DIY Project: Wax Paper Backdrop | Style Me Pretty
10+ yards of ribbon
size 10 crochet string
tapestry needle, scissors
1 ½ boxes of interfolded waxed deli sheets
1. Fold waxed paper sheet in half to form a square and cut out circle shape.
2. Cut circle in half and set aside. Cut crochet string to desired length and tie a slip knot on one end.
3. Fold half-circle into cone shape by turning the corners in towards each other so that they overlap. Secure cone shape by stitching in and out of where the paper overlaps.
4. Fill length of string with cones, leaving about a finger’s width of space between each cone.
5. Prepare the ribbon by trimming a clean angled end. To keep end from fraying and unraveling, lightly singe the ribbon’s edge. Thread the ribbon through the slip knot loops.
6. Synch down slip knots to hold cone strands in place. Leave about a finger’s width between each strand.
7. Trim away the tails of the slip knots.
8. Continue to repeat this process until length of ribbon is full.