Mystrade (or something)
(Hereafter follow merely ponderings of an utterly unromantic brain. Feel free to skip!)
I was looking up the very few scenes in which they are together AND those in which one of them is mentioned to the other. Did I miss any?
Now, don’t get me wrong. I’m not a Mystrade shipper and I bless all of you who are. I really think the idea is cute - mostly because I would ship Mycroft with anyone as long as he’s happy - and I wouldn’t mind Mystrade in any way.
But for some reason the ship never worked for me. And looking up these scenes was my genuine attempt to make it work. Yet here I am.
The idea of Mycroft having a love interest, besides from his brotherly love towards Sherlock and Eurus, somehow does not settle with my brain. For one reason it would seem rather OOC for him in my opinion. But much more importantly when it comes to Mystrade they just have sooo few screen time together.
I mean up there are 5 packs of scenes.
- The Hounds of Baskerville (we just learn, that Lestrade was sent by Mycroft and the way in which Lestrade explains this does not seem to me, like it had been an agreement between friends)
- His Last Vow (discussing where Sherlock could hide and Mycroft dismissing Lestrade in a rather unfriendly manner)
- The Abominable Bride (and these are Mind Palace scenes of Sherlock’s imagination. They’re not real!)
- The Six Thatchers (they’re just in the same room together because they were asked to get there - I guess Mycroft by Sherlock and Lestrade by John)
And these two are from The Final Problem, when Sherlock asks Lestrade to take care of Mycroft. Lestrade’s answer might mean nothing else but that he - in doing his job - is gonna meet Mycroft after he was freed from Eurus’ cell and make sure that he’s gonna get home savely.
In those few scenes, we don’t even see them talk to each other!
You’re all crazy. Lovely but crazy!
I don’t even know why, but (or maybe because)
- even though I am not a Mystrade shipper and
- am as romantic as an anvil
the realization that this is really not only not settling with my brain but also counteracting any logic or interpretation that I am capable of makes me rather sad now :(
Now I really wish that Mycroft would find himself a