So, there’s this relatively new member of our team who’s a gossip fanatic, she’s always around chatting everyone up and then reporting the juicest news and hot details she’s given, which is a demeanour our main client is pretty bothered by, therefore she always makes sure to shut up and behave around them.
Two coworkers of mine, me, the Big Boss and our client were arranging and planning a few things, when she burst into the room, not noticing the BB and the Client, who were at that moment having coffe behind the door and she went “ooooh, you know what they say about Louis Tomlinson not actually being the father of his child? Looks like it’s true after all, even though it’s been ages!”
We didn’t have time to gesture to her, that my client appeared from behind the door all frowny and straight faced “yeah, the same ages it took you to dig this oh-so-shocking information up, with that quick, sharp rate of yours you’ll have to start working on the next campaign tomorrow morning if I want it out before 2036″.
I’ve reached a point where loneliness isn’t as sharp of a pain as it used to be. There were times when it hurt all over, times when I’d find that I didn’t know what to do with myself. And now I kinda just lie here in the numbness, feel my heart beat. I’m here. I’m alive. That counts for something.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Because I’ve been so excited about the recent Person of Interest season finale, I decided to revisit my older paintings of Reese and Finch - they are among, if not actually, my favorite portraits I’ve ever done, and deserved some touchup and refinement. This show has come so far and raises such interesting questions - it’s a privilege to paint these characters (and hopefully I’ll do more this year during the hiatus!)
2. It makes you a more empathetic person. Its really easy to look at people in the past and make a snap judgement about them, that they are so stupid, bad, sexist, uncultured. ect ect… But as historians we have to walk a mile in their shoes and not judge them by the standards we have today. For instance important idea that we take today like umm. universal individual rights or personally property or not having to work everyday for our physical survival hadn’t even been invented till pretty recently. History forces you to understand why people make certain decision and why they held certain views without judging them, a skill I am happy to carry into my day to day life.
4. You get to touch the old things. You stand around in museum. See some boring rocks and some ugly paintings but when you are a history major, all the sudden its “HOLY S#&%* THESE WEIRD LITTLE BONES CHUNKS WAS TOUCHED MOTHERF@#$*$@# SHANG DYNASTY EMPEROR!!!” All the sudden the world is a magically place where everything even mundane, ugly, old things become special and amazing because there is history there!
5. You become very ok with change. History is the study of change over time and over all history has made me a much more chill person. Its like you see that bad stuff happens and life moves on and its ok. Empires fall, major world views shift, rulers come and go but everything turns out ok in the end and life goes on. Nothing is the end of the world.
Could I request some Jason angst? Pretty please? Or rather, angsty please?
Why not? You caught me in the right mood
Jason doesn’t laugh out loud anymore. Laughter has bad associations, so he sort of smiles behind his hand instead. It’s an unconscious thing, and he hasn’t noticed the change. (Have Alfred and Bruce noticed? You betcha. Jason used to laugh a lot when he was little, and the difference is upsetting.)
Similar: Jason used to watch a lot of old TV reruns with Alfred, but now the laugh tracks make him edgy, and he can’t sit through more than a few minutes.
During the years where Jason was dead, Bruce ritualized a lot of the stuff he and Jason used to do together, and even though Jason’s back now, he’s still keeping up the schedule. That means that Jason can’t do stuff like go to his favorite restaurant on his birthday without running into Bruce. He doesn’t want to run into Bruce. He doesn’t go to his favorite restaurants anymore.
Canonically speaking, when Bruce adopted Tim, it was all over the newspapers. That was a year after Under the Red Hood, so Jason must have seen it, and I’m guessing that wasn’t fun for him.
It’s one thing to lose the role of Robin, but it’s also important to remember that Bruce was Jason’s dad, in the eyes of the law and the family. If it was hard to hear that Tim replaced him as Robin, I imagine that Tim becoming Bruce’s son was full-on soul crushing :)
We can all agree that Naruto has had some pretty emotional moments but I think the one that hit me hardest was this tiny pained inhale he does when Sasuke comes at him after beating his face into mashed potato
My boy is so tired. At this point he has been fighting for more than 24 straight hours watching countless people die and saving the world while trying to keep the people he loves the most alive only to find that Sasuke has turned away from him once again in probably the biggest betrayal of all. For all intents and purposes, he literally fucking died a few hours ago when Kurama was forcibly ripped out of him and since then, he’s done the impossible and triumphed over an actual deity as well as said a final goodbye to his father and mentors. This should be his time to grieve, to rest, to make sure that his friends are ok and maybe start picking up some pieces after the war but instead he is forced into another pointless battle with the person he still considers his best friend in order to save everyone. Again.
On his birthday.
All this poor kid ever wanted was his friend back and yet here he is defending not only his own life, but also those of the Kage and the Bijuu and even Sasuke himself who has always been too stubborn to see it. Naruto is fucking exhausted. Beyond exhausted and to make it worse, he thought it was over and everything would be ok. He has no chakra left apart from the bare minimum needed to keep his heart pumping and this incredible boy is still giving everything he has to save Sasuke even though his body is screaming at him to drop to the ground and never get up. He is always so completely filled with determination and he exudes it from his whole body which is why this particular moment is so striking. We’ve never seem him look so defeated before.
And this barely perceptible moment of weakness is all he allows himself to feel and show before going right back to business.
