1. BtVS: Buffy x Angel - Because before I knew what a ship was, I shipped these two so damn hard.
2. Last of the Mohicans: Alice x Uncas - Literally a combined 30 seconds of actual screen time together, but I wanted (and still want) more! Who cares about Cora and Nathaniel when there’s this subtle, beautiful love story simmering in the background?
3. Vikings: Rollo x Gisla - Honestly, this ship hit me hard and while it was far from perfect (that’s shade at you Hirst for the fuck up that’s 4b) I will always love them!
4. Victoria: Victoria x Melbourne - Historical accuracy aside, they gave me all the feels in 2016!
5. La Femme Nikita: Nikita x Michael - The true definition of shipping and pain. One of my all time fave shows.
Michelle Obama's Twitter Farewell: 'Being Your First Lady Has Been the Honor of a Lifetime'
With just hours remaining until Michelle Obama goes from being first lady to mere mortal, she took to her social media accounts Wednesday to bid adieu to her soon-to-be former life.
“Being your First Lady has been the honor of a lifetime. From the bottom of my heart, thank you. -mo,” the first lady wrote on her Twitter and Instagram accounts alongside a photo of her and the president with their arms around each other. Shot from behind, the first couple are looking toward the Washington Monument from a White House balcony.
Prior to posting the photo of her and the president, Michelle Obama tweeted a 30-second video of herself taking one last stroll through the White House with the first pooches, Bo and Sunny.
“Taking it in on one last walk through the People’s House,” reads the tweet.
The trio begin their stroll in the Cross Hall, and meander through the South Portico side of the first floor, then to the East Room, Green Room, Blue Room and Red Room,
White House photographer Pete Souza also took to his Instagram account Wednesday, posting a photo of the president giving his final press conference before leaving office. In the photo, Obama is seen waving to the pool of reporters. “Waving goodbye at the conclusion of his last press conference as President earlier today,” Souza wrote.
When Viktuuri gets engaged but it isn’t even the biggest development in the episode because of the FUCKING PLOT TWIST AT THE END GODDAMMIT I AM NEVER GOING TO BE ABLE TO PROCESS THE BANQUET SCENE LAST 30 SECONDS OF THE EPISODE AND EVERYTHING IS CHANGED
Okay so we spent 9 episodes thinking Victor didn't know who Yuri was until the video went viral but in episode 10 we find out that Yuri got shitfaced and had a dance battle with Yurio and pole danced with Chris and even sexy danced WITH VICTOR and in the last 30 seconds we find out he drunkenly asked Victor to be his coach while humping him and that Victor had been BESOTTED by this sloppy drunk and dropped everything because he was into him and now everything that seemed weird or slightly off MAKES PERFECT SENSE AND I'M STILL NOT OVER IT AND HOW IT CHANGES EVERYTHING I THOUGHT I KNEW AND THAT'S ON TOP OF THE FACT THEY ARE ENGAGED!
John Oliver literally destroyed 2016 as this season’s swan song and I don’t think I’ve laughed so hard all year. That was truly cathartic. Please guys do yourself a favour and watch this, it’s a masterpiece!
Me, in my head: “C’mon, it’s been a full 30 seconds since the last terrible, obvious ghoul-based pun. Can’t be long now.”
Phantasma: “Me too!”
Me, watching: “Yup, here it comes. They’re gonna have her fly through a tree because she’s a ghost, and because Elsa said the phrase ‘running through the trees.’ It’s a visual gag way too easy and obvious to miss.”
*scene just ends, movie moves on*
Me, watching: “…oh. Wait, really, HB? Really? You didn’t notice that obvious gag?
I… I never thought I’d say this, but… this time, I’m actually disappointed by the lack of a bad joke.”
Your parents are not supposed to yell at you, mock you, ect. for crying, and they’re not supposed to FORCE you to tell them whats wrong if they aren’t the reason you’re crying.
Your parents are not supposed to tell you that you’re lying, overreacting, ect. if you bring up that you think you might have a mental illness / physical illness ect.
Your parents are not supposed to yell at you or tell you “I put a roof over your head” or “I feed you” or “oh well” or anything of the like if you bring up something that they do that upsets you
Your parents are not supposed to scream at you and punish you for making mistakes such as breaking dishes, not doing something right, ect.
Your parents are not supposed to guilt you when you’re having a hard time by saying “I have it worse than you do” “you wont last 30 seconds out in the real world” ect.
Your parents are not supposed to yell at you to shut up for “talking back” when you were only trying to explain / defend yourself.
