sat tips!! ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
hello!!!!! i recently took the sats on 21 jan and i compiled some tips about the respective papers so i decided to write ‘em up in a post. i hope these help!!!!
paper 1: reading
- read carefully. this section is something you can score in.
- while answering follow up evidence questions, make sure the quote actually supports the previous answer.
- the phrasing and vocab used in the questions themselves are important!! pay attention to them!!
- when finding stuff from the passages (esp. science based ones!), be careful. pinpoint exactly what the question is asking you, then choose the most accurate answer.
paper 2: writing + language
- make sure to read the previous and the next sentences for contextual clues.
- when doing grammar/vocab questions, put the answer back into the passage to see if it makes sense as a replacement.
paper 3: math (no calculator)
- this paper has to be done FAST, but don’t compromise accuracy. do it once, but do it well.
- simplify whenever possible.
- check. one correct answer is better than 3 hastily done questions that turn out to be wrong.
- don’t give up. work down to the last second.
paper 4: math (with calculator)
- no careless mistakes can be afforded here.
- c h e c k. you have a calculator, you have no excuse not to double check the hell out of every calculation you did.
good luck with your sats everyone! (╯˘ -˘ )╯