When I was in high school, I wrote an article. It was for the school’s newspaper. It was about the spy planes that were always flying over our community in Dearborn. Three days later the FBI rushed in during homeroom and they interrogated me for 10 hours. What did you tell them?
1. in the middle of am homeroom (so like 9am in the morning) a kid just broke out a pint of ice cream and started eating it. and i guess it wouldnt have been that bad except once people noticed, everyone started whispering and pointing until half the class was surrounding the table literally BEGGING for some. the teacher actually had to stop reading the morning announcements and give a speech on how you shouldn’t give death threats over ice cream.
2. this kid i was sitting next to once went home bc he got a massive headache after staring straight into a lightbulb for 2 minutes bc he “was bored and wanted to see what would happen.” he ended up taking 3 advils after that, got paranoid and made the entire table search “how many pills of advil does it take to overdose” on a school computer.
3. there was a HUGE ASS fly in the room and the teacher thought itd be a great idea to kill it by throwing a folder 4inches thick with papers in its general direction; it ended up going across the room and hitting a poor, innocent kid in the face so hard that the other kids at the table scrammed and started yelling “EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF”…and when i tell you that this fly was huge,,it was literally so MASSIVE that this one girl almost started crying when it flew near her, someone actually tried throwing a cup of coffee at it, and another person started screaming ZIKA VIRUSSSS and something about how they weren’t vaccinated. and mind you the majority of the students are dressed in fancy attire bc of the national honor society ceremony that was later in the afternoon. in the midst of all this chaos, this one kid stands up, doesnt say anything and literally just ninja slams his bare hand onto the table and kills the fly all in one fluid motion, all without saying a single word. the entire class just broke out in thunderous applause, including the teacher, and then class continued as normal as if the past 10 minutes didn’t even happen
4. during first period a teacher who lost a ton of weight over a 2 year period was giving serious advice about the importance of living a healthy lifestyle while this kid right in front of the teacher’s desk breaks out a FULL mcdonalds breakfast meal and distributes it among the table
5. kids that were in apush and ap spanish held a joint prayer vigil the day before ap exams began, so that ap students could literally hold hands and pray to survive exam season as well as mourn our high grades. everyone who went was required to bring in fake candles and food, while someone else conducted a prayer service. a special invitation was sent using our school emails, you had to rsvp in order to attend, and it was suggested that you wear black. our ap teachers knew about this, and they agreed it was a good idea somehow
basic japanese high school schedule for you, fic writers
students attend class from monday thru saturday, with saturday being a half day. sundays are off
the high school day usually runs from 8:30am to 3pm, but many students stay after for after school clubs or attend cram school in the evening
the school year runs from april to march with a summer break come the end of july. first term is from april to july, second term is from september to december, and third term runs from january to march
your favorite high school anime doesn’t have separate classrooms for no reason. japanese students don’t rotate classes like american students do; instead, they have a fixed classroom and class number (i.e., 3-A), and the teachers do the rotating
they also don’t have the same classes every day
they do still have homeroom teachers; however, “homeroom” is more of a class meeting at the end of the day rather than at the beginning
the students are required to help clean the school at the end of the school day before clubs start
school uniforms are a thing for high schoolers. dress code used to be much stricter but recently they’ve allowed more basic alterations to the uniform
please stop writing them like american schools you’re embarrassing yourself
We did this thing at my school where they gave us each a lego piece in homeroom, and as we passed through the cafeteria we’d add them to a lego sculpture to symbolize unity or whatever. I’m happy to say that by the end of period 2, it was a penis, complete with jizz made from the white legos. I, for one, have never felt more solidarity among 2000 people
“The first report card I ever brought to my parents was from my college entrance exam. My parents had never asked to see my report card before. I never even heard them telling me to study. Instead they told me to meet and experience a lot of people. When I was a freshman in high school, I partook in a broadcasting club. But while I was taking a part of that organization, my grades dropped quite low. My homeroom teacher found out and I guess she thought that for my grades, it would be best to quit the broadcasting club. So she called my mom and asked her to come to the school for a meeting. My teacher sat my mom down, and told her I would be better off if she had sent me to after school classes, got me a tutor, and pushed me to quit the broadcasting club to focus on my academics and sort of scolded my mom asking her why she didn’t do that. My mom listened to all of that and asked in return, ‘You also have children, right? They don’t grow as you please, do they?’… and she left.”
