I got mine done 6 weeks ago on Sunday so I thought I would throw some tips out there for people because I always see people asking in that tag.
1. Does it hurt to get done? No, not at all. I barely felt it, it felt a little tight while they put the bar in but the actual piercing was a 3 out of 10.
2. What’s the proper way to clean it? I soaked it for 10 minutes every day for the first 4 weeks. I never slacked once. Now i have purchased the h2Ocean spray. I use that all the time but I still soak it at least 2-3 times a week. Qtips are your friends. Also, do soak it. Please. The spray doesn’t always clean everything.
3. The worst time was about 2 weeks after. It got infected and throbbed for a day but I repeat, soaking clears it right up.
4. I did dye my hair for the first time last week. My stylist kept hitting it, that hurt. It’s fine but soak it after. I’ll keep telling you to soak it cause it works.
5. It hurts like a mother fucking bitch when you bang it. Six weeks later and it still hurts. Like holy fuck. I never remember it’s there until I stupidly tuck my hair behind my ear.
6. How long before you can sleep on your side? I started to now, six weeks later. I have a really soft pillow though and I think that’s key. The softer the better.
7. The bar slides. I panicked because it slid down and the piercer gave me a long bar to allow for swelling. Well I panicked because what if I hit it and it swells? There’s no room. Doesn’t matter, the minute it drops means it’s healing. I haven’t had issues with it touching my ear at all. Just SOAK IT IF IT GETS INFECTED.
8. Also tea tree oil works well to get rid of infections. I’ve only had to use it once. Don’t use it on a regular basis.
9. If you have always wondered about getting it done but are scared of taking care of it, just get it done. The cleaning isn’t so bad, trust me. You get used to it awful quick and it looks cute as fck.
If anyone else has any other questions just let me know.
*** I use a pretty simple soak mixture: 1 cup water and ¼ tsp non iodized salt (kosher works). I boil the water, add the salt, wait for it to cool, stir it up and soak it. I use a measuring cup and lay on the floor…. It’s worked the best for me with minimal spillage.
If your piercing gets infected, (I hope it doesn’t) the best way to clean it, is to open the infection with a needle, press as much nasty goo out as possible, clean it, A LOT, grab a patch, put some disenfection liquid (IDK WHAT IT IS IN ENGLISH, JUST WHATEVER YOU USE!!!) on the white part and cover the infection real good. REBLOG TO SAVE AN EAR
Finally grabbed some photos of this mostly healed ear project (rook is healing). All the major components of this project are from @anatometal. Thank you so much for knocking it out of the park with the special order 4 point piece and all the other amazing pieces. You guys are awesome! @safepiercing