Cannot justice work in any way that punishes the accused? Is it not worse to punish the one that they care about? Is it not a more lasting lesson? And are not those that step in for those who have sinned, sinners themselves?
* what the hell are you babbling on about?
* justice does not involve bystanders and i’m insulted that you even suggested we’d do otherwise.
* you try to equate those who defend the guilty, as guilty themselves? despite, uh, their complete lack of direct involvement? did they lift the hand that holds the knife? did they direct the killing blow?
* do we not all have loved ones who would protect us no matter what they may do? if i were to punish them, i would perpetuate a cycle of revenge. do we need that?
* that is not justice. that is involving neutral parties that have little to nothing to do with the actions taken. and if you think i’m going to stoop so low as to do that? you sure don’t know me.
Hannibal quod agri est inter Cortonam urbem Trasumennumque1 lacum omni clade belli pervastat, quo magis iram hosti ad vindicandas sociorum iniurias acuat. et iam pervenerat ad loca nata insidiis, ubi maxime montes Cortonenses Trasumennus subit. Via tantum interest perangusta, velut ad id ipsum de industria relicto spatio; deinde paulo latior patescit campus; inde colles insurgunt. ibi castra in aperto locat, ubi ipse cum Afris modo Hispanisque consideret; Baliares ceteramque levem armaturam post montes circumducit; equites ad ipsas fauces saltus tumulis apte tegentibus locat, ut ubi intrassent Romani obiecto equitatu clausa omnia lacu ac montibus essent. Flaminius cum pridie solis occasu ad lacum pervenisset, inexplorato postero die vixdum satis certa luce angustiis superatis, postquam in patentiorem campum pandi agmen coepit, id tantum hostium quod ex adverso erat conspexit; ab tergo ac super caput non detectae insidiae. Poenus ubi, id quod petierat, clausum lacu ac montibus et circumfusum suis copiis habuit hostem, signum omnibus dat simul invadendi. qui ubi qua cuique proximum fuit decucurrerunt, eo magis Romanis subita atque improvisa res fuit, quod orta ex lacu nebula campo quam montibus densior sederat agminaque hostium ex pluribus collibus ipsa inter se satis conspecta eoque magis pariter decucurrerant. Romanus clamore prius undique orto quam satis cerneret, se circumventum esse sensit, et ante in frontem lateraque pugnari coeptum est quam satis instrueretur acies aut expediri arma stringique gladii possent.
Gentlemen. My friend completed a genocide run. If your goal is to judge everyone who does so, then... you're gonna have to go through me to get to her. I may not be strong, but I'm willing to die in her place if you must have some penace for her sins
* ugh, if i had 1 g every time i heard someone say they were going to step in for someone else…
* sorry. that’s not how justice works.
* we’ll just pin you with gravity and kill her. it’s not that hard.
O-oh God. I just killed my friend Doggo by accident I mean- I SWEAR didn't know he isn't allowed to eat my chocolate ice cream! To think that he was even excited to try it.. I didn't mean to turn my friend into dust. I just wanted him to taste what human chocolate ice cream is like! I- I am deserving of the guilty verdict right? I'm sorry Doggo-
* you provided him the means, but he ultimately did this to himself. this was not an act of violence, therefore you did not gain any LOVE. no matter what our executioner says.
* you’re fine. this is a tragedy. it wasn’t out of malicious intent.