There are 365 days in a year
And you and I both know from many unfortunate personal experiences,
That not all of those days will be good.
For some, the majority of those days will be a breeze
For others, each day will be a trial.
The world is a difficult place.
The world is an interesting place.
I am here to give you a few reminders
To keep up with this trying world we live in.
1. Follow your own heart and dreams. Don’t ever let anyone else tell you what you can or can’t do.
2. If you want something enough, you will find a way to make it happen.
3. You will meet people who hate you, and you will meet people who love you, and you will meet people who you think love you. Don’t be fooled. Some people are just passing by in your story called life. They’re there to teach you something, so always be aware.
4. Always remember that bad things and situations you don’t like will end. It may take minutes, hours, days, or years, but never forget that they will end eventually. You can get through anything.
5. You are your own person, not anyone else’s. Don’t let people take control of you and change your beautiful self.
6. The people in your life who make you giggle and smile in the darkest of times are ones you need to keep with you forever. There is always the potential for hard times, and you’ll need someone to cheer you on.
7. You do not have to live up to any standards or expectations. Family and peers and society are constantly telling us that we have to be a certain way, or else we aren’t good enough. Tune out of that thinking and just be yourself. That’s the best thing you can be.
8. Don’t be afraid to step outside of your comfort zone. Being out of the box can bring on so many amazing new opportunities you never even thought existed.
9. A lot is going to happen to you during your lifetime, so let yourself feel anything and everything. Always feel as much as you can. It makes you experience things at a higher level and you can say, “Yes I know this feeling. I’ve been here before.”
10. A good cry cleanses the heart and mind and soul.
11. Appreciate the small things. They can teach you to love and be at peace with everything around you.
12. It’s okay to take a break from everyday duties once in a while.
13. Travel whenever possible, it opens the mind. Go on adventures in new places and learn about the world. You will come back a new person.
14. Get up the courage to talk to strangers. That’s how you meet people. Who knows, the next person you meet could end up being your new best friend.
15. Stand in the rain and breathe in the wide open air and absorb everything you can about the earth.
16. Long walks are something that can clear the mind and resolve many issues.
17. It’s okay to lay in bed with a book all day.
18. Look out the window and watch the snow silently fall. It’s one of the most peaceful and relaxing things you can do.
19. Remember that everyone is living their very own life with their own problems, so always be kind and respect others.
20. Keep and open mind and listen to people’s thoughts. You might discover more than you think.
21. You are not defined by your weight or skin color or career or the number of friends you have or your grades in school or your decisions. You are so much more than that.
22. Everyone makes mistakes in life, so don’t judge a person based on their decisions.
23. Keep your own limits and morals. Don’t give them up for anyone.
24. Live a little. Be spontaneous and experience all that you possibly can.
25. Aim to live a life that you will be proud of and content with when you’re 90 years old.
26. Things in life will tear you down, but time heals everything.
27. Rumors don’t help anyone. Don’t start or spread them.
28. Your soulmate is out there in the world searching for you too. Don’t lose hope. You’ll find each other one day.
29. Treat yourself once in a while.
30. Random acts of kindness can make someone’s day and it can make you feel good too.
31. You’re going to have to work if you want to live a truly happy life. Don’t cheat or make someone else do the work for you. That will only make an unfulfilled and empty life for you in the end.
32. Be proud of everything you do.
33. Self love never hurt anyone.
34. Find things to look forward to. It will keep you excited and more hopeful for the bright future.
35. Leave a piece of you in every place you go and with every person you meet.
36. Always listen to people. Everyone just wants to be heard and understood and feel like they matter to someone.
37. Do what is best for you in the long run, even if it hurts at first.
38. Love with all your heart and soul at every opportunity.
39. Never settle for less. You deserve the best and whatever makes you truly happy.
40. Don’t feel bad if someone doesn’t like you. It’s their loss because they won’t get to experience your magnificent presence.
