just watched 1x06 there are so many interactions….so many touches…..shiro was the only one smiling when lance flirted with allura after he woke up…..shiro didn’t need to put his hand over lance’s mouth when he starts making the siren noise but he does….shiro doesn’t need to punch lance’s arm or make scoffing noises when he’s flirting with nyma…..even when hunk was all like “NO WAY I DON’T TRUST THEM” and shiro walked in front of lance he bumped his shoulder and that wasn’t necessary!!!! lance’s call for help was for all of them but shiro answered and was like “lance are you okay?” and i just…i’m fishing y'all but i don’t care they touch each other so much i love it
1. KakaSaku - I know, I know, I don’t write them as much as some other couples but that’s the pairing that got me into this mess in the first place, the rest have just been icing on the cake so to speak
2 KakaYama - Because these two dorks are absolutely perfect for each other two in a different way. I adore seeing their brokenness come together and heal each other.
3. Jiraya/Tsunade - Because dammit the angst in this ship is real. My story for them is already 12+ pages and it’s only getting started *sighs* I love all the potential could have been with these guys.
4. Kakashi/happiness - I’ll be honest, I can get behind just about every Kakashi ship so long as he’s happy. The original term as I saw it came from @blackkatmagic but he deserves to be happy. I multi-ship him so much (Iruka, Obito, Genma, the list could go on)
5. NaruSasu - Seeing unhappy Naruto at the end of the manga/anime is killer. If anyone deserves to be happy it’s him, and I honestly believe he is the only one pure enough to really redeem Sasuke. They’re so beautifully tragic together.
6. NejiTen - I fell accidentally into this ship but there is so much potential here
7. ShikaTema - They’re too adorable together though I haven’t written them nearly as much as I should.
8. MadaTobi - This is another I fell into purely by accident but their potential together is lovely
9. Genma/Sakura - Fight me on this one. I will row the driftwood by myself if I have to but they’re so lovely for each other with all that fire and passion and trouble. I’d love to see more people being dragged kicking and screaming into this one join me
10. Tenzo/Sakura - I low-key ship this and have a story coming for them as well, ahhhhh I need to get some of these stories finished.
jake and amy’s relationship is one of the best heterosexual relationships i’ve come across in a while because:
it’s an interracial relationship between an ashkenazi jewish man and a latina (specifically cuban) woman
it’s genuinely loving, healthy, and dorky
they support each other and they make each other better. their relationship adds to their happiness instead of taking away from it
they always communicate and resolve conflicts maturely
they retain their independence, personalities, goals, and ambitions while still sharing each other’s hobbies and ideas and enjoying each other’s favorite activities
they don’t let their relationship get in the way of their career, goals, or obligations
they have their own lives outside of their relationship and we actually get to see them navigate the lines between a professional and romantic relationship
unlike most het ships, amy’s autonomy and personality aren’t reduced to jake. she isn’t jake’s love interest - she’s a main character of her own and her relationship with jake is just one part of her storyline and character
unlike most het ships, jake doesn’t bemoan being in a committed relationship. he loves amy wholeheartedly and is willing to do anything for her, and his friends actually support him instead of mocking him for that
they were friends before anything else. which means that they actually have fun. there’s nothing toxic or unhealthy about their relationship because it isn’t mired in heteronormative, misogynistic stereotypes. that is, they have a realistic and authentic dynamic because it isn’t all about ~ooh passion and melancholy and angst~. they’re cute and fluffy and it’s always presented as a good thing
There is nothing by itself bad with stylizing female characters so they look bigger or are hairy, if anything I want more female characters who are big and hairy.
The ISSUE is when women of colour are portrayed as borderline animalistic big creatures and white girls are more human and allowed to be petite and pretty.
You can do diversity without dehumanizing WoC and butchness or implying femeninity can only be white.
Maybe part of the reason celebrities don’t like it when fans ship them with people that aren’t cannon or in gay ships is because that’s not how they’re trying to portray a character. Absolutely still write fanfiction and Fan art and stuff because that’s YOUR artistic interpretation of the characters. But asking the actors about it and being adamant that a relationship is real when it’s not is like telling a painter that their portrait of an apple actually looks like a banana. It’s just kind of rude and upsetting.