- The ability to understand someone speaking a foreign language could soon be as easy as wearing a new earpiece.
- Waverly Labs is behind an earpiece called the Pilot that is eerily similar in scope to Star Trek’s Universal Translator that allows individuals to translate languages in real-time.
- The smart earpiece works by canceling out ambient noise to concentrate on what is being said by a speaker
- And then funnels that data to a complementary app that screens it for translation and speech synthesis, according to its website.
- Pilot isn’t the first — and likely won’t be the last — piece
of tech made for the translation marketplace.
- However, where this device really shines is with its instantaneous translation possibilities that remove the sometimes awkward waiting game. Read more