tips on cleaning violin/viola? my viola looks kinda sticky on some places but it doesn't feel sticky and my violin has dark marks on the neck where ur hand goes from pen ink on ym hand. pls help with cleaning instuments
five steps to cleaning your instrument:
1. buy rosin remover. it comes in a little bottle and you can buy it at most music stores. if you don’t already have it, it will change your life
2. while you’re at the store, get some instrument polish.
3. if you don’t already have a cleaning cloth, get a cleaning cloth. in desperate times I’ve used towels and napkins to clean my instrument, and all they do is remind me how essential it is to have a cleaning cloth
4. apply to your instrument. thoroughly.
5. make cleaning your instrument a habit every time you get it out. having a sticky instrument is really gross and not recommended