A note for all of us who feel defeated after Sessions from the Indivisible Team: This is the long game. We are going to lose a lot. We are going to get good at losing. We are going to lose cabinet votes for terrible nominees. We are going to lose bills that are offensive and appalling. But while we are losing, something else is going to happen. We are going to keep raising our voices and slowly our representatives are going to start listening to us. We’ve seen it happen.
It won’t happen because of next week’s call to action. It’ll happen over months, where you keep showing up, regularly. Then, we are going to start winning. It’ll sneak up on us. We won’t understand why we are winning. But it starts with losing in a particular way- where we raise our voices and call it out when we aren’t listened to, where we get close but not quite there.
The first 100 days of a President’s term are the honeymoon period, the moment when he’s most likely to get his agenda enacted. Trump is spending his first 100 days mired in controversy, scandal, and backbiting - and that’s because you haven’t for a moment let anyone in Washington forget just how unpopular he is.
Every time we change the narrative, every time we delay, every time there’s a newspaper story about a member of Congress avoiding his or her constituents, that’s a win. And it matters.
You have already made history. You’ve delayed the confirmation of Trump’s cabinet picks longer than any time in recent history. You stopped the gutting on the congressional ethics office. You’ve made Republicans so nervous about the repeal of the Affordable Care Act that it’s been pushed further and further down the road. You caused an uproar of historic proportions over Trump’s Muslim ban and saved lives and reunited families in the process. You’ve inspired people who have never before taken action to make their voices heard and learn how to do things like check how their members of Congress voted and call them out for it.
We’ll never even know about some of the victories - because those will be the fights that this Administration considered starting and then realized it couldn’t win.
We’re in this together. Every visit. Every call. Every loss. Every win. That’s just what friends do. #StandIndivisible
umm AU where harry just went through a really bad breakup in which his douchey ex-fiance leaves him for a huge corporate job offer. which yeah good for him except he was a jerk about the breakup, left him via phone message, and didn’t look back. which sucks all on it’s own but now harry finds himself confused because he’s not nearly as sad as he thinks he should be about it, and frustrated because he has two non refundable tickets for a honeymoon cruise. enter childhood best friend louis, who he calls up the night before while packing and is all like, “ummmm so. how’s a free vacation sound?” and louis’s like “nothing’s free in life harold…. but….. i’m listening.” it honestly doesn’t even take anything to convince louis. most of his protest is just for show because harry can already hear him dragging his suitcase out of the closet. so.
so they arrive at the dock where they’re supposed to board the ship and louis’s like “um so why is everyone holding hands lol” and harry’s all “yeah…. so… funny story… ummmm i got dumped and this is my honeymoon cruise surprise :)” (louis is tempted to throw him overboard. they haven’t even gotten on the boat yet but the sentiment is still the same). but now that louis knows the whole story (which harry tells amidst deep frowns and lots of tears), he is determined to be the best fake™ husband ever. so he signs them up for all the couples activities because “go big or go home styles. or tomlinson. styles-tomlinson? who are we again?” and they end up doing better than most of the couples there when it comes down to How Well Do You Know Your Spouse trivia. it should be embarrassing really, because everyone around the ship already knows them as the dream team and it’s only been 4 days.
cue dramatic confessions, bed sharing that means nothing till it means something, an obscene amount of nautical references, and cameos by the rest of one direction lol
okay so i’ve been watching the get down constantly since it came out, but recently i rewatched p1, esp. in prep for the tgd watch on twitter (check it out here to help us out!!) and i have some thoughts on episode six and dizzee’s experience at the club.
- first of all, i keep forgetting that two minutes before dizzee arrives, there’s the scene where thor’s like “you should come down to soho”
- and it’s so wild to watch that exact scene because as much as we joke about it being love at first sight for the two of them, dizzee genuinely had a crush on this dude ( and i think he knew it too) but hadn’t … like, experienced his awakening yet?
- so how amazing would it have been for him to 1. have met his idol (you’re thor? wow!), 2. have his idol save him from the police, 3. be praised and admired for his artmaking and ideas, which definitely wasn’t common in his life prior to this ( i like rumi, he’s weird though / your brother’s a fucking weirdo ), and 4. that thor likes him enough to exchange books and hang out with him? then thor invites him to a party? like at this point dizzee’s crushing on what used to a very highly esteemed colleague, and is now close to being his best friend?? stop??
- he meets up with thor and “beautiful girl” ( i will never forgive them for not giving her a name!! ) but he sees!! thor!! make out with her right in front of him and you can see he’s like
- but then dizzee goes into the club! and immediately you can see him go “!!!” this isn’t insignificant for him! this is a HUGE DEAL for dizzee
- thor’s like “yeah this is where the free people run free!!” and dizzee can likely see!!! wlw !! couples!! and mlm!! couples!! kissing near him!!