In case you had any doubt and wanted to hear it from someone, Injustice 2 is fantastic? The dialogues? Fantastic! The story? Fantastic! The characterization? Fantastic! The facial expressions? Shocking, next level, unbelievable!
I’m still not sure I figured it out, but I think I’m comfortable enough with what I came up with, so here is the announcement. I have decided to come out as: 1) PANROMANTIC: that is the one thing I’m sure about. I definitely have the potential to fall in love with people of all and any gender identities. 2) DEMISEXUAL: still not sure I can always tell the difference between sexual attraction and romantic attraction, still not sure whether I ever want to have sex, but this is good for now. it feels right. 3) NON-BINARY: ooh boy. this is the one I’m still a bit scared of. I’ve been suppressing this part of my identity for a very long time, and I still need to learn how to accept myself. as for pronouns.. English is easy, I prefer gender neutral terms and they/them pronouns. Hebrew is trickier because it’s a very gendered language, so I’ve decided that I’m going to refer to myself as he/him every once in a while just to break that gendered box, but I don’t care if others continue to refer to me as she/her. Same with Russian, though I don’t use it that much so who cares. that’s it, just wanted ya’ll to know what’s going on with.. that. hopefully I can live in peace for a while now :)
(1)Remember me? The girl that gave to that guy a handjob? That lost her virginity to him and alao that the condom broke and i asked you for advice? Well im here. Crying.. not feeling well. I can feel something on my chest. We stayed together since then. We went on a vacation together with several friends. We slept together, took a shower together.. things that i never did with someone. He was kind cold with me, but he is like this to anybody so i didnt say anything. We have exams in 2 weeks..
(2) he said he wont be able to go out and talk that much with me. I saw that he changed while texting me.. i also told him that i dont force anybody to stay near me.. so if he doesnt feel anything anymore that he should tell me. But he said that everything its ok. One day … this girl followed me on instagram. We both are 18. This girl is 15. I saw that he follows her and that she likes my pics of me with him. I didnt think about anything because damn.. she is 15.
(3) i didnt followed her. But idk.. it just happend that i got on her instagram and there was a pic of her and my “ boyfriend” on his bed. He told me he cant go out…when i saw that unexpected pic i got a panic attack. I texted that girl. She told me that he is not my boyfriend anymore and that i should have realised before that he doesnt love me and that he has someone else. Hearing this from a 15 years girl made me so furious.
(4) i talked to him. I asked if there is something wrong. He said no. Then i told him that i talked to that girl and he said that is true. That he didnt know how to broke up with me because he cares and because i was a perfect gf. That he feels like shit that he did that. To tell you the truth.. i could imagine that he is not mad in love with me, That he may “ search ” for other girls. But to fck with them? No..Im so done with all this people. I can even concentrate rn for exams. Im disgusted.
I was thinking about you the other day and wondering if you
got the emergency contraceptives and if it worked and if you were doing
okay. I’m sorry to hear that things didn’t
work out with this guy and I’m REALLY sorry that it’s all falling apart when
you have exams coming up. It’s hard enough to
deal with heartbreak when you don’t have anything else going on, but mix it in
with other life stressors… well, it sucks extra hard. Unfortunately, there is no getting around the
pain. It’s like that saying, “The only
way out is through.” All you can do is
take your feelings head on, chalk this up to a learning experience, and remind
yourself that eventually you will come out the other side, a little battered,
but hopefully a lot wiser.
I had to go back and look at the original ask you sent in,
to remind myself of the details (click here to see the first ask and my
response). I noticed at the bottom, I
added a tag saying: #FYI this guy is not good boyfriend material. I feel like I should have emphasized that
more in my original response. I should
have said “THIS GUY IS TRASH! STAY AWAY! DANGER!” But I didn’t and I’m not sure
it would have made a difference. It’s so
easy to see what we want to see and convince ourselves that people are good and
that we must be misinterpreting things despite all signs pointing to the person
actually being bad. I have a lot of
examples from my personal life of times when there were a thousand signs
pointing to me to get out of a relationship or stay away from a guy, but I
convinced myself that he was really good, or he just made a mistake, or he didn’t
mean it that way, or it must be my fault… But the truth is that you should
never ignore the signs. People who dump
you for not putting out are not interested in you as a person but only as a
sexual tool to get themselves off.
People who take your hand and put it on their dick so you can give him a
handjob in public – especially when they don’t have a preexisting sexual
relationship with you – are not interested in what you want but only in how to
get you to do what THEY want you to do.
People who cheat on you are selfish, dishonorable, manipulative and are
looking for a way to get everything they want regardless of your feelings on the
matter. People who make sure they have
another girlfriend/boyfriend lined up before they are willing to move on from
their current relationship are weak and dishonorable and unwilling to do the
right thing if it might cause them any discomfort. People who try to make you break up with them
by becoming a crappy boyfriend/girlfriend rather than have the difficult
conversation that they just want out are assholes who would rather cause you weeks
or months of emotional distress than to have to say something that might make
you mad… even though you will inevitably end up in the same place but only with
wayyyyyy more pain first (that is such a trash move).
Maybe someday he’ll grow up and become a half way decent
person (or maybe he’ll stay trash forever). But at least you are now free to
find someone who is a good person now and not have to waste any more time on a garbage