Marvel stans need to learn some history. To act like Agent Carter is the blueprint of comic book TV shows, please remember these names: Julie Newmar, Eartha Kitt, Yvonne Craig, Lynda Carter….
These are the women who were in comic book shows. Eartha Kitt being Catwoman broke boundaries for being a BLACK Catwoman. Lynda Carter hid her Mexican heritage to be QUALIFIED to be Wonder Woman. Yvonne Craig was Batgirl in 1967.
You can’t go Agent Carter is groundbreaking when the ground has been BROKEN.
“The fan reaction to this show has been like massive, I mean, people are obsessed with it. I told you, like my entire office every Wednesday is like “Oh, it’s The Handmaid’s Tale day!” I mean, have you
started to noticed, you know, because you were on a show that had a very, very, very, rabid fan base and still does to this day in a lot of ways. Have you noticed like a wavering in the amount of people coming up to you now and being like “Serena Joy is the worst. I love you”? Just like that – it’s more Handmaid’s Tale now that people are getting into it?” [▶]
• Killing Yvonne off was not romantic.
• Impregnating Ali with Emily’s eggs is not romantic.
• Ezra who can’t decide between Aria and Nicole is not romantic.
• Aria who turns on all of her friends who stood by her for all these years to protect Ezra is not romantic. It’s betrayal.
• Ezra kissing/embracing Nicole ON LIVE TELEVISION is not romantic
• Toby cheating on Yvonne (the goodbye kiss between him and Spencer) was not romantic.
Edit: • The Haleb/Spaleb love triangle was not romantic!