Day 11: Name 10 characters you think don't deserve the ending they received and 1 who does.
Hi Advent Calendar Anon,
Hope you’re doing well.
10 Characters Who Deserved Better
*contemplates listing most of Katie McGrath’s characters…mhm. I’mma do it.*
1. Morgana Pendragon
(x10 <.<): I think ‘morgana deserved better’ is one of my consistent blog tags, haha. She definitely didn’t deserve her ending, especially because much of the blame was placed on her ‘suddenly turning evil’, rather than realizing their actions largely caused her reactions. Morgana wasn’t evil–she was misunderstood and in a lot of pain.
2. Harriet Chambers: Okay, so she wasn’t totally innocent (
is anyone?), but she still didn’t deserve what happened to her. I think the jeers towards Ken could have been said better/less offensively; however, she seems the aggressive type. From the lines, one can infer he has a tendency to creep about (especially around the ladies’ changing room), so I think her treatment of him was to get him to back off. Her ending was wayyy too brutal and made a mockery of her.
3.Zara Young: Her death was the definition of overkill. She was just doing her job and got repaid by serving as a chew toy between two dinosaurs…well, before the water one won out. Furthermore, usually the dramatic deaths in the Jurassic World series is reserved for antagonists (i.e. JP 1) so kind of like dinosaur fueled karma, if you will? Zara didn’t deserve that.
4. Elizabeth Carruthers: >.> This one’s probably a bit fresh in the KMG fandom, so I won’t say much. It seemed unnecessary though.
5. Lucy Westenra: .-. Her story was really just sad all the way around. Sweet precious baby gay, who was in love with her bff (said bff later hurt her), was under a lot of societal pressure, got manipulated by another woman (Lady Jayne), forced to become a vampire as ‘punishment’, er, ate her mom, etc. Also, the show was cancelled, so what ever happened to Lucy? Idk. She deserved much more.
Also, the show robbed us of Katie McGrath as a lesbian vampire which is a certifiable crime against humanity. <.<.
6. Lena Luthor: Yes, her story isn’t over yet, but I still feel she deserves better. I’ve felt this on & off–depending on the season or plot at the moment. She’s a dynamic character, so I wish she was treated as such consistently.
7. Sarah Bennett: Okay, so technically she survived the horror genre which is an accomplishment in it of itself. Still didn’t like that she stayed with the guy–that annoyed me after what he did. Also, a lot of those who were close to her died (bestie, bestie’s wife, ohmygosh-he’s-my-dad guy, her parents (old news at this point) neighbor, friend’s, etc.). Yeah,pretty much everyone except for said guy. Also, the ending made it seem like there was still evil present in the town…Not sure if it would follow her or if it’s staying in the town?
8. The Great Gatsby: Gatsby’s end wasn’t really fair, especially when he somewhat died for Daisy….then she acted as if nothing happened. Also, Tom and Daisy got away with everything, which really angered me in the book.
9. Bambi’s Mom: Yes, I’m watching the R&R vlogmas, so it’s fresh.
1 Character Who Deserved It:
The Older Cop in Slasher: He had a name, but it’s unimportant. He took advantage of a girl, kept her for years (leading the town to think she’s dead), cheated on his wife (she knew about it though), messed with evidence, tried to harm/kill Sarah (also he was an ass to her in general), etc. all to play a twisted game of forced house with her. I could go into more depth about what happened etc. I think most will know who I’m referring to though.
The Executioner's actions were ok in this instance.