41. Never fear love. Love can make you grow and blossom and teach you so much. Don’t fear it, but proceed with caution. Broken hearts will heal with time, but they are never fun.
42. Dancing silly to your favorite songs will guarantee some giggles and smiles.
43. Always sing in the shower, and when you’re home alone, sing as loud as you can.
44. Put effort into everything you do. It makes it all worthwhile and you feel better about it in the end. You can reflect and say “Look at this. I’m proud.”
45. Exercise makes you feel good and you’ll feel accomplished too. Try it sometime.
46. You are beautiful exactly how you are. Don’t deny yourself of your own loveliness.
47. You may not be perfect, because no one is, but you’re hella radiant, which is near perfection.
48. To grow as a person and expand your mind and soul, learn at least one new thing everyday.
49. Don’t beat yourself up about things you have no control over.
50. Happiness is not a goal or a point on a map. It is a state of being that everyone deserves.
Now my friend, I hope you can carry these things with you in your heart
Because every time you are down
You can always get back up.
Every time you are afraid
The fear won’t last forever.
This world and the people in it may knock you down
But you need to keep getting back up.
You have to.
Live, live, live.
Live your dream life. Make things happen.
It will be hard and it may seem hopeless and pointless sometimes,
But just remember that things really do get better.
The world is a difficult place.
The world is a beautiful place.
But only if you believe it to be.
I JUST WANT GOD TO TALK TO ME. I JUST WANT GOD TO TALK TO ME. I JUST WANT GOD TO TALK TO ME. I JUST WANT GOD. I JUST WANT.
There is a swallowing
Coming from the garden.
I don’t know where my brother is
But I think he went there.
I think he heard it too.
In my dreams I went there,
To the garden,
To the swallowing.
My mother sinks her teeth
Into a purpled plum
And her mouth comes away RED.
She bites into it anyway.
And suddenly I am all hands
A prayer dropped in my lap
Like a baby
Or a disappointment.
I am both.
I DID NOT MEAN IT. I DID NOT MEAN IT. I DID NOT MEAN TO. OH, GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE?
He is not an angel.
They loved him holy.
They loved him divine.
They loved me earthly
Like the dirt they told me to work
But I did not mind.
There is peace in the fields.
I was made for it.
My feet are sproutlings,
Hands like sage.
The day before it happens
You call me a lamb
While your hands still glisten
From your SACRIFICE.
I wonder, did your slaughter
Feel this filthy?
They called him angel,
But I have known angels.
Baring Eden with flaming swords
And burning eyes.
They would have ripped
My heart out
Without a second thought.
WHY DIDN’T THEY LOVE ME? WHY DIDN’T THEY LOVE ME? WHY DIDN’T THEY LOVE ME? WHY WAS IT ALWAYS HIM?
Why am I the one to toil?
To live bloodless, to be clean,
And somehow you are the martyr now?
Oh the swallowing
My brother followed the sound
Like a fawnling.
This was my mistake.
WHERE IS MY PARADISE NOW?
I am always the villain.
But did anyone ever ask
If my brother had done me
Remember that I brought fruit for sacrifice.
He was the first to taste the slaughter.
In my dreams
He still licks
From the moon.
FATHER FORGIVE ME FOR EVER BELIEVING YOU COULD SAVE ME. I DON’T NEED TO HEAR YOUR VOICE. I HAVE MY OWN.
My fall began far before you marked me.
Am I not my father’s son?
Am I not tragedy in conception?
I WANT. I WANT. I WANT.
Freedom. Softer hands. A mouth that is not a mouth, but a river- an opening. Something holier than myself. Something holy. Shoes that fit my feet. Feet that do not wander, but dance. Fruit bright and unspoilt. A better dream. A garden garden garden. Eden, but filthier. The world, but more like me. A life- an afterthought. A heart that does not beat in the space that another should. A heartbeat that was ever mine to begin with.
AM I HOLY ENOUGH FOR YOU YET?
