WHAT IS YOUR FOOD BUDGET??? HOW DO YOU SPEND SO LITTLE?? TELL ME YOUR SECRETS!! please.
I will! On my food blog lmao!
I think my record for a week was $73. Like I said, it has taken me a shit ton of trial and error shopping and cooking to figure out how to spend wisely and stretch my meals. Feeding 3 people on one income is incredibly hard. It’s honestly one of the main reasons I started my Patreon. I love writing for this blog but there have been times I have thought of quitting just for monetary reasons and looking for work outside of the home.
Main tips I have found and can quickly give you are
- Process meat yourself. If a recipe says “boneless skinless” FUCK THAT. Take chicken thighs for example. This is the difference between $3 and $12 for the same amount of meat, you just have to work for it.
- Use recipes that are large enough that you have extra after you eat. Which brings me to my next point.
- Eat leftovers. Seriously. Pack them for your lunch. Don’t let them sit in the damn fridge and then a week later you throw it all away.
- Meal plan! I plan my entire weeks meals every Saturday night/Sunday morning. I go shopping on Sunday and get everything I need for the week. I also calculate on my phone as I am shopping so I can physically see what I am spending.
- IF YOU AREN’T ADDING UP EVERYTHING YOU ARE THROWING IN YOUR CART AND SEEING WHAT YOU’RE SPENDING, YOU’RE GUNNA HAVE A BAD TIME. DON’T THROW SHIT IN THERE WILLY NILLY. When you calculate and see ‘oh shit…..I’m already at $50?!?!….you’re going to second guess that bag of hot cheetos in your hand or the case of red bull, whatever it may be.
I’ll elaborate and have much more on the blog (: