What are your favorite things about Vansnavi? (I just feel like getting some positivity right now)
I think that what I love most about them is the potential for compatibility. They are hugely different people with different life experiences and I think that it creates a space where they have a lot to learn from the other person’s perspective and influence the other into being better, more open minded people.
- I’ll get the MBTI out of the way first. He’s ISFJ, she’s INTJ. Only two letters apart (sensing/intuitive, feeling/thinking) but if you know some things about MBTI you know that these two types are nothing alike at all. They function differently on every aspect. Most of their differences in character can be explained through the lens of MBTI.
- Usnavi is very past oriented. Vanessa is future oriented. He finds comfort in the way he remembers his past and even the history of his family, and even when he decides to stay in New York it’s based on his beautiful memories of his life in New York. Vanessa finds comfort in the plans she has for herself, in a future where her life is much better than it is. I think that each of them would help the other either taking comfort in good memories or planning farther ahead and both could meet in the middle and really enjoy the present better.
- Usnavi is a people person. Vanessa is individualistic. He likes to be surrounded by people, feel normal and appreciated, she likes to feel special. She has her own plans completely separate from anyone else, Usnavi’s plans are always linked to his community, even when he wanted to go back to DR (his island, his parents’ island). Usnavi would probably feel more centered with Vanessa’s influence, learn to trust himself, and Vanessa would learn to be more aware of others and include them in her plans.
- Usnavi feels, Vanessa thinks. That’s painting with a very broad brush but overall, he’s more emotional than her, she’s more logical and hates to be confronted with feelings. He’s much more attuned to his. She could handle the serious, he could handle the feels, but both are serious and both have feelings, they would just learn to communicate in a way that fits the other person.
- Usnavi is anxious, Vanessa is assertive. He’s so much softer than her and freaks out easily, she’s way stronger and internalizes. They could really complete each other nicely.
Yeah basically, I just really love how different they are and how that opens possibility for growing together and as individuals. I think they would really both pull the other person up and be a great influence in each other’s life.