I don’t think we like to acknowledge how difficult it is to deal with jealousy and impatience. It’s so hard to look around you and feel like things are working out for everyone else while you struggle to get footing. Whether it’s for a job, a romantic relationship, or for life in general, it’s hard to persevere when you feel like you’re going nowhere fast while everyone else seems to have things going well.
hi senpai! what are your recommendations for skk and fyoya fics? love your blog!
OKAY IT’S THAT TIME OF THE MONTH AGAIN RUBS HANDS HERE WE GO
I’ve already made 2 fic rec posts HERE and HERE but because I lurk like a loser here are some more recs:
- Anything and everything by Kuranoa. Hands down one of the best fyoya + skk combi writers in my book, really lovely humor but when she angsts it smashes you until you’re a pile of dust and you hate yourself but you keep reading. And my god her Chuuya is badassadorable.
- Anything by Memos. Not even gonna lie I cry over her nsfw at least 30 times a day then cry some more in the bathroom then cry some more before I go to bed because her fics are just that good.
- Anything by AnonLearnsToWrite. Their humour is grade S excellent I laugh everytime, it’s really so on point and their plots are so damn precious and I really love their characterizations of Dazai. But can they please update Three’s a crowd because I’m dying.
- Anything by writingfromtheshadows. Especially if you’re a fan of mafia boss Dazai and badass Chuuya. The ust can drive you nut at times but they do compensate with… several pieces of delicious nsfw and generally I just want more but pls stop killing me with the ust.
- At this point, deep sighs, sells soul to devil, anything by Kibasix. But everyone and their fifth removed cousins know I’m blatantly a Kibasix fangirl so what else is new really.
- All the skk fics by WhisperingWinds99because I’m kind of a loser and haven’t really read their sskk ones. BUT THEIR FICS ARE REALLY ADORABLE AND PRECIOUS AND IT SOOTHES MY SOUL EVERYTIME MY FLUFFY ANGEL AMONG ALL OF YOU ANGSTY DEVILS.
- I generally really love hitherelovely’s fics because mmmmmmm their Dazai is delicious and just KDSJFHAKJFHAKF FANS SELF but their themes might be a bit heavy for some of you so this is a rec but rec with caution please read tags carefully before proceeding.
- Noir. This fic is one of the rare instances where I have to say that the portrayal of Chuuya is perfect. It explores his relationships with other characters in such a good way that it makes everything in my soul hurt. And the realistic ending of it makes me cry all the way until this day. Please. For the love of God. Read it.
- Touch me. AKA THAT ONE TEACHER! DAZAI/MILITARY!CHUUYA THAT I FINALLY GOT HOLY SHIT INCOHERENT KEYBOARD SLAM. Very detailed setting, Chuuya is the cutest, Dazai is a little shit just like how I want him to be, and the smut… oooooh boooooooy. I’ve already recced her in my last posts and there’s a sequel in progress as well so tbh just check out her profile.
- A Spring Without You is Coming. Aka that one fic that made me curse three times in the span of 2 minutes 48 seconds because WOW WHO AUTHORIZED THAT HOW DARE YOU WHAT THE FUCK. No seriously what the fuck. What. Who hurt you.
- Mommy Is Daddy’s Only! THIS ONE HAS BABY SKK AND IT’S REALLY CUTE AND IT ALSO HAS FYOYA AND TACHUU IN IT SO HELL YEAH. Or you can just read it solely for Akutagawa throwing his milk bottle in Fyodor’s face.
- 1893. Oh my god. Dazai’s POV in this. I’m just. I have no words. Actually I have one word. Gorgeous. Absolutely stunning. Wow that’s 3 words but okay it’s so good it would deserve 3 thousand words but I’m just mostly speechless.
- Eight time’s the charm. Ever feel like being cockblocked? Then cockblocked some more? Then cry because you got so cockblocked you don’t know what to do? This is just the right fic for you. Just. Trust me. Go for it.
- The Courtesan. Let’s see. You have Fyoya and SKK. You have courtesan Chuuya (whisper through gritted teeth yes holy shit). You have your one and only Moulin Rouge AU. And the writing is gorgeous. Need I say more chop chop get on it but BRACE YOURSELF FOR THE FRIGGIN PAIN BECAUSE MOULIN ROUGE.
