@caitthepiemaker and I have been talking about Bitty’s love for Thanksgiving and how y’all need to cool it with these ‘it’s practically Christmas’ posts because Y’ALL.
THANKSGIVING IS SO IMPORTANT.
- like I get there’s the whole commercialism thing and maybe in other regions it’s being phased out? But in the South that’s not part of your Thanksgiving really?
- it’s food and family and making recipes written down on index cards that get pulled out of the tin once a year
- it’s telling stories about Thanksgivings Past even though you tell the same story every year.
- “do you remember when the collard greens in the pressure cooker exploded and ended up on the ceiling?”
- “Don’t let cousin Jo touch the biscuits. You remember the Baking Soda Fisasco of ‘09”
- “Remember the time that woman promised to bring the turkey and turned it into a casserole– bless her heart– and you had to drive all the way to Athens to find a Walmart open and convince them to sell you just the turkey from their pre-cooked meals?”
- ((True stories from my fam))
- So when Bitty goes to college he has planned for this from the very beginning. Freshman year was an improvised turkey sandwich with cranberry sauce and fetta cheese, but after he moves into the Haus there’s nothing to hold him back.