- Scientists around the world were shocked when a mysterious “alien megastructure” star suddenly went dim on May 18.
- Astronomers have had their eye on the star — also known as Tabby’s star — since 2009, when it was first discovered by Tabetha Boyajian at Louisiana State University. It’s special because its bright lights dim and flicker in a random, unidentifiable pattern, which is really strange, as far as star behavior goes.
- “The weird thing about this star is the constant
brightness for so long, then the unpredictable, relatively short periods
of dimming,” Matt Muterspaugh, astronomer and professor at Tennessee
State University, said.
- “It’s been four years since scientists last noticed the star dim,” Muterspaugh said, and information about it only became available three months after the star had dimmed.
- “This is exciting because it’s the first time we’re seeing it happen in real-time,” he said. Read more (5/22/17)
Hi😘omg i loveyour blog so so much and i am so grateful that i found your bolg and your fics you can't even imagine. I was just reading every story in your mastelist and if you don't mind or when you have time can u make a fic where eleana is realy pregnant? Not where she lost another baby or where kaden bought clothes for orphan chids❤️❤️❤️pls and thank you