- he can see drag queens and people like him wearing dresses and makeup and it’s like he’s walked into a dream because he’s had thoughts about what if i could kiss boys?? what if i could wear nail polish?? what if i could wear dresses??? and so straight off the bat he’s being validated 100% by these happy dancing people and the cool disco atmosphere i mean he must be feeling high as a kite
- AND THEN and then he gives thor!!!!!!!!!! the fuckingggggggg RECORD
- he’s like “here it reminded me of you!” and thor gives him this HUGE SMILE thats so grateful and like ADORING like can you imagine how dizzee is FEELING right now
- then THEN the beautiful girl goes “you should get carlo to play it!” and dizzee’s like “okay cool who’s that?” and yeah its the dj and then she’s like “ya thor REEALLY KNOWS HIM ya know ;))))” . dizzee’s fucking
😱😱😱 does that mean what i think it means?? like this boy???? might like boys too ????? the fuck //????? liking girls and boys at the same time?????
- so he hangs out with the girl while thor goes off and he talks about the performers and he takes in a WHOLE NEW GENRE of art and dance and being!!
- the girl initiates the kiss but he goes in for it anyway and gets tapped on the shoulder
- and thor’s there, and dizzee goes “oh fuck i just kissed his girlfriend now the guy i’m crushing on is gonna be pissed at me” right?
- dizzee goes “sorry” and thor goes “my turn”
- MY TURN
- SO NOW IN THE SPACE OF LESS THAN TWENTY MINUTES DIZZEE HAS REALISED THAT
IT’S OKAY TO LIKE BOYS AND IT’S OKAY TO LIKE BOYS AT THE SAME TIME AS GIRLS
THAT HE HAS A BIG CRUSH ON THIS BOY
THAT THE BOY LIKES HIM BACK AND MAYBE WANTS TO KISS HIM????
- and he’s unsure right? like christina aguilara’s song comes on and thor’s just dancing and dizzee’s like
…. is this real? did you just ask to kiss me a second ago?
- and the song keeps going and thor keeps dancing and bopping his shoulder good naturedly so dizzee’s like “no nah nah i’m not gonna do this what if i misread the signals”
- he didn’t
- the beautiful girl leans over and goes “IT’S OKAY, GO ON, KISS HIM!”
- IT’S OKAY!
- GO ON!
- KISS HIM!
HE’S SHY AND HESITANT BUT THOR JUST SMILES AT HIM AND KEEPS DANCING LIKE
- and dizzee at this point is just like “ ???????????????????????????? IM ALLOWED TO DO THAT IM ALLOWED TO DO THAT IM ALLOWED TO DO THAT”
- the beautiful girl takes this into her own hands and gives him a reassuring kiss, you know, one that’s familiar and comfortable and he closes his eyes and kisses back
- she pulls back and says TO. THOR. “HE’S A GOOD KISSER, I LIKE THAT A LOT.”
- A LOT
- AND THE MUSIC GETS CLIMACTIC AND THERE ARE ALL THESE QUEER RELATIONSHIPS GOING ON RIGHT BESIDE THEM PEOPLE ARE KISSING AND EMBRACING AND DANCING AND THAT WHOLE MONTAGE JUST REINFORCES THE FACT THAT THIS IS NORMAL!! THESE TWO BOYS!! JUST FEELING A LITTLE BIT IN LOVE WITH EACH OTHER!! ITS NOT OUT OF PLACE IT’S OKAY!!
- they’re both so shy and it’s so pure!! like clearly this whole time thor has had a crush on dizzee as well and they don’t want to mess up and the beautiful girl in the corner is just like “this is the sweetest thing ever”
- thor gives him
- to reassure him because this is a hugely overwhelming experience for dizzee lbr!!
- and you can tell that dizzee is entranced by this whole situation because never in his LIFE did he expect a boy he liked to like him back!! he never anticipated that he would get to live THIS FREE !!
and they get closer and closer together and in a second we see a dozen people lock lips simultaneously, then the two of them slowly part, we’re left to imagine the magic and the wonder of dizzee’s first kiss with a boy (which i ❤❤❤❤❤).
- MYLENE CRUZ HERSELF BEGINS SINGING AS THEY STAY TOGETHER JOINED AT THE FOREHEAD FOR A FEW SECONDS BEFORE SLOWLY PULL APART, A MANTRA OF ‘SET ME FREE’ FOLLOWING THE TWO OF THEM AS THEY MEET ONE ANOTHER’S EYES
- THOR IS GRINNING
- SO HARD
- dizzee has straight up just kissed the boy he’s crushing on well enough for thor to look at him like dizzee is the SUN AND SKY
- they dance together a bit and then the beautiful girl joins them and it’s probably the best romance story ever written. romeo and juliet who? i don’t know them.
- i’m sick of this show blasting me with emotions i’m a weak bitch i can’t handle it
I agree with a lot of the sentiment that last night was
WeirdTM as realistically imaginable. From start to finish, we got a rare peak behind the curtain in real time.
But I just want to say that I don’t think this is the end of whatever is going on behind the scenes. I think this was a power play, a strategically brilliant move to embarrass and fluster Simon on TV and in the press, while simultaneously speaking to fans. It was a coordinated effort by the boys and key players around them.
I still think we’ve got a March-July window to wind things down slowly. And that will include some uncomfortable pieces for us (and for them).
But last night, the message was heard loud and clear, by Simon and by us.