Imagine an angsty AU where it's the Zombie Apocalypse & most people in London are dead/zombies. But Joe and Caspar are survivors and they're trying to survive. But on a supply run Caspar gets bitten and asks Joe to kill him, but Joe can't do it. They've both have had huge crushes on each other for the LONGEST time but have been in denial until now. Joe realizes that he loves Caspar when he has to kill his best friend before Caspar turns into a zombie. Do you have any other angsty headcannons? ;3
this just bREAKS MY HEART. ahh its just so good??? like im so in love with apocalyptic aus and this is so amazingly painful im dying. honestly, i would love to write a fic about this but who knows if that’ll ever happen, i definitely have some headcanons though
- when the whole zombie outbreak occurs, joe is out doing meetings and stuff and caspar is home and sees it all happening on the news. he calls joe immediately and tells him to get home. nOW.
- theyre trapped in their flat for a couple of days and so they pack bags because theyre sure they’ll have to leave suddenly at some point, and they dont speak much, or sleep much, and they hide in the kitchen, on the floor with their backs pressed against the oven and their hands pressed over their ears, whenever the screaming outside gets too loud
- its not very long before theyre forced to leave their flat, its during the night and theyre both awake, just sitting in joes bedroom, when they hear the front door burst open upstairs. they leave through joes bedroom window and run down the ruined streets of london without turning back
- they dont stay anywhere for very long. sleeping in a different abandoned building every night. they dont even say anything about it, but the very first night they lay down right next to each other. because its cold and theyre scared. and then every night after that, neither of them can sleep unless theyre pressed against the others side
- one of them gets hurt. bad. and it scares the shit out of the other, who watches it happen. theyre both shaken, and the one who isnt injured patches up the other’s injury with his trembling hands and tear-blurred vision. the other watches him, mind hazy with the pain, and he attempts to crack a joke. to try and make the other feel better. to try and make them both feel a little more human. its a terrible joke, but suddenly theyre both smiling, despite the fact that their eyes are red with tears and their hearts are hammering in their chests, and its at that moment that they fall in love with each other.
- but, like you said, joe doesnt realize that hes in love with caspar until he has to kill him (fucking ouch). caspar has probably already realized, and come to terms with the fact that hes in love with joe at this point
- caspar doesnt say anything about getting bitten bc he doesnt want to scare joe, but he also just doesnt want to admit it himself. it doesnt last very long, and when he tells joe, joe is devastated. he doesnt know what to do. so he tells caspar its all going to be ok. but its not. and they both know what needs to happen
- cue the angsty love confession, a kiss and a lot of tears
- cue also: my death