A comprehensive list of Steve Harrington defending and protecting people in Season 2.
Scroll to avoid spoilers.
- Goes to those sad monthly diners with Bab’s parents
- Tries to keep the mood light and happy to help Nance
- He just wanted Nancy to stop drinking and get home safe
- Drives to Dustin’s house to deal with the monster dog.
- Walks into the basement because Dustin is scared.
- Dating, emotional and fashion advice all in one
- Heavy work to bunker up the bus
- Turns himself into bait for the monsters
- Stands in front of Max when a monster is climbing down into the bus
- Makes sure everyone gets into Hopper’s car before getting in
- Stands in front of the kids with his bat when the house is attacked
- Volunteers to babysit
- Just wants the kids to stay home and be safe
- Fights Billy (and does damn well until that little shit cheats)
- Gets his ass beaten protecting the kids from a bully
- Goes into the tunnels with them
- Leads said adventure to make sure they’re not attacked by anything
- Goes back for Dustin after the plan spits on him
- And for Mike when he gets stuck
- Shouts “get behind me” like a million times
- Blazes the vines while the kids stand at a safe distance
- Helps everyone out of the tunnel knowing damn well he’ll be last
- Hugs Dustin as the monsters run by (even lifts him off the ground)
- Pre Snow Ball Pep Talk!!!
TL;DR: steve put himself on the line of danger more times than I can count even though he’s not even directly linked to this simply because he was trying to keep a bunch of kids safe and could’ve easily died and my heart hurts