1. Welcome to Rapture/Garry Schyman 2. Beyond The Sea/Bobby Darin 3. Bei Mir Bist Du Schon/The Andrews Sisters 4. Brother Can You Spare A Dime/Bing Crosby 5. God Bless The Child/Billie Holiday 6. Cohen’s Masterpiece/Garry Schyman 7. Nutcracker Suite: Waltz Of The Flowers/ Piotr Ilitch Tchaikovsky 8. If I Didn’t Care/The Inkspots 9. It’s Bad For Me/Rosemary Clooney 10. Papa Loves Mambo/Perry Como 11. The Best Things in Life/The Inkspots 12. Wrap Your Troubles In Dreams/Bing Crosby 13. The Party’s Over Now/Noël Coward
1. Pairbond/Garry Schyman 2. La Mer/Django Reinhardt & Stéphane Grappelli 3. The Boogie Man/Todd Rollins 4. 20th Century Blues/Noël Coward 5. Nightmare/Artie Shaw 6. (How Much Is) That Doggie In The Window/Patti Page 7. Daddy, Won’t You Please Come Home?/Annette Hanshaw 8. Chasing Shadows/Django Reinhardt, Stéphane Grappelli & Quintette Du Hot Club de France 9. Night And Day/Billie Holiday 10. Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition/Kay Kyser & His Orchestra 11. My Heart Belongs To Daddy/Eddy Duchin 12. Jitterbug Waltz/Fats Waller 13. The Skeleton In the Closet/Putney Dandridge
1. Welcome To Columbia/Garry Schyman 2. After You’ve Gone/Marion Harris 3. Solace/S. Joplin 4. Goodnight, Irene/Lead Belly 5. Lutece/Garry Schyman 6. Makin’ Whoopee/Eddie Cantor 7. Give Me That Old Time Religion/Jane Russell 8. It All Depends On You/Ruth Etting 9. Elizabeth/Garry Schyman 10. Girls Just Want to Have Fun-Cyndi Lauper (Bioshock Cover)/Jim Bonney 11. I’m Forever Blowing Bubbles/The Marry Macs 12. Tainted Love-Gloria Jones (Bioshock Cover)/Miche Braden 13. Will The Circle Be Unbroken (Short Version)/Troy Baker & Courtnee Draper
Bioshock Infinite-Burial at Sea (Ep. 1)
1. Wonderful!Wonderful!/Johnny Mathis 2. Polovtsian Dances/Alexander Borodin 3. Bucking Bronco Theme/Garry Schyman 4. It Had To Be You/Django Reinhardt 5. She’s Got You/Patsy Cline 6. Midnight, The Stars And You/Al Bowlly
Bioshock Infinite-Burial at Sea (Ep. 2)
1. You Belong To Me/Courtnee Draper 2. Don’t Sit Under The Apple Tree/Glenn Miller and His Orchestra 3. The Great Pretender/The Platters 4. Back in Baby’s Arms/Patsy Cline 5. Why Can’t I Have a Slice of That Pie/Jim Bonney, Joe Fielder, Marc Lacuesta, and Korby Lenker 6. La Vie En Rose/Édith Piaf
Basically, this book is a great introduction for new readers wanting to know more about Kate’s work before committing to a whole series, a delightful read for older fans wanting to reminisce, and a must-read for anyone who likes their women badass and their fantasy epic.
I really enjoyed The Very Best of Kate Elliott. It shows off Kate Elliott’s strengths and the themes she’s been writing about for the past twenty years. In my opinion though, this collection should come with a warning, because it is like a gateway drug. I knew I loved Elliott’s writing from the Crown of Stars series, but now I want to read ALL. OF. HER. BOOKS. I guess I have some catching up to do! Whether you are familiar with Elliott’s writing or not, this collection comes highly recommended, as it is a great introduction to her writing as well as a great retrospective.
The stories are top rated but what caught my attention were the non-fiction essays. Elliot does an excellent job of covering the role of women in fiction in addition to what it is like to write about fully realized females in a traditionally male dominated market.
And the cover by Julie Dillon is out of this world. She is an amazing artist who needs more recognition in the field.
I loved it. I loved every single story. I loved the characters. I loved the worlds. I loved how varied this collection is terms of the type of stories. It has fantasy, science fiction, elements of horror, romance, sex, torture, magic. I was completely enamored with it.
The essays examine the roles that the male gaze, female pain and suffering, racism, and world building play in fantasy literature. The gnomes thought these essays were fascinating and recommend the collection for that reason alone.
This book provides a good introduction to the author’s work for new readers, but there is enough brand new content to interest even diehard fans.