-never sleep when I should
-cry too much about small things
-automatically take things personally
-say the worst puns
-never read or follow instructions
-always lose track of time
-am never sure of anything
-forget all practical information
-always get lost irl and in my thoughts
-never know anything for sure
-am super clumsy
-worry too much about tiny disagreements
-talk to myself, a lot
-sing songs about everything
-am an emotional rollercoaster
-make things awkward
INFPs did not invent sadness, nor do they cry all the time. INFPs are bodies of hope in spite of the sadness around them. I like to think that they invented hope and optimism, because despite the horrible things they know of ourselves, they believe the best about others.
Maybe INFPs are fragile for good reason. Don’t you think that a ripe apple tree in the middle of a rotten orchard would tend to be a little distraught sometimes? The world is an ugly place. Guess what? Despite all of this, the stereotyped cry-baby of the MBTI would go there to the end for people they’ve never met.
Why can't you remember one single thing we ask you to do? Like watering the plants, rearrange your room? Is it that hard?
*YES MUM, IT'S HARD BECAUSE I'M ALWAYS THINKING AND BEATING MYSELF UP FOR MY 57348 FLAWS AND TRYING TO FIX THEM BUT AT THE SAME TIME, ALL WHILE EXHAUSTING MYSELF TO ACCOMPLISH MY GOALS AND AT THE SAME TIME HAVE A FUCKING LIFE DESPITE MY LIFE ACTUALLY HAVING TONS OF EVENTS, MY MIND BEING JUST FUCKING ALLERGIC TO PLANS AND SCHEDULES JUST STRESSING ME THE FUCK OUT BY THE SOLE THOUGHT OF THEM, AND PEOPLE JUST DON'T REALISE HOW HARD AND DRAINING IT IS TO HAVE A BRAIN WHERE EVERY BIT OF TIREDNESS, LOW SELF-ESTEEM AND ANXIETY FLY UNSTOPPINGLY BETWEEN A WEB OF DREAMS, PROJECTS AND OVERWHELMING RESPONSIBILITIES TO RESPECT. IT'S SO FUCKING HARD TO THINK ABOUT WATERING THE PLANTS WHEN THERE'S SUCH A HURRICANE WITH A MILLION TABS OPEN RAGING IN YOUR MIND FUCKING ALL DAY.*
Pros: Able to understand/sympathize well with pretty much anyone’s experiences and feelings
Cons: Difficulty showing affection/emotion; because of strong awareness of personal feelings, emotions can be magnified 1000% and made super complicated but they’re really not and ugh
Pros: Able to see an individual or situation from all sides and angles, which pretty much guarantees a fresh perspective
Cons: Easily distracted easily distracted can’t focus on anything ever it’s terrible. No. Just no.
Pros: Remembering little details that add to the memory, like the way it felt to hug someone
Cons: Getting nostalgic over stupid things all the ding dong time
Pros: Naturally taking charge and doing well in a leadership position when it’s something the INFP loves/knows how to do well
Cons: Speaking before thinking way too much and it’s uncomfortable
it’s okay to be jobless
it’s okay to be lost
it’s okay to feel lost
it’s okay to take a break
it’s okay to take some time and figure things out
do what you think and feel is right and what you have to do, and from then on you’ll slowly get there.
it doesn’t have to be fast, you have all the time in the world.
and please, live in the moment.
*thinks of an interesting idea for something to do* wow, thats a pretty cool idea!
*plans second related thing*
*plans how they will make a fortune off of said things and retire at age 50*
*plans musical based off of the thing*
*plans sequel musical*
*plans memoir about future accomplishment*
*plans movie adaption of memoir*
*plans their own funeral*
*never actually /does/ any of this*
1. Literally crying after being around people for an extended period of time.
2. Intensely caring about other people but being overwhelmed by their company simultaneously.
3. People constantly mistaking you for an extravert because you act goofy to cover up the fact that crowds make you impossibly uncomfortable.
4. Saying something out loud while with other people that strays about 4 trains of thought from what they were talking about.
5. In the middle of creating something revolutionary, and realizing it’s sundown and you haven’t eaten all day.
6. Being actually shy, but too afraid of being rude to not talk to someone who strikes up a conversation with you.
7. Assuming the completely wrong date/time/activity because you never thought to look at the schedule.
8. Wanting to be wild and party like everyone else but never being invited out because you’re too afraid to be vulnerable and make actual friends.
9. Did I mention perceiving the best in everyone and everything? I promise if you look past the foam and gnarling teeth of that rabid pit bull it has a good spirit, deep down.
10. Being such good listener that you feel like everyone who calls you a friend just keeps you around for free counseling sessions.
11. Loving alone time but at the same time hating that it makes you have to process emotions.
12. Being the one to whom all of his coworkers come to complain about each other.
13. Having an imagination so vivid that you misinterpret a text message without a period to mean the sender is irreparably angry with you.
14. Being the one who always apologizes, even though you think the other person is egregiously wrong.
15. Having steadfast beliefs, but no courage to say anything about them to anyone who happens to challenge them.
16. Everyone thinking you’re a freak of nature or depressed when you decide to spend long periods locked in your room. I’m fine, I’m just writing a song. I’ll be out in 4 days.
17. Wanting to respond to a message, but too afraid of how to say something as to not break the other person’s fragile heart.
18. Identifying as male, but possessing every personality quality that would be deemed the opposite of masculine.
19. Turning even a superficial conversation with a stranger into a deep metaphor that reflects the greater meaning of life.
20. Wondering if you have no soul because you didn’t laugh out loud at something that everyone else in the room found hilarious.
21. Feeling too guilty to not give the homeless man on the street the last dollar in your wallet, even though you don’t even have a clue how you will pay your rent this month.
22. Finally telling someone your dreamy unrealistic ideas and then having them inevitably poke a hole in every logic flaw, crushing your tender spirit.
23. Having a really great idea, bringing it to life, realizing no one would care, then giving up on it.
24. Laughing like a fool in public (often in a serious setting) because you remembered something funny.
25. Despite all the lip you get for being overly an sensitive, shy, free spirit with his head in the clouds, knowing you wouldn’t change a thing because the personality type website said you were 4% of the population, and that makes you freakin’ special.