what is (in your opinion) the ideal silver characterization?
sonic 06 comes closest for me! i think a lot of fans cant agree on how to characterize him bc the writing in 06 is kinda inconsistent, and then in sonic rivals he gets written kind of differently…
but imo silver has these defining traits:
- very driven with strong morals (he puts it on himself to fix the future and he has a crisis about whether or not to kill sonic)
- naive/gullible/trusting (blaze states this herself several times, plus its pretty obvious based on how silver regards life and things in general. blaze is a good foil to this)
- a bit insecure and awkward (another thing blaze states, plus shown with how silver reacts to amy and how he interacts with sonic after he’s formed a truce with him. i remember silver stopping a ton of robots from attacking sonic and when sonic thanks him he goes “uh, yeah”)
- impatient/impulsive (given how quickly he goes along with mephiles, and his frustration about the state of crisis city)
- has a big appreciation for the beauty of the world and the people in it (i think this one is more subtle, but he makes a lot of comments about how the past looks, and i think its an important aspect of him)
theres other traits i imagine him with that might be more of a headcanon/projection sort of thing (like i imagine him being a hopeless romantic and a daydreamer gjsdjd) but i think these are the core things that id love to see emphasized!