After everything that happened in Ragnarok, imagine Thor hearing about Steve and Tony’s fight and being like “Really?! Thats why you all stopped working together?! Just get over it! I did! I’m still friends with Loki and he’s betrayed me three times since breakfast! This petty mortal shit is nothing!”
Solar System: 10 Things to Know This Week...Halloween Edition!
This week, we’re getting into the Halloween spirit with 10 spooktacular things to let your imagination run wild.
It’s not Halloween without our favorite scary characters, but what if they could stop bothering us Earthlings and go far, far away? We begin with where Dracula, Frankenstein, and other creepy creatures might choose to live if the galaxy were theirs to claim…
1. The dark (k)night.
The prince of darkness himself, Dracula, can finally seek sweet respite from the Sun. We think he’d love to live on a rocky planet named YZ Ceti d that orbits so close to its red star that it’s tidally locked keeping one side of the planet in perpetual nighttime and the other side in perpetual daytime, with a brilliant red sky (though we can guess which side Dracula will prefer).
2. Where art thou, werewolves?
Home sweet home for our furry Full Moon friends might just be on Trappist-1, a planetary system with seven planets—and where standing on one planet would mean the other planets look like six moons (some as big as our Moon in the sky).
3. Left in the dust.
We couldn’t think of anyone better to live on Proxima b than The Mummy. Hopefully this ancient monster can finally rest in peace on an exoplanet that scientists theorize is a desert planet once home to ancient oceans.
4. Cloudy with a chance of Frankenstein.
One scientific experiment we’d like to conduct: whether Frankenstein would rather live on HAT-P-11b or Kepler-3b, theorized to have fierce thunderstorms and lightning.
5. The walking dead.
We’re pretty confident that if zombies were to pick a planet, they’d want one that shares their love of death and destruction. We think they’d feel right at home on one of the pulsar planets, which are scorched by radiation because they orbit a dead star.
6. Rest your weary bones.
Skeletons need look no further: Osiris, an exoplanet that’s so close to a star that it’s “losing its flesh” as the star destroys it, seems like a perfect match.
7. Enough of the scary stuff.
For kids out there, turn pumpkin decorating into an out-of-this-world activity with space-themed stencils, from Saturn to the Sun.
8. Spooky sounds.
Cassini’s radio emissions from Saturn could give creaky doors and howling winds a run for their money. Listen to the eerie audio recordings here and find more HERE.
9. Pumpkin-carve like a NASA engineer.
NASA engineers design and build robots that can fly millions of miles to study other planets for a living—so on Halloween, they can’t help but bring that creative thinking to the grand old tradition of pumpkin carving. Take a cue from their creations with these insider tips.
10. Detective for a day.
From blades of ice on Pluto to a fuzzy, white “bunny” photographed on Mars, become a solar system sleuth and see if you can solve the stellar mysteries in this slideshow (then compare with how scientists cracked the case).
This post is going to help you understand your love-life better. It’s going to help you to read your Venus placements! Nb! I’ve written your love interest as a male, but you can change it to whatever fits you.
Venus in the Signs:
Who you’ll fall for, how, and why, based on your Venus sign.
- You are more likely to fall for someone if their Sun or AC is your Venus Sign.
• Venus in Aries: You’ll fall for someone who is wild, passionate, competitive, reckless, and firery. The Jock or the Bad Boy. You’ll be struck by love the way trees get struck by lightening. You’ll love the way he’s always so passionate and out there. He’ll drag you out of bed in the middle of the night to do something. To go on an adventure.
• Venus in Taurus: You’ll fall for someone who is stable, protective, reliable, mature, and romantic. The classical gentleman or marriage-material. You’ll fall for him by feeling love slowly creeping up on you. Slow and steady. Like drinking a hot cup of tea or cocoa. It’ll warm you up from the inside. He’s the type of man who’ll wake you up with a plate of homecooked food.
• Venus in Gemini: You’ll fall for someone who is witty, quick, intelligent, easy to talk to and exciting. The popular guy everyone genuinly loves. You’ll fall for him like a breeze on a warm summer day. You see him as a breath of fresh air in a otherwise polluted enviorment. You’ll love his way of being liked by everyone, and the way he can convince anyone into anything.
• Venus in Cancer: You’ll fall for someone who is sweet, caring, protective, sensitive, fair, and loving. The kind, quiet guy who takes care of everyone. He is well liked and respected. Heals the wounded. You fall for him because he makes your heart go all soft and gooey. He probably makes your knees shiver and tremble too. You love him because when he’s at the top, he gives everyone a hand to come join him.
• Venus in Leo: You’ll fall for someone who is loyal, proud, cocky, elegant, loud, and popular. The popular guy. Or the preppy man. He is an elegant royal. You’ll love his fierceness and protectiveness. He’s a king and you’re his queen. He’s a lion and you’re hin lioness. When you fall for him, it won’t be subtle. He might see a strong and elegant woman in you, and you see a strong and elegant man in him. You fall in love in a playful, and challenging manner. Like two people dancing, slowly getting closer and closer.
• Venus in Virgo: You’ll fall for someone who is practical, intelligent, woke, smart, and clever. You’ll probably fall in love with him by him teaching you new things and helping you. He awakens some kind of inner fascination in you for him. You’ll love his way of spreading knowledge and trust. He is well-respected and he’s the one you go to when in trouble. He is the man of steel.
• Venus in Libra: You’ll fall for someone who is diplomatic, gentle, just, popular, and masculine. You’ll fall for him the way Disney princesses fall for their prince. He’s your Prince Charming. Your knight in shining armour. You’ll love how protective and fair he is. He’ll be the type of guy who brings you flowers and takes you out for dinner, but also calms you down, and helps you solve your problems.
