1. Set aside a specific time to think about what is on your mind.
2. Find somewhere you can be quiet and alone, and write down what is bothering you.
3. Allow yourself 20 minutes to think about it – including identifying your feelings, trying to better understand the situation, and thinking through possible ways of dealing with things.
4. Decide to set the problem aside for now, and move on with your day.
5. Any time related thoughts enter your mind say “Stop!” and deliberately distract yourself.
6. Repeat Steps 1-3 at another set 20 minute period in the day. Do not allow yourself to ruminate inbetween these set periods of time.