I’ve always thought that Dan and Phil were like a yin yang, and I find it adorable. Just think about it…
1) Dan has a younger brother, Phil has an older brother.
2) Dan’s from the south, Phil’s from the north (and they met together to finally live more in the middle).
3) Dan has a dark aesthetic while Phil’s is much lighter and brighter (and their home, and their often shared wardrobe choices, are a combination of both).
4) Dan’s left-handed and Phil is right-handed (when, again, they can meet in the middle and sign things at the same time).
5) Dan lacked confidence while Phil always exuded it and as served as inspiration.
6) Dan is often witty, biting, and sarcastic while Phil is cheerful and effortlessly funny.
7) Even their appearances are complementary: Dan (despite being pale lately) is naturally tan with brown eyes. Phil is naturally pale with blue/green/yellow eyes.
8) Their fringes sweep in the opposite directions.
What are he chances of that, seriously.
9) Probably least importantly, but still interesting, Dan dropped out of college and Phil got a Master’s degree.
I could go on.
Of course I ship Phan, but this isn’t even about that. They complement each other perfectly, and I think we can all agree that they were meant to be in some capacity. They also have so much in common where it counts that I don’t see their dynamic being any more perfect.
And I thought this sh*t only existed in cheesy fairytales… well, I guess it’s supposed to be cheesy.
I thought of more.
10) Dan’s high-pitched voice and Phil’s low-pitched voice. They can, and do, sing duets together perfectly.
11) Dan was born in the summer, and Phil was born in the winter.
12) Dan’s earrings and Phil’s lack of them (because, according to Dan, his personality is “too adorable” for them, but I guess Dan’s isn’t).
13) Dan’s tendency to waffle on while Phil listens patiently, yet his still clear respect and admiration for everything Phil says.
14) Dan’s more serious vs. Phil’s more lighthearted nature (look at “The Urge” vs. “The Hand”).
15) **last-minute add because jfc I thought of another one: Dan’s naturally wavy hair and Phil’s naturally straighter hair.
16) And this is a big one: Dan’s love for cursing, bad language, and being inappropriate and Phil’s desire to keep things PG. Like I’ve said for different points above, they often meet in the middle here on their collabs and it’s perfect (most of Phil’s innuendo is in these vids and not when he’s alone, so being together and compromising on their humor creates comedy gold).
Dan’s said in recent interviews that he and Phil disagree often about things, and Phil admitted that they think “quite differently”, yet they “always find a compromise.” This is so rare and beautiful.
Much like their fringes, they always meet in the middle.