imreza

3

So, wired up the new subs/amp the other day…

Worked fine and sounded great for about 10 mins, then I smelt and saw smoke seeping through from the boot (trunk).

After almost shitting myself, I went to see what’d happened, and the fuse on the amp had fused so badly, it actually melted itself into the amp casing. After tearing it out with pliers you could see that it’d melted a hole through itself…

It was a 15A fuse, so not like it was too small or anything, and I checked all the wiring, there was nowhere for it to short out. Earth was properly connected to a sanded metal point on the chassis, and the rest of the wiring was fine.

Any suggestions as to what may have caused this would be greatly appreciated, thanks! :)