Watch HOW TO GET YOU DREAM LIFE here.
Living the life you dream about at night before you go to sleep is probably the best thing you can achieve.
No matter if its sipping cocktails under the caribbean sun all day, owning a million dollar business or just making time for yourself every day - you deserve to live the life you want to live.
Whereas “making time for yourself every day” sounds a little more realistic to some than “owning a million dollar business”, every dream is worth pursuing. More accurate: You are worthy living your dream.
Before I will give you 5 Tips on How To Get What You Want, I’ll tell you why I consider myself in the position to give you some advice on that topic:
I finished school in april 2016 at the age of 19 and had my plan set: saving up for half a year and then travel Indonesia for 6 months with my boyfriend. Afterwards we wanted to move in and start studying. Pretty common plan, one gap year, working, traveling and back to real life (”uni”).
Well, plans changed slightly when me and my boyfriend broke up 3 months before the journey should’ve begun. During those times I struggled in terms of planing my future, everything seemed planned out pretty good - I wasn’t sure if that was most exciting future plan but at least it was safe, “the standard way to go”.
Anyways, now I needed to reorganise. My plans, myself, everything. Traveling Indonesia - and especially Bali - was always more my dream and I didn’t want to give that up, but traveling solo was a whole other thing. Was I capable of that, is that what I want, do I have enough time to prepare myself, what if something goes wrong, what if I get sick (the list goes on and on and oooon) - long story short I started my trip in april 2017 for 6 weeks.
It is September 2017 now, I’m sitting here writing this blogpost from North Bondi, Sydney. Its been about 4 months now since I moved to Australia. I have a really nice job, good friends, a gorgeous boyfriend, I live around 10 minutes walking distance away from the beach - I couldn’t ask for more.
How did that happen? How did I changed my life and my plans so radically that I’m living my dreamlife right now on the other side of the world? Here are my tips:
- Get clear on what your dream life looks like. Picture it as precise as possible, imagine very detail. See yourself living that life and imagine how it feels. Visualise and shape your dreams so you can start taking direct action towards them.
- Screw other peoples opinions about your dreams. Never ever let somebody talk you out of your dreams. Don’t ever listen to the words “thats too big for you” or “thats unrealistic”. Imagine someone who - in your eyes - has reached their goals. Would that person ever give a shit about what other people say about their dreams? No way.
- Take an action that brings you closer to your goals every day. Your dream is to be a photographer? Then your action might be to follow all inspiring photographers on instagram, the next day you might learn how to shoot in manual mode, then you might learn how to use photoshop. After that you inform yourself about the best cameras until one day your action is to get this camera etc. At the end of a month you will see: small changes make the biggest difference.
- Get out of your comfort zone. This is by far the most important thing and in the end it was the game changer for me. When I was in Bali I fell in love with traveling so much that it wasn’t an option to leave after 6 weeks. I decided to go to australia without any plan. I spent my last money on the flight and the visa and off I went. That didn’t sound like a safe plan, but I took the risk and it was the best decision I’ve ever made. In the end, there is ALWAYS a way. If I’ve learnt one thing from traveling, then it would be that in the end, everything works out. My fav quote: “In order to get something you’ve never had before, you need to do something you’ve never done before.” I assure you, your dreams are worth every risk.
- Believe in yourself. I believe that you are worthy and capable of getting everything, really EVERYTHING you want to have. You need to believe in that, too. Be absolutely positive about your plans and stop thinking about “if” you are going to get what you want and rather focus on “when” you are going to get it. Your dream life is out there waiting for you, all you need to do is go for it.
I hope that I’ve encouraged you to get up and get what you deserve, I wish you all the best and I know that it will work out for you as it did for me. You can watch that video (and 5 more tips) here. Sending lots of love, you’ll hear from me soon, xx