MAC VAMPLIFY IN “ACTING ON IMPULSE” - TEAL LIPS ANYONE?
I’ve worn lotsa strange lip colors in my time but I admit I have not tried anything green-based. Until now. And it’s surprisingly… acceptable!
This is Acting on Impulse from MAC’s latest Vamplify lip lacquer range and I have to say I really like all the colors I swatched. I’m game to wear all of them and I really love the silky, cushiony, non-sticky formula. I know matte lips are in but it’s refreshing - and quite honestly a lot more comfy - to go with a glossy opaque lacquer once in awhile.
The only con for me is the fact that with some of the darker shades, you kinda have to wear a liner underneath if you don’t want the shades to look patchy or look sheer in spots. And to prevent smudging and bleeding in general anyway.
I wore a navy blue eyeliner (Estee Lauder Double Wear Eyeliner in Indigo) around the edges for my Acting On Impulse look and no liner with the shimmery purple She-Rebel. The applicators have a tendency to push color to the outer edges of the lip so you get a darker rim if you don’t have liner beneath.
Other than this, and the fact that these colors are not for the faint of heart, I really really like this range of shades. They (well, some of the softer or warmer colors) can be worn sheer but they’re really meant to be built up to full intensity.
Please read the notes at the beginning of the chapter, it might be triggering to some.
He doesn’t know how long they sit like that, the only sounds
are his own unsteady breaths and Jason’s feet tapping an unknown rhythm into
When he feels somewhat normal he raises his head looking
over to Jason, jolting when he catches Jason already watching him. His cheeks
are red from the winter air, it adds a strange intensity to his teal eyes.
“Uh hey,” Tim says lamely, breaking eye contact. His chest
still feels tight, but not in a painful way like before.
Primary Chakras: Throat, Third Eye Astrological sign: Aquarius Vibration: Number 5
Powerful energies sometimes come in tiny packages and Cavansite literally explodes with intense, vibrant energy. The teal to deep blue/green color comes at an important time in our growth, as it corresponds with the Thymus or second heart chakra. Many are discovering the joy of this special little friend, as it embraces humanity and oneness. We are all part and parcel of Universal love, the divine within each of us. Cavansite helps us to remember that we are all connected to something powerful and pure.
Cavansite is very helpful in raising our own energy vibration, which allows meditation, dreams, channeling work and healing to come easily and effortlessly. It opens our heart centers allowing information to flow through us without the chatter of the mind interfering. It is also a reminder that what comes from the heart is truth.
Cavansite helps us to speak from our heart with clarity. It would be very helpful to those who are involved in teaching, healing, and instruction. It also would be beneficial to those who have a hard time standing up in front of others as it generates a calm and confident demeanor. With a sparkle like the stars, Cavansite reminds us that we are stars in our own right–perfect and pure in the divine love of the Universe.
“Family” is another terribly intense sad!Teal'c episode, so I think I’ll skip to “Secrets”, in which iirc a nosey reporter gets snipered because the US government are kind of bastards. I’m intermittently rather astonished the Air Force were so into this show.
* Oh, it’s a year on Abydos since they left! So Daniel has to go back and report on his progress in (not) finding Sha’re. Daniel goes with Teal'c, while Jack and Sam head to Washington for the nosey-reporter storyline.
* Hey, it’s That Guy! Otherwise known as Erick Avari, otherwise known as Sha’re’s dad.
* Dude, wtf, Sha’re is home? I remembered the pregnancy storyline, the harcesis thing or whatever, but I didn’t remember she ever got back to Abydos during it.
* Yup, we’re getting the infodump – not the whole thing yet, but iirc, if the human hosts of two Goa'uld have a human baby, it will be born with all the ancestral knoeledge of the Goa'uld. But Sha’re’s Goa'uld, Amaunet, has to stay dormant while she’s pregnant or the kid will be stillborn. So Apophis has hidden Sha’re on Abydos.
* Sha’re knows things that happened while Amaunet was in charge, e.g. that Teal'c is on the Tau'ri’s side now.
* Jacob! I love Jacob. He’s smart. He also wants to get Sam transferred off of “deep-space radar telemetry” into NASA so she can actually go to space like he knows she wants, and she can’t tell him she’s already going to much more entertaining parts of space than NASA does. (This will be resolved in a few episodes.)
* Ah, here’s our nosey reporter!
* Teal'c persuades Daniel to try to get Sha’re to come back to Earth with them. She’s very uncertain, because she’s due in a few days, and then Amaunet will reawaken.
* Daniel, Teal'c, and Sha’re go to leave Abydos, but Amaunet takes control, triggering Sha’re into labor.
* Dude, rather than Apophis coming back to get Sha’re, Heru'ur has come trying to kidnap Amaunet.
* Teal'c and Daniel isn’t a team we see much, but it’s a good one.
* I have a vague memory that during filming of this episode, Sha’re’s actress was actually pregnant, and Michael Shanks was the kid’s father, so all the time they were acting this scene with Sha’re being in labor, between takes they’d be like “okay, baby, don’t come out, listen to mommy and daddy, don’t come out”.
* Whoops, and the reporter got ran over by a car, not snipered.
* Final reveal: Jacob has cancer. He wanted to see Sam again, help her get into NASA before he died. He tries to be a good dad, dammit.
* Teal'c! Teal'c dressed up as a Horus guard and shot Amaunet with a zat'nik'tel, framing Heru'ur for kidnapping the baby. They had to leave Amaunet/Sha’re for another time.
