6 movies i always watch
(tagged by @oykamu)
1. The Holiday. I know it’s a Christmas movie, but I’ve been known to watch it in July. My wife Kate Winslet is radiant, Jude Law is charming, this is the performance that made me like Jack Black, and even Cameron Diaz is tolerable.
2. The Birdcage. “Martha GRAHAM! Martha GRAHAM!” This might be the most feel good “feel-good” comedy ever created. So funny it’ll make you cry, but then you’ll actually cry because of its incredible heart and vulnerability. Also the movie that finally made me interested in Miami.
3. Waiting for Guffman. People are always surprised to hear this is my favorite of the Christopher Guest films, but it is. And if you don’t get it, then I just hate you, and I hate your ass face.
4. Raiders of the Lost Ark. I think I know this whole movie, word for word. I love it THAT much. Karen Allen’s freckles. Harrison Ford’s yelly-acting. John Rhys-Davies playing a character of color… wait.
5. The Dark Knight. I hate how much I love this movie but y’all…. it’s good. It’s just so good. #wheresrachel
6. Sense & Sensibility. The only Austen story I like, also starring my radiant wife as well as a veritable “that guy!” smorgasbord of English actors.