I mean, yes the 4 ladies and their Table Of War as well as finally seeing Nymeria and her pack was amazing.
But there was something about the Arya/Hot Pie scene. Arya is seeing a friend again - the first time we’ve seen her reconnect with anyone she knew before Braavos-and initially she doesn’t seem to care. She’s not sad, but she’s not excited or particularly happy- I know Hot Pie wasn’t particularly a beloved friend of hers, but she showed less of a reaction than she did meeting total strangers in the pop star cameo scene last week. You’d think she’d be at least as animated as that, but no . A girl needs to eat. And Hot Pie is filling her in about his meeting with Brienne - so many seasons ago- and she’s not really reacting. A girl needs some ale. And you can see Hot Pie is affected by this. He almost looks like he feels sorry for her: like somehow he knows this change could not have been brought about by anything happy or pleasant. She focuses on chewing and barely makes eye contact. When she talks about cooking and preparing human flesh she sort of kicks herself for not browning the butter. It’s unclear how this Arya will fit into society- will she be able to connect to anyone?
And then, the moment he tells her that Jon Snow is at Wintefell, she stops chewing. Drops the half eaten pie. Half heartedly accuses Hot Pie of lying because the possibility of this being true is too much to hope for. And at that moment she almost looks her age again. She almost looks hopeful and happy. Not smiling about a kill she just made- not Faceless Man satisfied. But she looked like Arya again. Like there might be some of that child she used to be still left- despite the fact that her childhood ended long ago.
And she has that one long moment on the horse, where she has to decide to go south or north. And you see her let go of what had been driving her- her mission to kill the queen. Her duty as assassin- even one that is more or less freelancing since abandoning the House of Black and White. She turns her back in it, literally, for the chance to see her brother again. A girl is still Arya Stark.
sorry if I’m confusing you all by not only giving you a new website but also changing my tumblr name LOLOL I WILL MAKE IT UP TO YOU ON WEDNESDAY, I PROMISE YOU’RE GONNA REALLY LIKE THE UPDATE…..I HOPE IT MAKES YOU SMILE……………IT MAKES ME FACE PALM A LOT
My Sunday seven, aka, I promise I'm not complaining....
1. First of all, thank you to all of you who reached out and it and sent good karma for my post the other day. I apologize for complaining, as I know so many of you who are dealing with so much more BS than I am and it really is not very fair or cool of me to even mention it. But I love you all for reaching out, and believe me it is highly appreciated.
2. On Friday, I finally got in contact with an orthopedic Physicians office, and they will be contacting me tomorrow on a date for an appointment with them. This is great, because I need to get fixed… And I don’t mean snip-snip, no more Mommy Daddy button either! LOL so that in itself is absolutely awesome news.
3. Aaron and I played this weekend at the local Festival known as art walk, and it was a blast. We only played for an hour, and we might have had 20 people who actually sat on the bleachers and listen to us, but there were tons of people Milling around and tons of people who stopped and listened and moved on, but clapped at the end of songs. It was great to get Aaron back on the stage for the first time after he got sober, and I think it took a lot out of him to do it. He was super Brave about it, and I was grinning from ear-to-ear. During the beginning of one of the songs we covered, which is the Traveling Wilburys song called “Handle With Care”, I even made mention of the fact that it was great to have my best friend back onstage with me again. You know, we joke about stuff but he truly kind of is the Edge to my Bono. I’m the guy who thinks nothing of getting up in front of a crowd and singing and working a crowd, whereas he is the guy who kind of settled in behind his guitar and goes to work. It’s kind of funny, but it’s how I Dynamic is these days and probably always will be.
