Those of you who are feeling anxious about the finale spoilers and no mention of Beth - just repeat in your head these little mysteries that still don’t have closure:
1. Boots has yet to be revealed on the show. This is a big one. There is no way in hell they introduced this mysterious character (in a post-credits scene no less) and kept them anonymous for 2 episodes only to have it revealed in a talk show quiz that it was a tertiary character who did not have a big reveal at all. Nope.
2. Morgan’s emphatic line “Who’s the girl?” to Benjamin when he tells Morgan a girl helped him with the bullfighter painting. If you aren’t going to show her, why the fuck does it matter? Because it does…”It does matter.” Yeah I shamelessly sneaked that Beth quote in there. : )
3. Daryl’s ongoing wardrobe parallels. They are still doing the black/white shoe laces that call back to Beth’s converses in Grady. Now there is an empty patch over his left breast pocket (aka HEART IS MISSING). And of course…the recent knife thing, which even if it isn’t technically Beth’s knife it is a huge call back to it and perhaps a reminder that her actual knife is still hidden like its owner.
4. Daryl’s depressed character arc. I still think they must be tying his arc to Beth’s because he has not progressed in any way since her death. Casual viewers are really starting to dislike his character and the writers because of this. So why aren’t they sucking him up already instead of beating him down with deaths and torture? If someone dies, Daryl is 90% likely to be there/be involved. His light has to come from somewhere…soon.
5. That damn romance novel. The stock photo of the piggy back couple on the romance novel Carol was reading was a sneaky callback to Bethyl. Doesn’t matter if it was Carol that was reading it, Beth and Daryl did the piggy back and Daryl made the comment about the “damn romance novel” in connotation to Beth. Serious piggy back indeed…serious enough for TPTB to make call backs to events 3-4 seasons ago!
Regardless of what happens in the finale, this is not the end for TD. Plus, give yourselves a pat on the back, I have never encountered such an intelligent, creative, dedicated group of fans. At least our hobby involves critical thinking!
So… I apologize for my long absence. I’ve had some personal medical issues that have caused me to really fall away from drawing, but I’m going to try to come back and get more art out here.
Here’s more of my girl, Beth Greene! I’ve been reading a lot of Bethyl fan fiction, especially by @kitten1618x and between that and the newest season of The Walking Dead, I’ve just been wanting to get a good piece of Beth out.
So i made this edit for the Grady bunch today go check it out on my twitter which is @beth_warriors
when i posted this i then got this off the lovely Jarod
He played the cop called Officer Tanaka.
Soon after he replied to me, i then got the well known Erik Jenson (Dr Edwards) liking and retweeting my post too.
this isn’t TD, but i thought i’d just show you that the actors are STILL liking and retweeting and follow up on TWD. why? if the grady story is over? hmm. I also tagged in officer Shepherd actress and the other cop Officer Licari. I hope they will too see this :).
Everything Gets a Return... Daryl, Beth, Dwight & Sherry
After the finale with no Beth, I lost hope. I was thinking too much time has gone by for
it to happen.
However, this thought just came to me out of nowhere (and I
am paraphrasing the dialogue so bear with me.)
First, as we all know, Daryl blames himself for Beth’s death. He went along with Tyrese’s peaceful Grady hostage exchange plan and
ultimately lost Beth; but if he had gone with Rick’s plan to go into Grady with
guns blazing, then in turn no one would have been left to shoot Beth or harm
her in any way. She would have survived.
Daryl was still carrying that burden, and then he got entangled
in the Dwight & Sherry storyline.
The inverse parallels have been discussed between Dwight/Sherry and
Daryl/Beth at length. But now Sherry is gone and Beth still hasn’t shown
But I think this is where the payoff may be.
“Everything gets a return” came screaming at me because of something Dwight said last night. First, Daryl comes dangerously close to killing
Dwight. Tara is yelling for him to do it
repeatedly, egging him on so to speak. Then
Dwight tells Daryl, “You’re here because
of Sherry” as Sherry was the one who helped him escape from Negan. And because of that, I think Daryl’s
choice to in turn spare Dwight is going to be the “everything gets a return”
moment we have been looking for. Daryl
spared Dwight’s life, because Sherry was the one to free Daryl. Because Daryl spares
Dwight, Dwight is going to be there to save Beth in some way.
I can’t wait for the day they open an episode showing a “previously on the walking dead” and it shows the Beth’s “death” scene and all of Team Delusional will be flipping their shit on here and we’ll see tons of “THIS IS IT YOU GUYS!!!!” posts 😂💞