• Venus in Scorpio: You’ll fall for someone who is passionate, mysterious, protective, unique, and powerful. The mysterious man, the bad boy. It will be love at first sight. He’s magnetic, you’ll be pulled towards him. You’ll love how he makes the entire world stop. Time stops. There’s just you two. Frozen in time, like two snow cystals in a snowstorm. His magnetic field to strong and powerful. And you’ll love his air of mystery and excitement.
• Venus in Sagittarius: You’ll fall for someone who is fun, loving, exciting, wise, adventurous, and mature. The foreign professor, the traveller. When you fall for him, it’ll feel like the sun rising over the meadow on a dewy summer morning. Warm, and enlightening. You’ll love the way his mind is like a library and his lust for travelling, learning, and exploring. His mind is like a map, always expanding. You grow together with him. Like the mist in the forest, spreading all over the landscape.
• Venus in Capricorn: You’ll fall for someone who is stable, mature, wise, logical, protective, mysterious, and classy. The man. Like a flower in the ground, blossoming, your love for him wil blossom into a beautiful flower on stable ground. He’ll be your rock. Standing with your back against a tree, the tree wraps around you and almost swallow you up. You’re safe and home. That’s what you feel for him. Deep in a dark, but safe and warm cave.
• Venus in Aquarius: You’ll fall for someone who is unique, original, intelligent, bizarre, spontaneous, and eccentric. The intellect. The rebellious leader. When you meet him you’ll be intrigued and impressed. He’s like a cult leader. You’ll fall in love with his mind and ability to lead an army of justice. You’ll feel powerful with him. And you’ll feel hope for the future, and what has yet to come.
• Venus in Pisces: You’ll fall for someone who is genuine, sweet, intuitive, caring, gentle, wise, and healing. You’ll be pulled in by the mysterious and unique persona, almost like crystal ball, it’s clear. When you fall in love it’s like a starry night. You feel like they open up your mind and awakens your 6th sense. You’ll feel nostalgic with them. Like two children, running through the forest on midsummer’s eve, dreaming of what can be.
Venus in the Houses:
• The 1st house: You’ll meet them while looking in the mirror. Oh, no, wait, that’s you! You’ll meet them while doing sports or something fun and exciting.
• The 2nd house: You’ll meet them while shopping. Or though connections. Somewhere related to money, but in a classy way.
• The 3rd house: You’ll meet them somewhere you go often. They might be a neighbour, co-worker, classmate, friend of a sibling, etc.
• The 4th house: You’ll meet them at your home. It might be a family friend, childhood friend, or someone from your past.
• The 5th house: You’ll meet them at the local theatre, the cinema, the club, art class, amusement park, anywhere related to art, creativity, hobbies or fun.
• The 6th house: You’ll meet them at work or at school. Maybe at the dentist or at the doctor’s office.
• The 7th house: You’ll meet them while doing charity. Or in some stereotypically romantic way. You might drop your purse, and he’ll swoop down to help you pick it up, and you’ll touch hands and fall in love.
• The 8th house: You’ll meet them at the morgue or the strip club. Or both. Jk, you’ll meet them at a fancy restaurant or party.
• The 9th house: You’ll meet them while travelling or at church. The library maybe.
• The 10th house: You’ll meet them at work. Or somewhere connected to work. Maybe at a job trip, someone from another office, a boss or a competitor.
• The 11th house: You’ll meet them through your friends. A friend of a friend. Or a friend. If you’re lucky, maybe even your crush!
• The 12th house: You’ll meet them while being out in the nature. Hiking, jogging, walking. Anything connected to the elements. A cabin in the woods, on boat, by the bonfire or the grill, or on a plane or bridge.
Venus in aspects to the Planets:
• Sun - Venus: You feel like your beauty and aesthetic is a part of your identity. People get easily pulled towards you. You’re a magnetic and beautiful person. Popular and easily liked. People look up to you, and admire you.
• Moon - Venus: You live for love. You feel love and beauty in every inch and limb or your body. You love decorating yourself and your home in order to feel good and beautiful.
• Mercury - Venus: You are quite the sweet-talker. You could talk anyone into anything. You love music and poetry. You love PDA and express your love through words and actions. Quite publicily.
• Mars - Venus: You are extremely passionate and blunt when it comes to love. Like an atomic bomb of hugs, kisses, and hearts, you are quite intense. Your love and passion never fades for what and who you love.
• Jupiter - Venus: You are the collector of beauty, art, and poetry. You have travelled the world and picked up everything beautiful that you love, and put it in your museum. Your mind is a beautiful and special place, and here you have managed to share it with others.
• Saturn - Venus: You are a stable and secure partner. When in relationships, you are the mom/dad, taking care of the other. You nurture and protect. Like a true lioness. Or the opposite: you like to have a partner protect you. Usually older, and mature.
• Uranus - Venus: You love to break norms and social rules. You’re usually involved in bizarre or unique relationships. You might have an original and new kind of eye for beauty. Other people feel both intrigued and frightened by you.
• Neptune - Venus: You tend to compare yourself to others a lot. You idolize people, and you want to be like them. People love your gentle and soft aura. You’re like a goddess swaying in the wind. Pale blue and pale pink silk.
• Pluto - Venus: You love taboos. You are one magnetic, passionate, obsessive person. Once you have set your eye on someone, they can’t escape, for better or for worse. You have a high sex appeal, and people are fascinated by you. When they meet you, they feel like someone threw a heavy stone on their stomach.