4. During the days performance, I might have also found us a drummer, or should I say someone who is more than willing to play drums for us. My friend Jacob is an outgoing, charismatic, nuttier than nutty commercial fisherman who also happens to be an immensely talented musician. He plays drums, he plays guitar, he sings, and he’s learning The craft. What’s great is that in my wanting to Corral him and put him into our orbit, as it were I have this vision of creating a band that is a bit like the eagles… And no, we’re not going to be that band that you turn off cuz you’re having kind of a rough night… LOL! What I mean to say is that Aaron has very much a Don Felder vibe going on, minus the ego. Jacob reminds me a lot of a singing drummer by the name of Don Henley, and that he’s very focused and is always working and looking two steps ahead. And then you have me, the songwriter, who is just as focused and is driven but is enough of a jackass that I’m fun that I could most definitely play the role of Glenn Frey in the band. Not that I’m comparing Us in town or musicianship to the Eagles, God no and never, but if that kind of rule. Now, if I could only find a another guitar player who is a little bit more like a reform Joe Walsh and a bass player who also sings like Timothy B schmit. A fella can dream, right?
5. So I got a whole bunch of offers over the weekend for paying gigs for this summer, which is absolutely great. It won’t make up the income gap for me not fishing, but it most certainly will help. And on top of all of this, we are having some great progress with the two big music festivals that I’m organizing out here in Westport and in Hoquiam later this summer. The one in Westport is definitely taking on a life of its own, as we are most likely going to be sponsored by a couple of very large surf companies, and some other very big names so that are artists performing can get a decent paycheck and have great exposure at the same time. I’ll keep you guys posted, it might be boring, but it also might be one hell of a ride.
6. So on a personal note, this week I’ve made and refashioned an idea for myself. I decided that part of my problem is that I need to go through a process more often than I am of rhe committing to my goals and dreams. Because I’ve come to the conclusion that it is not for lack of ability to do these things, but rather it’s that I don’t achieve them because I don’t recommit and honor the initial obligation to myself of following through with my ideas reaching their goal. Honestly, it’s not even the fact that I’m not following through, but rather the fact that I need to make sure that every day I make that commitment to myself. And maybe I’m wrong, but if I recommit to those goals for myself, I feel like I can Inspire others to reach their own goals, and within my own community we can reach our Collective goals together while helping each other up the ladder, as it were. For many years, I had a hard time committing to myself and to my goals because of a lack of self-worth. And while I sometimes still struggle with that lack of self-worth and self soothing and building my own ego from the feedback that I received from others, I know that it is important for all of us to sometimes sit back and say that we really truly do matter here and no matter how small of a contribution, it’s still a contribution. And those goals, whether they be lofty or just barely rising from where you are right now, are still important and necessary and just as amazing as other people’s goals. And in recommitting to myself, I feel like I honor those goals and those things about me that I truly do love and appreciate. I hope this makes sense, because I think it’s something that all of us do and maybe I’m just late to the bandwagon of figuring out that this is one of the ways that successful people succeed. And that we committing to one’s goals, and verbalizing and vocalizing that commitment everyday is super important to keeping your eyes on the prize as it were and keeping going. Does that even make sense?
7. And as this is the last of my Sunday 7 today, I would like to reiterate how much I appreciate all of you and what you do for myself and for each other as part of this community. When I said some of the things that I said this last week, and questioned myself looking out at all of you and the amazing things you’re doing, I hope that that did not come across as angry at you for being amazing, because that’s not what I meant. I really truly do enjoy seeing each and everyone of you do well, or start the walk back to the road to Wellness and a recommitment to the joy that is living. I just got a little bit sideways, and I just wanted to make sure tonight that all of you know how appreciative I am of everyone of you being supportive in my journey as a Fisher poet, as a singer-songwriter, as someone who is actively looking to become more healthy, and as a human being. Y'all make this planet spin just that much better, and you don’t even know it!
Warrior’s from around the world, lend me your power!!!
Me and my friend are doing a Xenoverse 2 Expert Mission No. 12 Attack of the Lone Supersoldier and we need allies. If you have a high level character on the NA server and wanna join us, look for the group hosted by yaluckyboy