Hello! It's the apex predator!Lothalian au anon again. What if when Ezra first met the Ghost crew he was trying to hide what he was? Like using eye contact to hide slit pupils/reflective eyes, dirt or make-up to cover up skin markings, and not opening his mouth fully. How do you think they found out? Thanks for making headcanons for this ridiculous au.
Well, would the majority of Lothalians not be this species? If so, would the Empire be oppressing and replacing them with human colonists? That would give Ezra reason to try and be human-passing….
I don’t know where he’d get contact lenses on the street, and I was assuming his eyes weren’t too different (because his eyes are lovely :P), but yes to the rest!
If he’s quiet, grubby and slower than he’d like to be; no one thinks he’s anything except some (filthy) human kid. He can lift credits from the people who don’t suspect he’s Lothalian, but those that do suspect sometimes try to break his fingers or jaw!
So he is what he is, and tries to hide it away.
Honestly, everyone on the Ghost crew worked it out quickly, each in their own way!
- Hera had done her research beforehand about the planet, and guessed Ezra was native straight away
- Sabine spotted Ezra’s markings even before he was made to shower properly, and worked out the meaning
- Kanan saw Ezra either couldn’t keep down or digest most vegetables
- Zeb smelt the difference, pretty much instantly
- No one told Chopper, who’s a bit bitter he wasn’t informed
Ezra being comfortable enough to actually tell them was still a big deal, though. It wasn’t just jedi training and a family structure (in this AU), but being able to be Lothalian without fear that truly let him begin to become his best self.