Hi tumblr. Here are some things I'd like to remind you about.
(Inspired by the ladies of tumblr are super hot post. Because it was full of truthful truthiness.)
If you are a member of a fandom, GREAT! That means you love a thing! Other people love things too! That is A-okay! That’s cool! You’re awesome, your blog is awesome! Let’s run over a list of things that are awesome:
- You. You and all of your fandoms are totally awesome.
- Your followers! They like your brand of awesome, and that’s really awesome!
- The people you follow. They post the super awesome stuff that makes your dashboard super awesome. If they start posting stuff that isn’t your type of awesome, it’s okay to unfollow them. It doesn’t make them any less awesome. And the same goes for you too! If someone wants to stop following you, maybe your style of awesome doesn’t appeal to them, and that is A-OKAY!
- Your fandoms. Yo. Yeah. Legit. Even if you don’t like ANY of the stuff that I’m into, that’s fine! My type of awesome isn’t your type of awesome, and that doesn’t make it any less great!
- Contributing to your fandoms! Making art, cosplay, music, writing, roleplaying,whatever it is, Even if YOU don’t think you’re that great at it, refer to bullet one!
Okay, we cool? Now let’s run over a list of things that AREN’T awesome.
- Hating on someone else’s fandoms.
- Hating on someone else for BEING in a fandom.
- Hating on someone else for NOT being in a fandom.
- Hating on someone’s contributions to their fandoms.
- Generalizing people in a fandom based upon your interactions with a few fans and being rude to them because of it.
- Hating on someone else who isn’t in your fandom.
- Hating on someone else because you think your fandom is “superior.”
- HEY GUESS WHAT, HOW ABOUT HATING ON PEOPLE IN GENERAL AND BEING RUDE TO THEM IS JUST NOT AWESOME AT ALL?
That is all. Thank you.