Can we plz talk about Remus’s teaching methods in PoA. Okay just listen:
First off, he showed up late to HIS OWN CLASS!
Secondly, he told them to put away there books and took a walk through the castle, to the STAFF ROOM.
Thirdly, when Peeves started to call him “Loony, Loony, Lupin” in front of his class, he SMILED. Then shoot gum up Peeves nose. And TAUGHT this spell to the class.
Fourthly, when Snape rudely insulted Neville, he made brought Neville up to the front of class, then proceeded to make a Snape/Boggart dress in drag.
Fithly, “ ‘Now then,’ said Professor Lupin, beckoning the class toward the end of the room, where there was nothing but an old wardrobe where the teachers kept their spare robes. As Professor Lupin went to stand next to it, the Wardrobe gave a sudden wobble, banging off the wall.
‘Nothing to worry about,’ said Professor Lupin calmly because a few people had jumped backward in alarm. ‘There’s a boggart in there.’”
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, J.K. Rowling, Page: 133
Just think of the smirk he is fighting as he says that so casually. Oh yeah, just a monster in the wardrobe.
Sixthly, he casually keeps dangerous creatures in Hogwarts to teach with.
Seventhly, the final. It was an obstacle corse, “ Professor Lupin had compiled the most unusual exam any of them had taken; a sort of obstacle corse outside in the sun, where they had to wade across a deep paddling pool containing a gindylow, cross a series of potholes full of Red Caps, squish their way across a patch of marsh while ignoring misleading directions from a hinkypunk, then climb into an old trunk and battle with a new boggart.”
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, J.K. Rowling, Page: 318
Think about Lupins thought process; Exams, a test, no, fun, how about a game, sort of game, what is a game/test, obstacle corse, full of, dangerous creatures, yes that will work.
Remus teaching methods might be bizarre, but Remus is still may peoples favorite DADA teacher after many years. They did learn the most, that actually stuck in there brains.
Every loved him, but Malfoy and his “gang”. He was fun, quirky, and just plain cool. He was an amazing teacher in bad circumstances. The only DADA teacher that didn’t have some other agenda.
He truly was a great teacher and that is just another reason to love Remus Lupin.
S6 Sansa tells Jon that there is no saving Rickon because if he’s with Ramsay then he’s already dead. We, the audience, literally have seen evidence to back this up.
Anti’s: Sansa is so heartless! That’s her brother! How dare she! What a cold-hearted bitch!
S6 conclusion: Sansa was right. Ramsay never had any intention of freeing Rickon.
Anti’s: ……. Whatever. At least Jon tried to do something.
S7 Sansa tells Jon that he needs to punish the houses that have betrayed House Stark, the houses that were literally complicit in capturing Rickon and abetting in his consequent murder. They didn’t just fight with Ramsay and did nothing while Sansa was being tortured and abused; Smalljon Umber captured Rickon and handed him to Ramsay. And Sansa wants to punish them, not by murdering Alys Karstark and Ned Umber, but by stripping them of titles and land. They would probably then become wards of another house as Theon was once a ward of Ned Stark’s as punishment for the Greyjoy’s rebellion against the Iron Throne.
Anti’s: Wow, Sansa is such a conniving bitch! She just wants the throne for herself! Look at her, she wants to punish these kids. She’s so heartless! She’s going to betray Jon!
S7 Arya literally murders all of the Freys as punishment for being complicit in the killing of Robb, Talisa and Catelyn.
Same Sansa Anti’s: Oh my god, go Arya! She’s so badass! She was totally in the right! Woohoo! Vengeance!
• Unfriendly reminder that Wanda Maximoff MANIPULATED a man suffering from SEVERE PTSD into doing something horrible which HE was blamed for while NO ONE on his “team” defended him.
• Unfriendly reminder that Steve Rogers knew about the MURDER of Tony Stark’s parents and withheld the information.
• Unfriendly reminder that Steve did this and had the nerve to chastise Tony about KEEPING FUCKING SECRETS.
• Unfriendly reminder that Steve thought he knew better than 117 COUNTRIES, and decided to do what the fuck he wanted.
• Unfriendly reminder that Tony tried to COMPROMISE with Steve and he couldn’t meet him in the middle.
• Unfriendly reminder that his “team” couldn’t trust him even after he had literally risked his life for them TWICE.
• Unfriendly reminder that Natasha BETRAYED Tony even after she called in the Black Panther whom she knew would attack Bucky whereas Tony only called for backup that he knew wouldn’t react violently unless it was needed.
• Unfriendly reminder that people say that Tony (again, a man who suffers from SEVERE PTSD) overreacted after watching the man standing next to him (who is absolutely a victim, but his hands still committed those crimes) MURDER his parents in cold blood, and a man that he considered his friend KNEW about it to protect HIMSELF and his friend.
• Unfriendly reminder that all Tony got after the War was a SHIT TON of problems with the government and a CONDESCENDING letter from the same man who hurt him incredibly both physically and emotionally basically telling him “i’m sorry that you don’t understand that I was right”.
• Unfriendly reminder that Tony was BLAMED for the paralysis his BEST FRIEND now suffers by a man whom Tony had done A LOT for.
• Unfriendly reminded that Tony fucking Stark is treated so horribly in this fandom and he doesn’t deserve it.
listen do you guys know how great it is that trevor daley won another cup!!! i come from the same neighbourhood that he grew up in and there has never been enough funding to support hockey in communities full of primarily children of colour like ours, so you can imagine how all the kids here have been in love him ever since he, a person of colour playing hockey, brought the cup here last year!! there aren’t a lot of athletes or role models coming out of regent park let alone be 2-time champs!! representation matters and you don’t have to be a pens stan to support the success of black hockey players!!!