Mutants and Masterminds: Yes you can do the thing.
GURPS: Fill out these forms in triplicate.
Dungeons & Dragons 3rd Edition: Yes, but it’s really not worth it unless you are a Dream Elf with the Godblooded feat and at least five levels in the Thingomancer Prestige class from Complete Thing. Or you could just play a Wizard, they get The Thing as a 3rd level spell.
Call of Cthulu: You can do the thing, but you REALLY don’t want to.
FATE: That depends, can you bullshit the GM into believing that one of your vaguely-worded aspects supports you doing The thing?
7th Sea: Only if the thing is properly dramatic!
Shadowrun: Yes, but you’ll need a bathtub full of D6s.
Paranoia: The thing is treason.
Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition:
[I copied the above from this brilliant post, and I reblogged as text because I really felt the need to add the gif for 5e, and chat posts don’t allow gifs, dammit.]
mental illness is not a competition. it doesn’t matter if others have “worse” or more prominent symptoms than you. it’s different for everyone. you are valid, and you’re working to improve; that’s beautiful.
1. Keep a diary of your thoughts. Check this record daily, and look for patterns.
2. Notice what triggers these kinds of thoughts and patterns – other people, situations, or general moods and feelings.
3. Try and frame extreme thought patterns so they’re more reasonable and balanced.
4. Look for evidence that backs up and supports these new perspectives (That is, more reasonable and balance, and less extreme, thought patterns.)
5. Pay attention to the people you are listening to each day. Are they extremely critical, and do they put you down?
6. Check your overall wellbeing – such as amount of sleep, the kinds of foods you’re eating, and when and how much you are drinking.
I’m tired of being shoved to the bottom of people’s lists. I’m tired of not having anyone to trust and lean on. I’m tired of everyone expecting me to be there for them but not doing the same for me. I’m tired of not even being the second choice. I’m tired of being the last fucking resort. Just leave me alone.