“제가 초, 중 고등학교를 다니면서 처음으로 부모님께 갖다 드린 성적표가 수능 성적표였어요. 부모님께서 성적표를 달란 얘기를 단 한번도 안 하셨거든요. 어렸을 때부터 공부하란 소리는 한 번도 안 들어보고 자랐어요. 그 대신 사람들을 많이 만나보고 경험해보라고 하셨죠. 제가 고 1때 방송반을 들어갔었거든요. 근데 방송반하면서 성적이 너무 많이 떨어진 거예요. 담임 선생님이 그걸 아시고는 제 성적을 위해서 방송반에서 탈퇴시켜야 한다고 생각을 하셨나 봐요. 그래서 제 엄마한테 전화를 걸어 학교로 오시라고 하셨대요. 엄마를 앉혀 놓고는, 학원도 좀 보내고, 과외도 좀 시키고, 방송반에서 탈퇴 시키고, 공부만 시키면 충분히 잘할 애인데 왜 안 그러시냐며 훈계를 하셨대요. 엄마가 그걸 가만 듣고 계시다가 이렇게 되물으셨대요. ‘선생님 자녀 있으시죠? 그 자녀분이 어디 마음대로 되던가요?’라고… 그리고 그냥 집에 오셨대요.”
Hideki-senpai is often tasked to look after the class of 3-B. This is because Viktor-sensei, their homeroom teacher, is always away on some trip abroad. He’s also in charge of covering for all of Viktor-sensei’s History Classes for the 3rd year students. It adds quite a bit of work to his plate but it’s nothing he can’t handle.
The difficult part about covering for Viktor-sensei is actually when he is back at the school. Hideki has to update Viktor-sensei on the progress of his classes. But Viktor, more often than not, blows off the meetings Hideki arranges. He is also quite difficult to locate during his break times and even then he finds a way to persuade Hideki to meet “some other time". This would be alright with Hideki if it weren’t for the fact that as the official homeroom/history teacher, there are some documents and papers that only Viktor himself can process.
Which is why Hideki-senpai always looks to Kyouya-sensei to act as an intermediary. Being only a teacher’s assistant, Hideki relies on Kyouya-sensei to straighten out the rogue 3-B homeroom teacher. Kyouya has been friends with Viktor since their high school days. They were pretty close back then, until Viktor suddenly moved away to Europe. He only came back years later, surprisingly, as a fellow teacher at the very same high school they attended.
Kyouya knows Viktor well enough to predict where he goes off to during his break times. He is probably the only one at the school who can tell off Viktor and not be swayed by the flashy teacher’s charms.
Hideki hopes one day that Viktor-sensei would become easier to work with, as he fears that Kyouya-sensei would make good on his strange threat to “drive a stake through Viktor’s heart.“
Want to read more #SenpaiStories? Just search or click the hastag to read them all! :D
The teaser/voice cast intro for the upcoming Roz Wells + The Vortex web short, “Ant Agony!”
“Ant Agony” is a 3 minute short that will introduce the main characters and vibe of the Roz Wells world. When Crimson Canyon Junior High is overrun with an ant infestation it’s up to Roz & her bandmates to help an incompetent sasquatch exterminator in order to liberate Roz’s guitar from homeroom.
Check the video to see the cast (don’t wanna spoil it).
ok so there were these two guys in my class and during music class while our music teacher was playing beautiful by christina aguilera they were ballroom dancing. and then our homeroom teacher came in and fixed their position and after they were much closer than before, and it was all just super cute and kinda gay. just imagine ur otp lmao
Pairing: Reader x
Rowoon Genre: Fluff Request:“You are the
nerd of the class and the most handsome, tall and popular guy of your class
confesses to you in front of all your class.” A/N: I decided
to make this a little more fun than normal.
a listener sent in a message mentioning that their homeroom teacher had sent out postcards to all of his students who are graduating soon and asked jonghyun for an idea on what to send him back.
