*cracks knuckles* okay, let me lay this out for ya
COMPREHENSIVE GUIDE TO WHY AKU IS ALMOST CERTAINLY GENDERLESS
- If y'all have seen The Birth of Evil then you know that Aku is a tiny fragment of an eldritch abomination that fell to Earth and was accidentally given a consciousness through a failed magic spell. fucking none of that has to do with humans or even organic life. that black thing at the beginning of Birth of Evil didn’t have a gender, so stop assuming Aku MUST be a dude just because he has a beard and a male voice actor.
- I’m assuming that you’re the same anon because you made the same mistake both times: unless someone has a habit of referring to themselves in the third person, which Aku does not, you will never use gendered pronouns to refer to yourself. You will use I/me/my, which remains the same no matter what gender you are. and that’s all Aku ever uses. as for calling himself a king, it’s quite possible that he just figured that’s what the supreme high rulers among humans are called and thus it would be appropriate to call himself that. there are also non-men throughout history who have called themselves kings for that very reason.
- yes, Aku knows what gender IS, but that doesn’t mean he has one or understands what it works. I know what the Theory of Relativity is, but don’t fuckin ask me to explain it to you. he’s a trickster and he’s not above using human weaknesses and shapeshifting against them, which includes turning into Ikra, showing him very comfortably transforming into a woman doesn’t exactly help your argument that he’s cis.
- consider the fact that in Aku’s Fairy Tales, he cast himself as Little Red Riding Hood, and later tried to cast Jack as Cinderella’s evil stepmother and stepsisters only to have one of the children point out to him that Jack is a man. almost like he wasn’t quite sure how that worked and the comedy came from his ignorance!!
- where the fuck do you get Aku being straight from, he has literally never shown even the slightest sexual attraction to anyone or anything??
in conclusion: Aku isn’t cis so git gud