Being close friends with the jocks - Jeff, Monty, Justin and Zach-
inspired by the idea of allthe13reasonswhyheadcannons
How you first met the guys:
you’ve known them forever, literally going to the same primary school,but these were the moments that really brought you closer.
- Zach and you met during biology class first day into high-school,you get partnered up together and it just blossomed from there. You would help him with biology, thinking it was the sweetest thing that he wanted to be a Marien biologist cause how cute is he? you helping him study lead to you meeting Jeff not too long after.
- Jeff and you meet because Zach kept hearing him going on and on about him failing history, so you actually helped him before he met Clay.
- Now Justin and you met in primary school,he actually stood up for you when you were on the playground and some kid yelled “ Y/N HAS COOTIES”, you two were always friendly but never got too close till you started coming around more often for Zach and Jeff.
- Monty on the other hand,you knew from your parents. His dad and your dad co-own a company. So you would always have to go to events with the family and bump into him.
You friendships with each of them is different and special in their own way:
- Zach would be the one that gets you out of any bad mood you may be in. I think there was a time in his life where he felt like he was really misunderstood, like the people around him didn’t really know him, like he was lonely. Thats the last thing he would want you to feel. So wither if its making you laugh till you have tears rolling down your face,taking you out for a bite to eat at your favourite restaurant as a pick me up, or even something as small as letting you vent to him at any point of time,he loves making the most important people in his life happy and laugh,you are no different.
- Monty and your’s relationship would be the type of relationship where you two were complete and polar opposites. but it works in the best way ever! he opens you up to different things and he gets you to see stuff from his point of view,and its the same from your end.your a completely calm person and violence makes you nervous, you help him control his anger.
- Jeff,he is a literal ray of sunshine how could you not be happy around that boy? he would take you on the best adventures ever, almost all your funny story’s have to start with “that one time Jeff and I…..” he is you partner in crime.
- Justin and you connected in a way where you too would have the best conversations ever. That boy really has gone through his fair share of hard times in life, from his mother to meth-seth. So, some nights he call’s you,you two go up to the cliff that overlooks you’r home-town or even go to a 24/7 diner and just talk, about life, everything, anything. By the end both of you feel heaps better. Like a sense or relief. both of you going to bed in a better mood,jut happy to have some who understands you. You know about his family problems, so when your parents are out of town and your home alone - sometimes when they are home- he comes over and spends the night. one of your guest room basically slowly converting into his personal room with his clothing accumulating the closet and his stuff all over the place.
Going to parties with them is the best;
- they make it a thing to keep an eye out on you. so even if you go off and do your own thing,you’ll always find one of them checking in on you from the corner of their eye.
- Jeff would honestly be the designated driver of the group,yes he drink’s but he usually won’t go over 2 beers. he would jokingly claim “ i don’t need to get drunk to be the life of the party”
- Parties basically assure you a drunk Justin stumbling around before landing beside you babbling on and on about god knows what. You could swear one time you heard him talking about “if you write a book about being a failure…and it doesn’t sell…is it considered a success?”
- Even though you know they look out for you you happen to try an keep an eye on Monty, cause an overly wasted-drunk-outta his ass Monty makes an ever shorter tempered Monty… not.good.
- Zach is a social butterfly to say the least,even though he goes around the whole room talking people up,he always ends up checking in on you when your on your own or if some guy makes you uncomfortable or is too close.
- Some people at school don’t have have the best things to say about your friendship cause “what kind of whore goes between the same guys”. They judge it the wrong way and misunderstand it all the time
- While some of the school think of you differently when they find out your friend with people like them: categorising them as Monty the “bully”, Justin the “fuck boy”and all that nonsense that they say just say cause they don’t know them good enough
-You guys protect and look out for each other, its not just them protecting you -even though they do all the time,if its from major things like Bryce and making sure you don’t drive when your drunk , or smaller things like “ did you eat yet Y/N” “ don’t forget to wear your seatbelt babe and be careful”- You get really protective over them so when you hear people talking shit about either of them in the hallways you wont think twice of speaking up.