All of this is abuse. Parents are NEVER supposed to do these things. If you think your parents are abusing you or you think something is wrong, listen to yourself. Look into abuse. You are not overreacting. Your feelings are valid. If you are being abused, I love you and always remember that you’ll be out of there soon.
James just grins besides his grousing girlfriend, looping his arm around her shoulders. “Oh come on,” he says, pulling her close, “It’s romantic.”
“The fuck it is.”
“Romantic walks in the snow, Evans, it’s a thing. You know it’s a thing. A nice little walk, just the two of us, I’ll give you my scarf when it really starts to get nippy, making snow people. I’ve seen enough cheesy muggle movies to know how it goes.”
Lily glares at him balefully. “It’s cold.”
“I have a bottle of hot chocolate to split.”
“I can’t feel my toes.”
“Well it’s your own ruddy fault for not wearing proper socks,” he sniffs, and Lily elbows him in the ribs.
“Yeah, but these have ducks in Christmas caps on them James!” she whines, “How could I not wear them?”
“Don’t complain to me when your toes fall off then.”
Lily huffs, glaring when her breath lingers in the air in front of her, and shoves her woolly gloved hands deeper into her coat pockets.
“If my toes fall off, it’s all your fault for dragging me out in this deplorable weather to suffer.” She makes sure to kick a pile of snow to really drive her point home, and then has to grasp onto his arm when the action has her nearly falling over backward.
“I’ll still love you even when you’re missing several toes,” he says solemnly, and Lily just rolls her eyes.
Came out of my mini sabbatical to check out the lovely video today, and this is what I saw:
1. Cait is seriously stunning!! OMG….I stared at her through my entire first viewing, and said to myself I may as well have another Christmas cookie!
2. Nice setting at Lallybroch, and Leanne was her typical bubbly self.
3. Sam & Cait on the couch together….sigh!! At the beginning, they even projected a nice “co-star” distance, which naturally didn’t last 30 seconds!!
4. Cute questions, but kind of the same we have heard before. Cait was beaming, and SOOOO at ease. Sam was a little quiet at first, and CLEARLY didn’t know what to do with his hands. Of course, who could blame him with Cait sitting so close.
5. Honestly, Cait was perfection! That face, that ponytail, that turtleneck, that short skirt. No wonder Sam couldn’t focus. How does he look at her everyday, because he CLEARLY could not take his eyes off of her much during “couch talk ”! Poor guy!
6. That respectable distance withered away, and I thought Sam was going to crawl in her lap. There really was no room for Jesus, and she is his magnet. Swoon!!!
7. The cooking question was priceless. Sam’s face said she may not be known for her cooking skills….but I’ve got that covered. We see you Sam!😉
8. The vacation question….well then! His face and smirk says “ yeah, that was great, and WE did have fun laying in the sun and drinking a lot”! Remember how tan he was during the LA Times event….case closed! Also found it interesting that he didn’t mention “other ” travels as “best” things this year….don’t you?!? Well then!
9. Very telling that Sam referenced S2 and S3 as the best parts of the year. What does that tell you??? He LOVES playing JAMMF, and LOVES being on set and working with Cait. Hence, that IG post where he was ecstatic to film S3. Sighing again!!!
10. The head and tummy rub. Any reason to touch her!!! We feel you Sam!👀💏
11. The tightly clenched hands. It was clear they were trying to look “professional”, but give it up already. Drop the ruse and put your arm back where you like it Sam. Believe me, she won’t mind!!
12. Loved seeing them together, and all I will say is that these two radiate more heat that our copper firepot, and that thing blazes!! And, it is clear that they enjoy being together. The fact that Cait smiled and gazed so sweetly at him, while he looked like he just wanted to rub every inch of that turtleneck tells a story. Think of all the rest of the “cast” of characters as plot filler, and enjoy the heat. It is definitely there!!
Now, back to my holiday planning. Shiptini’s for everyone!!!😍❤💚❤💚
Here it is. The video I’ve been working on for the past two months. Two months? I think that’s right. Three weeks at least on the last 30 seconds but yeah - maybe I can focus on my writing now. (Cause I’m behind and I know I’m behind guys and I’m sorry D:)
Includes every canon ship + a little TruTen (because this video is basically ALL MY DRAGON BALL SHIPS LUL): Yamcha/Bulma, Tien/Launch, Goku/ChiChi, Vegeta/Bulma, Gohan/Videl, Krillin/18, Trunks/Goten, (and maybe a lil Goten/Marron, Trunks/Marron if you like, squint).