OK IT 2017. This will be a long ass post FYI!!
So this post will contain spoilers if you don’t want to see any don’t look at this
- so overall I was very satisfied with the movie I thought that the mood was correct they definitely got the themes right it was definitely a coming-of-age film more than a horror film which I really liked
- I thought that every actor did fantastic with their character. Jack and Finn knocked it out of the park. I thought Jack was just absolutely amazing
- the thing that I like the most with this film was the kids. I didn’t so much care about the horror aspect of it I only cared about the kids and their friendship
- I didn’t get scared in all honesty because movies usually don’t scare me. I did jump a few times but the jump-scares were not extensive at all and I thought they were done pretty well
-Pennywise himself was not in it that much which I did like considering he wasn’t in the book that much. he did look a bit fake in some parts and I think that was mostly due to bills prosthetics on his face made his face and mouth move very strange which I did like.
- if you’re worried about Gore or anything like that don’t because there’s really no Gore in it at all except maybe the beginning and bevs scene.
- The Blood Oath made me tear up and made me very emotional and also a scene with stan where he wakes up and he starts crying in the sewers made me tear up as well. The Blood Oath though definitely made me emotional
- I like the idea of Stan’s encounter with the painting but I think it looked a bit strange coming to life and I don’t know if that was intentional or not but to be completely honest I was a bit underwhelmed with the way it looked. I was also a little underwhelmed with Eddie’s encounter. I thought it was done well but there are a few things that I wish they did it a little bit differently
-Some of the music in certain places was a bit over-the-top for my taste but overall I thought the soundtrack was good
-Richie didn’t really have that much of an encounter. His encounter was at Neibolt Street for the first time in the clown room. Now perhaps they did that on purpose considering we don’t find out about Richies true first encounter until he’s an adult so I can move past that
- I’m a bit confused though considering Finn said richie is neglected at home and that’s why he acts the way he does. Now perhaps that was a scene cut from the movie but there’s nothing that suggests at all that Richie was neglected at home. Perhaps that will be a flashback in part 2 I don’t know
- I knew that this was going to happen but I was a bit disappointed that we didn’t get to hear any of Stan’s Bar Mitzvah speech
- speaking of Stan I did like that they made him deny what was going on and made him a bit reluctant to do anything about it
- I thought the bullies did good but they didn’t show at all the fate of Victor and belch which made me a bit confused perhaps that was a scene cut too. Also Henry’s fate was fuzzy in this considering they made it look like he could have died and we saw nothing of him after that
- I do wish we saw more of Mike. We didn’t really see much of him he had the least amount of screen time
- I also wish we got one more scene of Bill at home with his parents ignoring him. We didn’t see his parents ignore him at all in this actually
- The chemistry between the kids is just fantastic especially between Eddie and Richie and Stan and Bill.
-Okay so concerning Beverly: I was never the biggest fan of Beverly in the book. I thought she wasn’t a well-written character. I liked her a little bit more in this maybe just because I like Sophia. I honestly thought that they were trying too hard to make her seem like a really strong female character (which in the novel as an adult anyway I never really saw her as that) and to make her seem like the kind of girl who is like “i’m not like other girls”
- and who called it? Eddie writing the V on his own cast? I did I knew that was going to happen!!! I also knew that it would be Greta who wrote Loser on his cast instead
-I truly enjoyed every single scene with Eddie in it. Now Eddie’s obviously my favorite character if you couldn’t tell but again I just think Jack did fantastic as Eddie
-“IT’S A GAZEBO!”
- I thought that they would do the final confrontation a bit differently and not the Cary fukunaga route. I thought that they would do what they did in the 2016 script and do that altered reality thing but instead they went the fukunaga route which made me kind of eh.
-the ben/bev kiss….could it have been any cheesier.??
-i love Ben so much ekenrkenrejhe
- I thought the scenes with Bev and her dad we’re done very well. You definitely get a bad feeling when Bev’s dad is on screen
- I did think Bill did a fantastic job as Pennywise though a couple scenes I was kind of underwhelmed
- I definitely saw the bill Bev kiss coming. I knew that they would play up the romance a bit in this movie considering if there’s any hint of romance in a novel the movie studio will turn it up a notch at least so I saw that coming but I didn’t think it was bad. Now I like Bev and Ben together but in this movie I did think Bill and Beverly were cute. Only as kids though… I’m not looking forward to any romance between them whatsoever in part two as adults
-Jaeden Lieberher was just fantastic!
- one thing that I wish they did though is that in the 2016 script they referenced the spider by Pennywise doing shadow puppets on the wall to scare Beverly and he does a shadow puppet of a spider and it was just super clever but unfortunately that was not in this
- the part with them playing in the Quarry was great. Though the whole group of them staring at Bev when she was laying in the sun was a bit eh to me. I knew they’d do that tho
-The only reason I could see why they made it rated R was because of the language. Nothing else made me feel like it was rated R
-Finn did absolutely amazing as richie though I do wish we heard his voice is a bit more I was very satisfied with the voices that Finn did. But overall I think he was just absolutely fantastic as Richie
I like the film as a whole. My favorite parts though were just with the kids and nothing to do with Pennywise and the horror. Finn and jack stole the show in my opinion. My favorites were Eddie and Richie and Stan (obvi). I would definitely go see this movie a bunch of times but only to see the kids. I ……i just love the kids so so much