn’t end well, so here you were
stealing your lovely boyfriend’s strawberry ice cream.
“That’s genius, I’m gonna try it.”
Jason mutters, concentrating now on spreading the ice cream along the pancake.
He was so cute, actually he was downright adorable (a/n someone please get this
reference I had to add it), and you were absolutely loving that you got to see
him in this little puppy dog state, you knew it was a privilege no one else
As breakfast came to a close, you ticked it off the
list that you had made on your phone. Up next was something you knew he’d love,
he always was a bit of an art nerd…
“Please tell me why the fuck I’m
blindfolded. I don’t exactly have pleasant memories of this.” Jason grumbles,
as you two drive down to New York City. Well he didn’t know where you were
going, hence the blindfold. Really, you didn’t want to have to blind him, but
he was too damn stubborn to just keep his eyes closed, so you did what you had
“You’re blindfolded because I have a
surprise for you, and I know you don’t have particularly great memories of
being blindfolded but you trust me right?” you pause, awaiting his response,
which you got with a nod, “Well, then you’ll know that I’m only doing this to
make your day off special, ok?” You finish, squeezing his hand a bit so that he
knew you were there.
About 30 minutes later you arrived
at your destination. “Okay Jay, hey that rhymed, okay anyways you can take off
the blindfold now.” You exclaim, excitement coursing through you. Jason rushes
to take off the blindfold, and when he finally gets it off and sees where you
are he replicates the mouth agape, wide saucer eyes, shock look from earlier.
Pride filled you, seeing that he was excited about what you guys were doing.
“You-you brought me to the
Metropolitan Museum of Art?” Jason stutters, eyes still wide. You nod in
confirmation, smiling widely as you look at your awestruck boyfriend. “Well, c’mon
Jay let’s go!” You yell, as you drag him out of the car.
skip cause the Metropolitan Museum of Art is huge and writing that out would
make this a book)
The sun had already set when you
guys exited the museum, that place was huge and there was so much art to see.
You and Jay had gotten into debates and deep conversations over the meaning of
some of the works, and all in all it was a really amazing experience. However,
the talks had taken a, ahem…strange turn.
“Listen, babe I’m just saying I
would cut off my ear for you too!” Jason exasperates, as you both get in the
car. “Okay, but Jason Van Gogh literally sent the ear to his lover as a gift.
How the hell does that work?” You respond, equally as exasperated. “Yeah well,
I can’t explain that but let’s focus on the fact that he went through that pain
for her! That’s the sign of true love.” He concludes, trying to persuade you to
agree. “Fine, but Jay, please don’t cut off your ear and send it to me.” You
jokingly plead, starting up the car to head back to Gotham and enjoy the rest
of Jason’s time off relaxing.
“I’m not making any promises.” Jason
mutters, causing you both to laugh a bit as you continue to discuss famous
works of art for the entire drive home.
I don’t know what we’re doing anymore
We’re just reblogging Colin Ferrell guys.its okay.
2017 is going to be filled with a cute awkward Irishman doing strange things in interviews. We’re going to be alright
Yesterday was my birthday, now I’m old, but I still feel so young, maybe because I never thought about the possibility of reaching anything past my 19th birthday… well… no success with that, I’m 12 years past my date of expiry ^^# It’s been a nice day yesterday and I intend to create more nice days in my life. For this year of my life I want to finally move to another city, I want to have some real life friends, draw more, read more, play more video games and have the look I desired for years now. And maybe, I will find a job I love, learn another language and find a male in my life who would be worth sharing feelings with.
Now, I will fall down on my couch, have a drink and watch some episodes of Lucifer :)