- While Vegas’ nonstop nightlife, neon signs and lights might give the impression the city is a colossal
drain on resources, the opposite is true.
- Las Vegas now runs exclusively on renewable energy.
- The city officially achieved this milestone last week,
when Boulder Solar 1 — a solar power plant on the edge of Boulder City,
Nevada — went live.
- According to the Huffington Post, the plant’s acres of solar panels will provide 100% of the city’s municipal power, excluding commercial and residential buildings.
- The effort started in 2008 and has saved Las Vegas $5 million a year. Read more