Listen, we both know my name was never
In your books to begin with.
This isn’t slander.
It’s the truth.
You have always had a favorite son.
How longs have I wandered,
I only ever found humanity
God is not kind.
So I take this
As a complement.
someone needs to talk to me about Thea Muldani and Kevin Day:
no one was surprised when Kevin showed up late to his own wedding
no one knows why they were surprised that Thea ended up just as late and just as sweaty
(it’s a matter of debate on whether it was because of Exy or sex)
(it was both)
Kevin and Thea constantly bring their dog with them onto court during practices and nobody bothers to stop them anymore
they get the dog to fetch balls that went to the other end of the court so they have more time to scrimmage
Exy efficiency + exercise for the dog
when Kevin originally refused to join Thea’s pro team because they were trying to cut a deal (I think this was mentioned in Nora’s extra content??), she high-fived him on his way out
Kevin absolutely adores Thea’s biceps which are basically a gift from the heavens
a trashy magazine listed Thea on a really sexist article (like “best breasts on the court or something like that) and Kevin held an angry press conference just to tell the world that his wife should’ve been voted for best arms, are you idiots all blind?
(Neil records the whole thing)
sometimes in the morning he’ll give them a little kiss also it’s really attractive when Thea beats him in arm wrestling
go back a bit to right after the Fox’s championship game with the Ravens: Kevin gets a phone call from Thea telling him to “tell Josten to get his ass onto your pathetic excuse of a court because I need to teach him how to do defense RIGHT”
because of that and their time on Court, Andrew and Neil actually become really fond of Thea??
Andrew likes watching her fuck people up during games (especially since she does a decent job of helping him defend the goal) and Neil likes bugging Kevin with her (and also because he has an Exy crush on her, this junkie istg)
when Kevin and Thea were still in the Nest and passing notes to each other, Kevin used to try to comfort her about the fact that her number had double digits
Thea already knew that it was 90% Riko’s fault, that Court wanted her so much they asked twice, but she appreciated the effort anyways
the first thing Kevin tried to do as soon as their daughter could walk was press a racquet into her tiny hands
Thea made an attempt to be a good mom and stopped him from pushing their obsession onto the girl, but brought them all gear-shopping when their daughter started showing actual interest
a lot of the media tried to pit them against Andrew and Neil in part because Andrew would constantly antagonize Kevin and Thea had a thing for trampling Neil whenever she was his mark
after retiring both of them worked as coaches for seperate teams and sometimes rival games ended up getting a little tense
their relationship lacks a lot of the softness that Dan/Matt or Nicky/Erik have, but they understand each other enough for it to work
also reminder about this gem from the extra content:
And then one day, when Kevin’s finally grown up a bit, he and Thea will befriend some people at the dog park who not only don’t play Exy but who cheer for all the wrong teams and that is when Kevin will finally be a functional and mature adult
wanna hear how shitty the juvi i went to was when I was a kid, and it wasn’t even a bad juvi. lmao okay so first things first, its strange fucking adults who watch you, a minor shower, pee, etc. pretty much every time you do it.
they blasted music all night, loud music, all night, so the workers wouldnt get “bored” your cell was single and had a light on at all hours of the day, so you have to try and sleep with a bright light on you all the time, if you don’t wake up up at 6am to eat they take away your bed padding and pillow from you until you wake up at the right time, so you have to sleep on concrete.
if you don’t do what they tell you to do [like wake up at 6am after having music and bright light blasted at you all night] they’ll take away your only solace: books. You’re locked in a cell by yourself for the majority of the time you’re there.
You didn’t have a roommate, so you were just alone, for the majority of the day with nothing to do. It was torture, I don’t care what you say, children don’t deserve this, and I shouldn’t have even been sent to juvi in the first place because it literally wasn’t even my doing that got me there I had to take the fall for someone else the first time, and so on.
They torture children in juvi, don’t fucking think they don’t, they absolutely do.