jonghyun: since he sent the postcards now …, how about sending postcards too? if i was to teach you about “romantisting”…, (laughs) i’d say that, each day, one of you should send one. if there’s, for example, thirty students then for a month every day one student would send one - that way the teacher would look forward and wonder what student’s postcard he’d get tomorrow, and the student who’s sending it that day would look at the teacher to find what kind of expression, what kind of emotion he has. how about, like this, in a day one student would write their heart’s contents in a postcard and send it? or everyone could write their postcards at once and have one representative to send one every day? i think that would be more efficient in terms of delivery. (pause) i think i’m really a genius, whoa …, coming up with an event idea like this in the blink of an eye …, e-yaaa, i’m really incredible. ㅎㅅㅎ
I can’t believe it I was reading Hammer of Thor in English but like in the four minutes I have in between bells (my homeroom is also my English classroom so I didn’t have to switch classrooms) and I just read the part with Alex being gender fluid and Magnus’ explanation of it and how accepting he was and he’s in love with Alex Fierro. I loves Ricks equality in this new series so much.
• A Muslim main character, who also doesn’t care about Alex being gender fluid
• an atheist as the main character who DOESN’T SHAME OTHERS FOR THEIR RELIGIONS
• a black dwarf
• a deaf elf
• a gay relationship because Blitzstone is cannon i don’t care what you say
• Magnus is pan I haven’t finished the book yet so I don’t know what happens but he is and that’s that
A/N: So I’m now done redoing this request because some of the imagines I was going to post (as well as the gifs I use) went missing. So right now, I’m struggling with retrieving them back as well as redoing all of them *cries* hopefully this is fine and will do, sorry for any mistakes, hope you guys like this one :)
“You’re late again, Ms. Y/L/N.” The homeroom teacher, who was also your teacher for your second subject said. A sigh of disappointment sounding from her lips as she marked you on the attendance record booklet she has with her always as tardy, some of the students in the classroom snickering and rolling their eyes at you. And all you can do was cower in embarrassment as you hurriedly went to your seat and not meeting anyone’s gaze.
“Another tardy and you’ll be kicked out of this class and repeat on the next semester.” The lady up front didn’t stop with her nagging as she only crossed her arms over her chest before proceeding again with the lessons for the day. Another round of tongues clicking with disappointed looks came your way as the students heard of your consequence, and all you wanted to do was for them to ignore you and stop staring like you were committing such punishable grave sins.
When you were finally in the zone of listening, and taking down notes, you heard a ‘psst’ sound coming from behind you and heavens know you wanted to ignore it so bad because you don’t want to catch the pain-in-the-ass teacher again and call you out.
Feeling your phone vibrate in your pocket, you took it out carefully so as to not get caught and read the notification that you’ve just received a text message.
Where were you? The message came from Stiles who was right behind you and you’ve guessed that it was him making all the ‘psst’ sound. When you ignored the messages and locked your phone, your attention went back to listening on the lecture not before hearing a frustrated sign from behind.
Hey Your phone lit up with the message, before a few more ones followed.
Don’t ignore me.
What happened this morning?
A few more questions followed until you replied with I’ll tell you later that made Stiles finally stop.
And by the end of the class, he didn’t waste time in asking you as you packed up your things and zipped your bag close.
“I woke up late,” you replied shortly before slinging your bag on your shoulders and headed out.
“Yeah right, as if I’d believe that lame excuse.” Stiles rolled his eyes.
“Well believe it because I really overslept and forgot to set the alarm.” You added, walking out of the classroom with him trailing behind you.
“Okay, fine.” Stiles was now walking beside you towards the cafeteria where the rest of the McCall pack were waiting for the both of you. “Let’s say I believe you.”
“What made you overslept and forget to set the alarm?” he asked again.
Arriving at the table where Scott and the others were eating, you sat beside Lydia who has just finished her lunch while Stiles sat in between Scott and Isaac, the blue-eyed werewolf from across the table looked at you worriedly. He tried to read the tired expression on your face which you only masked with a bright smile that would hopefully reassure him that you were fine, he only stared longer before looking away and listening to whatever insight Scott had on the druid wreaking havoc in Beacon Hills.