November 27, 2009 [2012 in anime]:
- Kanzo Mogi’s alleged death and the fake 13-day
rule prompts Shuichi Aizawa to go to the SPK and assist Near. (manga only)
- Shuichi Aizawa calls Near and gives him
information. (anime only)
- Based on Shuichi Aizawa’s statements, Near
figures out that the Second L, whom he suspects to be Kira, is Light Yagami.
- Teru Mikami receives the Death Note and begins
his work as Kira.
- Matt is contacted by Mello and agrees to help
- Anthony Rester heads for Japan to investigate
Light Yagami’s background.
- Shuichi Aizawa and Kanzo Mogi return to the
Kira Task Force. (manga only)
- Kanzo Mogi stays permanently with Misa Amane.
- Mello and Matt begin following Shuichi Aizawa,
Kanzo Mogi, and Misa Amane.
- Teru Mikami makes the Shinigami Eyes trade
- Hitoshi Demegawa and his “Kira’s Kingdom”
executives are killed by the power of Teru Mikami’s Death Note.