* Jack is still worrying about whether the reporter’s death was arranged. Dammit, Rick Anderson can say such a hell of a lot with just his eyes.
* Standoff with Heru'ur to close the episode. Jack throws a knife, gets him right through the hand – I had completely forgotten Jack had knife-throwing skills, if I ever knew.
* Great, now Apophis is showing up – it’s like Grand Central bloody Station in here. Sha’re’s actress is really visibly still pregnant, it’s sort of hilarious.
So heavy, in fact, that the moment she was finally able tosit she fell asleep in her chair; which was why the redhead was now attempting
to rouse her sleeping sister from her peaceful slumber.
“Elsa,” Anna crooned sweetly, a hand gently laid on Elsa’s
shoulder, giving the blonde the tiniest possible shake she could muster, “you
can’t sleep here…let’s get you to bed.”
turned her head away, screwing her eyes more tightly shut and scrunching her
brow disapprovingly at being awoken.
“Come on sleepyhead,” The redhead smiled, “up.” Sliding an
arm behind Elsa’s back, the ginger managed to coax the blonde onto her feet—albeit, wobbly
so—and, by some miracle, to move her from her desk to her bedroom down
inside the Queen’s chambers, Anna directed Elsa to her bed and helped her older
sister onto the bed, gingerly positioning her.
Anna asked goofily, with a wide smile.
“Mhmmn,” Elsa replied sleepily.
fluffed one of the pillows behind the blonde. “Thirsty? Or hungry? Do you want
chocolates? We should have chocolates. I’ll go get ch—”
Elsa said sternly, her eyes closed.
redhead’s mouth snapped shut into a tight line.
The Queen commanded, patting the space to her left.
you want to cuddle.” Anna deduced, moving around to the far side, and climbing
over to nestle up beside the now eight months and extremely pregnant ruler of
Arendelle. “Is this better?”
there was silence.
Anna then began fiddling with a loose thread, tugging it between her fingers
and twisting it.
opened one of her eyes, looking down at the ginger, and smiled.
you want to hug me you can,” She reassured, “I’m not made of glass. You’ll not
hurt me—or the baby.” Anna
opened her mouth to speak, and then quickly closed it, her teal eyes flicking
across the room to stare at a bookshelf. “Anna,” Elsa cajoled, “I keep telling
you that you don’t have to worry.”
snorted. “Sort of ironic that you’re the one reassuring me,” The statement
sounded vaguely morose.
pout,” Elsa commented, noting the subtle way her sister’s lower lip jutted out
as she kept her eyes trained on the oh so
not.” Anna quipped.
you’re being childish,” Elsa retorted while simultaneously raising her hand to
thread her fingers in Anna’s fiery locks, “it was just that one time—”
that’s one time too many, Elsa!” Anna whipped her head back, locking intense
teal with an ocean of impossible blue.
was an accident,” The Queen reasoned, her eyes softening and conveying her
well,” The Princess huffed, “accidents don’t bode well for this family.”
“Hmm,” The blonde began gently raking her
slender fingers through the redhead’s ginger strands, hoping to soothe, despite
the thoughts that suddenly flickered into her own mind.
sorry I’m clumsy.”
said it was an accident, Anna,” Elsa replied softly, “you’re excitable and
affectionate, and those are hardly major character flaws.”
they are when I’m neglecting to consider the ramifications of throwing myself
into a hug.” Anna acquiesced roughly, her voice low.
might not always think of the consequences of your actions, but no harm came
from it,” Elsa scratched her nails lightly against her sister’s scalp, “aside
from the fact you’ve barely touched me since then.”
been nearly a month without so much as a hug or kiss—aside from a few
chaste pecks on the cheek—had left the Queen near desperate for some
affectionate advance from the Princess. And despite full well knowing this,
Anna was still keeping a safe distance, much to the blonde’s chagrin.
scared,” Anna whispered.
know,” Elsa murmured, sliding her hand from the ginger’s hair to blindly grope
for her hand. Upon finding the redhead’s wrist, she clamped around it and,
despite Anna’s feeble protests, laid the hand atop her swollen belly. “but I
need you—we need you—so
please don’t keep us at arm’s length.”
fingers twitched visibly. “Elsa…” She trailed off, eyes flittering to somewhere
else in the room.
to me, Anna,” The blonde spoke sternly, “I know firsthand that being nearby isn’t
enough,” Anna’s eyes flicked to the floor, “that just being around isn’t
enough,” Anna’s eyes moved to the end of the bed, “that you need to be there…supportive
and affectionate. There’s comfort in simple things like hugs.”
Anna sniffled, pursing her lips, “I’m just trying to keep you safe.”
be strong for me, Anna,” Elsa pleaded, “I know you’re scared, but I’m not. I
need your hugs, and your kisses, and your presence…it makes me feel safe and
Anna draped her arm over Elsa’s stomach, still mindful of the pressure she
how uncertain the redhead seemed, the simple act of being embraced was enough
for the Queen.
gnawed at the inside of her cheek. “It doesn’t hurt, right?”
Elsa giggled, “it doesn’t. And the baby likes having you nearby.”
Princess’ eyes lit up. “They do?” She turned her head, eyes scanning Elsa’s
course,” Elsa smiled fondly, “you’re their mother, after all.”
suppose I am,” The redhead quirked a lopsided smile.
are,” The blonde insisted, “and soon this baby will be joining us.” Elsa laid
her hand over Anna’s forearm, giving it a gentle squeeze. “I’ll need you to be
strong for the both of us.”
can do that.” Anna nodded with her eyes now on Elsa’s stomach.