YA literature with cool, international settings:
- A Thousand Nights by E.K Johnston (set in an unspecified desert and it’s wicked!)
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins (mostly taking place in beautiful Paris)
- The Madman’s Daughter by Megan Shepherd (set in London and then for the majority of the book on a mysterious Island somewhere near Australia)
- His Dark Materials by Phillip Pullman (taking place in various awesomely imagined locations including the far north of Europe and Oxford in England)
- Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor (the first book in the series happens in Prague and Morocco. It’s as amazing as it sounds!)
Click the links to head to Goodreads and check them out!