A crown has
arrived in Los Santos. Not just a crown of course, a whole array of finery,
gold and jewels and an ornamental sceptre, even a smaller secondary crown, but
the true prize in the collection is clearly the extravagant domed affair, huge,
bejewelled and topped with a hefty gold cross. It’s for a show of sorts, a
traveling display of some ancient European royalty, and it couldn’t be a more
obvious trap if the Fake’s had received a personalized invitation.
Los Santos doesn’t
have a big arts scene, doesn’t have fancy museums or cultural influences; to
bring so much wealth to the city, the crime capital of the country, to roll it
right under the noses of the self-proclaimed royalty of organized crime and publically advertise its arrival is so
laughably on the nose it can only be the LSPD’s latest pathetic attempt at a
sting. An embarrassing police endeavour to draw the FAHC out, ludicrously
obvious and yet, despite all reason, it’s working.
It might be
offensively over the top but there are, of course, two members of the FAHC who
live for offensively over the top, who can’t even focus on the obvious jaws of
the trap, knowing all too well that the bait is poisoned but unable to help
being hooked anyway. Geoff and Gavin, the big boss and his most ostentatious
little snake, both lost the second there were crowns on the table, both shiny
eyed and hopeless, full of longing as their hurricane of plans tips into the
Gavin keeps making
puppy-dog eyes at Geoff, begging and pleading and carefully explaining exactly
why he deserves to be the one who wears the big crown; everyone already knows Geoff’s the king, he doesn’t need
it, and anyway it just wouldn’t suit his look at all. Geoff is batting off
every argument, some with considerable difficulty but he’s determined to hold
out, heart set on keeping the absurd thing for himself. Half out of affection,
half out of desperately placating bribery Geoff’s instead promising Gavin the
slightly smaller, more classically spiked crown; the fine filigree diadem
obviously the lighter of the two, easier to wear and arguably more pretty,
still obscenely ornate and look how gold it is Gavvers come on.
Boss and conman
aside the rest of the crew aren’t quite so blinded by the frankly insulting
attempt at a trap. Except, well. Except that they kind of are, in their own
Jack and Lindsay
spent a whole morning tracking down sources, ensuring that while the display
was fake the actual items were authentic. And boy, the LSPD didn’t go halfway
in their bid for stupidest plan of all time – not only is everything
certifiably real, it’s worth an actual fortune. They aren’t kidding themselves
about fencing the crowns, it’s important to be aware of one’s weaknesses and
sometimes that means acknowledging that you work with egotistical children, but
there is still more than enough extra gubbins in the display to make such a wildly
ill-advised heist worth considering.
Ryan, Michael and
Jeremy aren’t particularly hung up on the money end; it’s always nice, sure,
but honestly the FAHC hasn’t been strapped for cash in a long, long time. These
days the jobs they do tend to have some other purpose, amusement or revenge or
displays of power with monetary gain a secondary factor, definitely not
sufficient to barrel headfirst into a guaranteed trap. But then the trap is so clear
to see it’s pretty much a dare, a middle finger, the suggestion that the Fake’s
are too stupid to see what’s right in front of them. If there’s one thing the more
rough and tumble side of the crew have in common it’s their inability to stand
down from a challenge, their dislike of any insinuation that there’s anything
they cannot do, any prize outside their reach. Screw the gold, Michael, Jeremy
and Ryan are, as always, just out to ruin the LSPD’s day.
So they brainstorm,
they plan, they get into more than one argument about the authority bestowed by
fancy headwear and, in the end, after enduring numerous scornful complaints
from members the Support Crew regarding always doing things the hard way, they simply
call up one of Geoff’s rats on the force and have her unlock the door and look
the other way. It is perhaps the most anticlimactic ‘heist’ of the FAHC’s
entire existence – not that you’d know it from the way Geoff and Gavin swan
about in their crowns. Not that you’d know it unless you were there to witness,
actually, considering the hilariously inaccurate rumour that spreads like
wildfire, the tale of an epic showdown between the police and the Fakes, the
crowns simply the spoils of war in a greater battle that took out half a city
To be fair, that battle
definitely happened, it just had literally nothing to do with any heist.
Disappointed by the appalling lack of action Ryan took Michael and Jeremy for a
leisurely drive down to the police station, car full of everything from flares
to SMG’s to a full-blown rocket launcher, and the three of them had a little
party. By the time the rest of the crew shows up, somewhat overdressed but
still drawn as always towards the sound of senseless mayhem, the street is a
warzone, a building is on fire, and the LSPD have completely sworn off ever
again trying to entrap the FAHC.