To those new to the spiritual community
Tumblr can be a dangerous place if you’re not careful. Here are some lessons I learned the hard way:
- If someone gives you a reading that just doesn’t resonate with you, it’s probably not accurate. Trust your gut.
- Think critically. Spirit work can be very exciting and enthralling, especially when you first start out, but remember that the people you’re speaking with are just people like you. People can be wrong in their readings and their opinions.
- If you’re struggling or unsure, get a second opinion. Get a third opinion. You can never have enough opinions.
- Do your own readings, while always maintaining a critical mindset. Always hold your own experiences over someone else’s word.
- Never hold one tumblr user/friend up as the ultimate authority on everything spiritual. That’s a very dangerous mindset
- I know I said this before, but trust your gut and intuition above all else.
If you think you’re being spiritually manipulated, please come to me for advice! I’ll be happy to help