A guide inspired by YouTuber Kalyn Nicholson on getting your shit together (for the most part) in a just a day. It’s broken up into a few categories: cleaning, beauty, planning, and food.
I like to start off with cleaning because cleaning alone makes a dent in having your shit together more or less because everything is clean, tidy, and organised. So…
- Depending on where you live clean your room(s)/house. Go around and sweep/mop/vacuum the floor(s).
- Change your bedding- ideally, you should change it every week but I don’t have detergent to be throwing extra loads of laundry to I change my sheets once a month and wash my pillow cases every week.
- Speaking of laundry now is the perfect time to do a load or two is yours have an in-home washer and dryer. Also handwash any delicate clothes, squeeze out any water and hang it on the shower curtain rail on a hanger to dry.
- Organise your spaces (kitchen cabinets, desk, storage, fridge etc)
After cleaning it’s time to do some planning, so gather your pretty pens, planners, bullet journals, calendars, and whatever else you might own and get ready to go in hard.
- Calendar/Planner/Bujo- fill out whichever one (or all three) with any events coming up or events that passed but weren’t accounted for.
- Write down your to-do list for the upcoming week/month
- Review your goals and edit them in necessary maybe you might be able to skip over a step towards reaching your goal or maybe you have to add a few more.
- Manage your expenses. If I have any receipts sitting around I’ll go through them and add what I purchased to my expense tracker. Not only does it help me assess where my money is going, but when I need to buy something again I can go through my expense list and see how much I spent on it.
This one is fairly simple, and depending on your lifestyle you might not need to do most or any of the stuff listed here.
- Next, I’ll work on my dinner menu for the following month. It seems like a lot of work to come up with dinner every day of the month ahead of the time but you can always edit it and it makes grocery shopping WAY easier. Just pull up the recipe, write down the ingredients and you’re set.
- I also like to make a list of what I plan on taking to school for snacks/lunch and what I’m going to eat for breakfast for the upcoming week so I’ll make a list of what I’m feeling.
- Next, I’ll take inventory of canned goods, fruits, vegetables etc and then write my grocery list for that upcoming week.
Last but not least is beauty… think of it as a watered down version of a spa day. Once the above tasks are finished I try to catch up on whatever beauty stuff I was supposed to complete. This includes but isn’t limited to….
- Exfoliate my body, lips and face
- Whitening my teeth (I use one from the dollar store and it does a pretty good job)
- Give myself a mani/pedi
- Apply a face mask